Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Bonsai.Talker on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:01 am

Zoltar wrote:I've now had a chance to see all but the musical episode via 'other means', all three episodes were very good and it was a solid conclusion to the season. Now if I can just get my hands on the musical one... Very Happy
I wonder if they finished it. Maybe Australia was waiting to broadcast the episodes because they were waiting for this one, but in the end when they saw it was still not ready, they decided to play them not in order? Or am I way too much confabulating there? Very Happy

Anyway, yep the epi were good. But the finale was laaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. I won't say more. Razz

Bonsai.Talker
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 327
Age : 35
Location : South of Bebop
Registration date : 2009-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Zoltar on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:26 am

Bonsai.Talker wrote:I wonder if they finished it. Maybe Australia was waiting to broadcast the episodes because they were waiting for this one, but in the end when they saw it was still not ready, they decided to play them not in order? Or am I way too much confabulating there? Very Happy

Anyway, yep the epi were good. But the finale was laaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. I won't say more. Razz
Yeah yeah. Razz

Spoiler:
Equinox lover. Very Happy

I dunno, wasn't it supposed to be played at Comic Con?

_________________
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
-Mark Twain

Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Age : 46
Location : The wilds of New Jersey
Awards :


Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Bonsai.Talker on Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:38 pm

Zoltar wrote:
Yeah yeah. Razz

Spoiler:
Equinox lover. Very Happy

I dunno, wasn't it supposed to be played at Comic Con?
Yes, they did. Damn, my whole conspiracy theory has failed again. T_T

Spoiler:
Equinouchou rocked and was a great villain and he was hot, and intelligent and siouper powerful and he could transform into a Mecha and, and, and he was kind!!! He meant well! He realized his mistakes!!! He shall have not... Equinouchou... T_T

Bonsai.Talker
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 327
Age : 35
Location : South of Bebop
Registration date : 2009-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Zoltar on Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:04 pm

Bonsai.Talker wrote:Yes, they did. Damn, my whole conspiracy theory has failed again. T_T

Spoiler:
Equinouchou rocked and was a great villain and he was hot, and intelligent and siouper powerful and he could transform into a Mecha and, and, and he was kind!!! He meant well! He realized his mistakes!!! He shall have not... Equinouchou... T_T
Spoiler:
He was not kind. He tried to beat up Batman. I'd expect you'd be against that sort of thing. Wink

_________________
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
-Mark Twain

Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Age : 46
Location : The wilds of New Jersey
Awards :


Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Bonsai.Talker on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:24 pm

Zoltar wrote:
Spoiler:
He was not kind. He tried to beat up Batman. I'd expect you'd be against that sort of thing. Wink
Spoiler:
He wanted to spread balance in the Universe. If that is not kind, I don't know what it is. Yeah sure, a couple of people would have died, but it was the price to pay. *nods*
As for Batsou, he did a mistake there. He should have hugged and invited him to stay for the night at our home. *nods*

Spoiler:
And more seriously, Ed also thought the end was too abrupt. In the two episodes where he appeared, he showed himself as being someone with a huge potential and very powerful. That being said, maybe he's not dead and will appear again. Who knows. But I thought that with such a great character, they could have done something else, tis all. Smile

Bonsai.Talker
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 327
Age : 35
Location : South of Bebop
Registration date : 2009-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Zoltar on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:30 pm

Bonsai.Talker wrote:
Spoiler:
He wanted to spread balance in the Universe. If that is not kind, I don't know what it is. Yeah sure, a couple of people would have died, but it was the price to pay. *nods*
As for Batsou, he did a mistake there. He should have hugged and invited him to stay for the night at our home. *nods*

Spoiler:
And more seriously, Ed also thought the end was too abrupt. In the two episodes where he appeared, he showed himself as being someone with a huge potential and very powerful. That being said, maybe he's not dead and will appear again. Who knows. But I thought that with such a great character, they could have done something else, tis all. Smile
Spoiler:
He wanted to spread balance by destroying the universe and then recreating it, didn't he? Kinda rude. Razz As for returning, I suppose he could, so long as they had a new story to tell. I wouldn't want just a repeat of his desire for universal balance on his terms.

_________________
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
-Mark Twain

Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Age : 46
Location : The wilds of New Jersey
Awards :


Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Dave Webb on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:00 am

Zoltar, you don't have to be coy about "other means" - if you mean a Brave and Bold torrent, you can say so.

I watched a couple of episodes on YouTube.
Umm.

The ones featuring Guy Gardener were good. Nice to see them repeat the "one punch!" gag from JLA.

I shall try very hard to get used to Batman as a kid's rolemodel, and about the lampshading of assorted tropes (including the tacit admission that if you give Bruce time to prepare he can beat anyone). I'll even admit I've spent too much time in the company of the Frank Miller inspired Batman, and that Bats's dialog would sound better in Superman's mouth, but this is because I've totally failed to reconnect with my kidhood.

Was that R. Lee Ermy I heard as Wildcat? Nice voicecasting!

_________________
Nucleus Cetum Ex Orbita. Unus Caetis Maximus.
sparacus wrote:Invalid response.

Dave Webb
Mod in Occupancy

Number of posts : 1175
Age : 47
Location : Leicester
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile http://unsatirical.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Bonsai.Talker on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:44 am

Okay, that was very kinky.
I wrote a siouper long post and in the end, it only posted a quote. O_o
Anyway...

Zoltar wrote:
Spoiler:
He wanted to spread balance by destroying the universe and then recreating it, didn't he? Kinda rude. Razz As for returning, I suppose he could, so long as they had a new story to tell. I wouldn't want just a repeat of his desire for universal balance on his terms.
Spoiler:
Bleh, I shall restart again all I said? Razz
To cut short a long story.
No, it's not rude. This universe is creepy and a good hardboot won't be such a bad idea. I do support Equinox there.
Second of all: no repeat huh? So, you also would want Catwoman who doesn't try to steal something, or Joker doing some bad jokes? Equinox is based on balance. It's his whole being! Maybe he could become a good guy...
Heck, he was brilliant, we need more of him.
A team-up with Deadpool? Razz Razz Razz



Dave Webb wrote:Zoltar, you don't have to be coy about "other means" - if you mean a Brave and Bold torrent, you can say so.
He doesn't use Torrent. True story.
He has his own upload faerie. And a very cute one, if you ask my opinion. *nods*


Dave Webb wrote:
I shall try very hard to get used to Batman as a kid's rolemodel, and about the lampshading of assorted tropes (including the tacit admission that if you give Bruce time to prepare he can beat anyone). I'll even admit I've spent too much time in the company of the Frank Miller inspired Batman, and that Bats's dialog would sound better in Superman's mouth, but this is because I've totally failed to reconnect with my kidhood.
I like Batman as a kid's rolemodel.
I like Batman as a pathetic rich kid with issues "let me pout alone!" in JLA.
I like Batman as a Holy cheese! What will happen in the next episode? silliness.
I like Batman as a psychotic freak like in many comics.
I even like Batman as a Hrmm I have a big black moto into compensate with something else.
Yep. I do like Batman.

Bonsai.Talker
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 327
Age : 35
Location : South of Bebop
Registration date : 2009-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Zoltar on Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:42 am

Dave Webb wrote:Zoltar, you don't have to be coy about "other means" - if you mean a Brave and Bold torrent, you can say so.
Oh, I know. I still say "the Tube of You" sometimes as well, just force of habit I guess.

Dave Webb wrote:I watched a couple of episodes on YouTube.
Umm.

The ones featuring Guy Gardener were good. Nice to see them repeat the "one punch!" gag from JLA.

I shall try very hard to get used to Batman as a kid's rolemodel, and about the lampshading of assorted tropes (including the tacit admission that if you give Bruce time to prepare he can beat anyone). I'll even admit I've spent too much time in the company of the Frank Miller inspired Batman, and that Bats's dialog would sound better in Superman's mouth, but this is because I've totally failed to reconnect with my kidhood.
It's very much a Silver Age Batman, with a little of the Adam West show mixed in for good measure. But the show can surprise you, check out "Trials of the Demon!" if you get a chance. There are some interesting guest stars.

Dave Webb wrote:Was that R. Lee Ermy I heard as Wildcat? Nice voicecasting!
Yep, that was The Gunny and I agree, he was a great choice.

_________________
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
-Mark Twain

Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Age : 46
Location : The wilds of New Jersey
Awards :


Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Zoltar on Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:47 am

Bonsai.Talker wrote:
Spoiler:
Bleh, I shall restart again all I said? Razz
To cut short a long story.
No, it's not rude. This universe is creepy and a good hardboot won't be such a bad idea. I do support Equinox there.
Second of all: no repeat huh? So, you also would want Catwoman who doesn't try to steal something, or Joker doing some bad jokes? Equinox is based on balance. It's his whole being! Maybe he could become a good guy...
Heck, he was brilliant, we need more of him.
A team-up with Deadpool? Razz Razz Razz
Spoiler:
Sorry, I don't support hardbooting the universe. Particularly if I'm amongst the stuff that gets destroyed and remade as Equinox wants it to be. Very Happy

And Equinox trying to destroy and recreate the universe in his image over and over again would not be fun, it would be DBZ with Bat-ears on. Razz It's a little different from Catwoman stealing.

_________________
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
-Mark Twain

Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Age : 46
Location : The wilds of New Jersey
Awards :


Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Bonsai.Talker on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:03 am

Zoltar wrote:
Spoiler:
Sorry, I don't support hardbooting the universe. Particularly if I'm amongst the stuff that gets destroyed and remade as Equinox wants it to be. Very Happy

And Equinox trying to destroy and recreate the universe in his image over and over again would not be fun, it would be DBZ with Bat-ears on. Razz It's a little different from Catwoman stealing.

Spoiler:
Hrmm using the loss of you as an argument against my lurve for the universe's hardboot is very unfair, monsieur. Razz

And what about a team-up with Batsy? He did save his life, dang it!
Or do I also have to write that down as a story of my mind which will never happen, like my lovely zombies musical? T_T

Bonsai.Talker
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 327
Age : 35
Location : South of Bebop
Registration date : 2009-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Zoltar on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:09 am

Bonsai.Talker wrote:
Spoiler:
Hrmm using the loss of you as an argument against my lurve for the universe's hardboot is very unfair, monsieur. Razz

And what about a team-up with Batsy? He did save his life, dang it!
Or do I also have to write that down as a story of my mind which will never happen, like my lovely zombies musical? T_T
Spoiler:
Razz

Who knows? Could happen.

_________________
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
-Mark Twain

Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Age : 46
Location : The wilds of New Jersey
Awards :


Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Zoltar on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:52 pm

Well, Cartoon Network has begun playing the final four episodes of the season (starting with the OMAC episode last night) and they're actually advertising the musical episode. Which is wise of them, as it was great.

_________________
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
-Mark Twain

Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Age : 46
Location : The wilds of New Jersey
Awards :


Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Horizon Chaser on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:58 am

Bonsai.Talker wrote:I like Batman as a kid's rolemodel.
I like Batman as a pathetic rich kid with issues "let me pout alone!" in JLA.
I like Batman as a Holy cheese! What will happen in the next episode? silliness.
I like Batman as a psychotic freak like in many comics.
I even like Batman as a Hrmm I have a big black moto into compensate with something else.
Yep. I do like Batman.

And she wonders why we find her so attractive?

Horizon Chaser
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 118
Age : 49
Location : Right Here
Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Horizon Chaser on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:00 am

I was so happy to see Captain Marvel make an appearance. I hope he gets his own team-up.

Also, in the Aquaman Family Vacation episode I thought it was an hilarious tease with that Smallville gag.

What's left of this season? Are they going to renew it? I hope so because I think this show still has legs.

Horizon Chaser
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 118
Age : 49
Location : Right Here
Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Zoltar on Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:50 pm

Horizon Chaser wrote:I was so happy to see Captain Marvel make an appearance. I hope he gets his own team-up.
As do I. The guest stars this year have been a real walk down memory lane. Enemy Ace? Didn't expect him. Very Happy

Horizon Chaser wrote:Also, in the Aquaman Family Vacation episode I thought it was an hilarious tease with that Smallville gag.

What's left of this season? Are they going to renew it? I hope so because I think this show still has legs.
I hope they do renew it, it's a great show. The Aquaman Family Vacation one was really fun, I loved all the fake title cards for his various team-ups. That map showed a number of DC towns, yeah. Smallville, Hub City, Metropolis, etc.

Have you seen "The Golden Age of Justice!" yet?

_________________
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
-Mark Twain

Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Age : 46
Location : The wilds of New Jersey
Awards :


Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Sid Seadevil on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:53 am

Well, this wonderful little series just continues to delight as it enters its, sadly, final season to make way for the forthcoming new "darker" Batman CGI show that's waiting in the wings to replace it.

I'm going to miss it. But we haven't reached the end yet - so I'm going to continue to savour it until the axe finally falls.

Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Age : 57
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Zoltar on Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:53 am

The latest episode, featuring a take on the lighthearted version of the Justice League, was a lot of fun. I'll miss this show too.

_________________
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
-Mark Twain

Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Age : 46
Location : The wilds of New Jersey
Awards :


Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Sid Seadevil on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:13 pm

Zoltar wrote:The latest episode, featuring a take on the lighthearted version of the Justice League, was a lot of fun. I'll miss this show too.
Ohhhhhhhhh...I'm so looking forwards to this one. It looks absolutely hysterical.

Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Age : 57
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Zoltar on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Sid Seadevil wrote:Ohhhhhhhhh...I'm so looking forwards to this one. It looks absolutely hysterical.
It was, but they managed a menacing Darkseid as well. This show is fantastic at balancing humor and seriousness.

_________________
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
-Mark Twain

Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Age : 46
Location : The wilds of New Jersey
Awards :


Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Sid Seadevil on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:04 pm

Zoltar wrote:It was, but they managed a menacing Darkseid as well. This show is fantastic at balancing humor and seriousness.
Absolutely. They've absolutely nailed that balance pretty much right out of the starting gate.

I'm even more delighted they got Deseid right. More impatient to see it now than ever.

Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Age : 57
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Zoltar on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:41 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:Absolutely. They've absolutely nailed that balance pretty much right out of the starting gate.

I'm even more delighted they got Deseid right. More impatient to see it now than ever.
Have you seen the "Emperor Joker" episode?

_________________
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
-Mark Twain

Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Age : 46
Location : The wilds of New Jersey
Awards :


Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Elliott H. Seadevil on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:42 pm

its a great show with a real spark iv,e seen every episode done it truly is a great show

Elliott H. Seadevil
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 508
Age : 17
Location : In sheldons apartment block in the closed off lift
Awards :
Registration date : 2010-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Sid Seadevil on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:45 pm

I'm just frustrated by how much they play around with its scheduling. It never seems to be in a regular slot. It's been ages since I saw a new episode. Sad

Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Age : 57
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Elliott H. Seadevil on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:38 pm

I know its been at least 3 months

Elliott H. Seadevil
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 508
Age : 17
Location : In sheldons apartment block in the closed off lift
Awards :
Registration date : 2010-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum