Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate "The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe"

+9
barnaby morbius
Zoltar
Rich Flair
Nick Barlow
Johnstone McGuckian
The Browncoat Cat
stanmore
Dave Webb
Patrick
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rate "The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe"

Rate "The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe" - Page 2 Bar_left11%Rate "The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe" - Page 2 Bar_right 11% 
[ 2 ]
Rate "The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe" - Page 2 Bar_left61%Rate "The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe" - Page 2 Bar_right 61% 
[ 11 ]
Rate "The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe" - Page 2 Bar_left22%Rate "The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe" - Page 2 Bar_right 22% 
[ 4 ]
Rate "The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe" - Page 2 Bar_left6%Rate "The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe" - Page 2 Bar_right 6% 
[ 1 ]
Rate "The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe" - Page 2 Bar_left0%Rate "The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe" - Page 2 Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 18

Rate "The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe" - Page 2 Empty Re: Rate "The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe"

Post by The Browncoat Cat Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:15 pm

I think I understand why I preferred The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe so much more than Series 32. It was because it was small scale and simple.
When he was writing for RTD's version of Doctor Who he had to keep things small scale because he was only writing a few episodes a year. There was someone to telling when he was going over the top.
When he became show runner, he had to plot out the whole series and because he is head writer for his favourite show off all time, with nobody to tell him when to stop he loses his usual professional good judgement and all sense of proportion. Plots and story arcs get more and more convoluted and silly.
But the Christmas Special is different. It is only on for an hour, it has to be accessible to people who don't usually watch Doctor Who. So he keeps it small. Keeps it simple, approaches it like he used to approach writing for the RTD era. The result is sublime Doctor Who.
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1148
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-11-04

http://browncoatcat.gardd-lelog.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Rate "The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe" - Page 2 Empty Re: Rate "The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe"

Post by lucy_who Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:58 am

I thought it was delightful. Messy, flawed, overblown in parts, undercooked in others, but overall quite delightful.
lucy_who
lucy_who
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 380
Awards : Rate "The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe" - Page 2 Richfl10

Rate "The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe" - Page 2 Person10

Registration date : 2008-11-03

http://www.notaclique.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2