Strictly Come Dancing

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Strictly Come Dancing

Post by millerqueen on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:57 pm

plus I'm lead to believe he has a cruise booked down the Panama canalshortly which may have lead to his decision.
millerqueen
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 217
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:40 pm

The Browncoat Cat wrote:
Frank wrote:Well, having watched It Takes Two, I was very upset for Christina when she got emotional about the whole thing. And John didn't even comfort her!
Which was John Sargeant proving just how old fashioned, Middle Class and English he is.

Frank wrote:Cherie's partner was a tad harsh but I could understand what he meant about John's manipulation of the situation. I don't think he should have quit. He should have stuck it out and battled through as I'm with Craig on the fact that the voters would eventually have chosen another couple over John and Christina.
I think both Craig Revil-Horwood and James Jordan were wrong. When John Sargeant survived last week, I realised that we might be in a Christopher Parker situation, that word of mouth and media interest would propel a "rubbish" dancer to the final. This would not be good for Strictly Come Dancing, John Sargeant realised this, which is why he dropped out.
That and he'd already booked a holiday for two weeks time.
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:42 pm

millerqueen wrote:plus I'm lead to believe he has a cruise booked down the Panama canalshortly which may have lead to his decision.
Indeed so, m'dear.

I'll make no bones about it - I'm delighted he's gone. Perhaps now we can actually get back to enjoying contestants who are actually improving at dancing.
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Awards :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:23 am

millerqueen wrote:plus I'm lead to believe he has a cruise booked down the Panama canal shortly which may have lead to his decision.
I suspect that Mr. Sargeant thought he would have been eliminated, and indeed should have been eliminated, in the early stages of the competition when he booked this cruise. In my experience to get the best deals, you have to book this sort of holiday upto twelve months in advance, so he would not have known how events would unfirl. Of course this has not stopped the Daily Hate Mail using it as amunition to have a go at both Mr. Sargeant and the BBC.
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1148
Awards :

View user profile http://browncoatcat.gardd-lelog.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:29 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:I'll make no bones about it - I'm delighted he's gone. Perhaps now we can actually get back to enjoying contestants who are actually improving at dancing.
Exactly, at the end of the day it is a DANCE competition, where the public are supposed to vote for who they think is the best dancer, not the person who was the most entertainingly bad. Mr. Sargeant knew this, which is why he dropped out, the people who are making ludicrous comments comparing the situation to a Zimbabwean election have missed the point.
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank on Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:32 am

The Browncoat Cat wrote:
Sid Seadevil wrote:I'll make no bones about it - I'm delighted he's gone. Perhaps now we can actually get back to enjoying contestants who are actually improving at dancing.
Exactly, at the end of the day it is a DANCE competition, where the public are supposed to vote for who they think is the best dancer, not the person who was the most entertainingly bad. Mr. Sargeant knew this, which is why he dropped out, the people who are making ludicrous comments comparing the situation to a Zimbabwean election have missed the point.

I do agree with that to an extent. And certainly with the revelation he's got himself a cruise booked then it becomes very clear that he himself hadn't anticipated being in the competition this long. I'm glad he's gone too but if had stayed the course I did have faith he would get knocked out eventually anyway but the argument still remains that when the public have half the vote they can do pretty much what they please and the dancing doesn't get a look in. Thankfully, we can now get back to what is, as you say, a DANCE competition.
Frank
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 922
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile http://www.cathoderaytube.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat on Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:36 pm

I have caught up with this week's Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two. Did the Sargeantgate edition really need to be an hour long? Although throughout the show, all I could think was how ill Lionel Blair looked.
I would really like Claudia Winklemann to replace Jonathan Ross on the Friday Night chat show, and it looks as if she has a good working relationship with Four Poofs and a Piano.
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:16 am

The Browncoat Cat wrote:I have caught up with this week's Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two. Did the Sargeantgate edition really need to be an hour long? Although throughout the show, all I could think was how ill Lionel Blair looked.
I would really like Claudia Winklemann to replace Jonathan Ross on the Friday Night chat show, and it looks as if she has a good working relationship with Four Poofs and a Piano.

He was looking old and ill, bless him. Why the BBC hasn't given Claudia a prime time show by now is one of life's great mysteries. I thought the Saturday and Sunday shows were great. The dance off was truly thrilling and I thought it would be Jodie going. Really surprised that Christine didn't end up in the dance off. She's got the popular vote now, I think.
Frank
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by delgadofan on Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:33 am

The Browncoat Cat wrote:

Claudia Winklemann (who surely must have shares in black eyeliner companies) is an interesting and sweet 'lil being but I doubt she'd front a chat show like Ross's which after all is tailored to suit Ross's edgy style through-and-through. Another chat show format entirely, sure.

delgadofan
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 121

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil on Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:38 am

delgadofan wrote:Claudia Winklemann (who surely must have shares in black eyeliner companies) is an interesting and sweet 'lil being but I doubt she'd front a chat show like Ross's which after all is tailored to suit Ross's edgy style through-and-through. Another chat show format entirely, sure.
Even better still, Claudia should immediately replace Davina McCall in everything she's connected with. Claudia is everything the D isn't - and then some!
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Awards :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank on Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:57 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:
delgadofan wrote:Claudia Winklemann (who surely must have shares in black eyeliner companies) is an interesting and sweet 'lil being but I doubt she'd front a chat show like Ross's which after all is tailored to suit Ross's edgy style through-and-through. Another chat show format entirely, sure.
Even better still, Claudia should immediately replace Davina McCall in everything she's connected with. Claudia is everything the D isn't - and then some!

She'd make a fab zombie!
Frank
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil on Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:06 am

Frank wrote:She'd make a fab zombie!
Yes, that too! She'd make a fab zombie - and an ancient Egyptian to boot.
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Awards :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:11 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:

'Antony And Cleopatra' sponsored by 'Maybe Its Mabeline'. Or, 'Dawn Of The Dead' sponsored by 'Max Factor'. Someone needs to have a word in her shell-like, 'Claudia, the Dusty Springfield make-up just isn't working, love'.
Frank
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat on Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:32 pm

Frank wrote:
Sid Seadevil wrote:

'Antony And Cleopatra' sponsored by 'Maybe Its Mabeline'. Or, 'Dawn Of The Dead' sponsored by 'Max Factor'. Someone needs to have a word in her shell-like, 'Claudia, the Dusty Springfield make-up just isn't working, love'.
The same person who after the first week of It Takes Two this year reminded her she was not seventeen any more, so maybe her raiding the "Work Experience" girl's wardrobe was not such a good idea. She still wears some wonderfully bizarre outfits though.
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil on Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:15 am

The Browncoat Cat wrote:
Frank wrote:
Sid Seadevil wrote:

The same person who after the first week of It Takes Two this year reminded her she was not seventeen any more, so maybe her raiding the "Work Experience" girl's wardrobe was not such a good idea. She still wears some wonderfully bizarre outfits though.
Indeed. There's just something so damned likable about her. She's like your slightly exasperating little sibling who throws themselves into everything with the breathless enthusiasm of an overactive puppy. It's a rare gift. She should be unspeakably annoying, but she isn't: She's just incredibly loveable.
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Awards :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by barnaby morbius on Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:22 am

weird. lisa and rachel tied. so therefore tom could not not be in the dance off. therefore the scrapped the whole thing.

all a bit pointless...
barnaby morbius
What about moi computer?

Number of posts : 1609
Awards :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspadistra on Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:30 am

There's speculation that it was a ploy to keep to the original plan to have three finalists. (We lost one person too early, thanks to John Sergeant's exit.
Aspadistra
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1458
Awards :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate on Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:49 am

The computer algorithms went wonky cos JS left... fair enough, he was a shifty beggar going the way he did and really mucked things up for all and sundry.

Kate
Antipodean Eye of Sauron

Number of posts : 858
Awards :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank on Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:03 am

Kate Seadevil wrote:The computer algorithms went wonky cos JS left... fair enough, he was a shifty beggar going the way he did and really mucked things up for all and sundry.

Yes, it crossed my mind that they made an executive decision to go for three finalists because of JS. It was very strange though and I'm sure it's left quite a few people very puzzled. I'm happy that the three of them went through. Rachel to win, I think. That Argentine tango was utterly marvellous. Tangolicious. Smile
Frank
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat on Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:08 am

Even though they should only vote on the quality of the dancing, people do vote to save their favourite celeb from the Dance Off. The thing is, no matter how many times his fans voted for him, there is no way that Tom Chambers could have avoided the "Dance Off". Imagine the stink that would have blown up if Tom had been booted last night, when it innevitably came out that people were wasting their money because it was not going to make any difference.
It comes as no surprise that The News of the World a waste of good trees published by Rupert Murdoch, a man who hates the BBC, is kicking up all the fuss.
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:40 pm

There is a mathematical possibility that despite getting a perfect score in both dances, Lisa Snowdon could be knocked out. She really isn't that popular with the Strictly fans I know, and I suspect that that is a view also shared with the General Public. The maximum Tom Chambers can score is 4, if he gets the full three points from the phone vote. The minimum that Lisa Snowdon can get is also 4 if she gets the minimum one from the phone vote. If these two dancers tied on 4, the one with the larger public vote would go through to the Final of Finals. That would mean the end of the road for Lisa.
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator on Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:52 pm

Funny really, the result IMO was really no different to the John Seargeant affair. The public gets what the public wants, almost as if to deliverately stick 2 fingers up to the judges.

Number of posts : 11054
Awards :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat on Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:10 pm

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Funny really, the result IMO was really no different to the John Seargeant affair. The public gets what the public wants, almost as if to deliverately stick 2 fingers up to the judges.
I suppose that this only underlines how unpopular Lisa Snowdon really is. There has to be a reason why she was in the Dance-Off so many times. If this competition was based solely on the public vote, Lisa would have gone home months ago.

However, to be positive, wasn't that two hours of the finest television light entertainment that you could ever wish to see. Superb dancing, great singing, wonder music from the Dave Arch Orchestra, comedy from Brucey. All that was missing was the magician doing card tricks.
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by barnaby morbius on Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:44 am

i thought tom and camilla's show dance was brilliant actually. rachel's flashdance thing was a bit naff.
barnaby morbius
What about moi computer?

Number of posts : 1609
Awards :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:35 am

The contestants for the 2009 series have been announced. Quite a few sporting types - plus Tuffers!

Number of posts : 11054
Awards :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top