Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Space 1999 Remake

4 posters

Go down

Space 1999 Remake Empty Space 1999 Remake

Post by Tessellated Facsimile Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:20 am

Don't blame us for this. We've never heard of the original (except for what Sid and our dad has said about it) - so we're just following Sid's suggestion to pass this news along.

Here's the info: Space 2099 Poster Art - P 2012
ITV Studios America and HDFILMS, the company behind ABC's reimagining of "V," are prepping a contemporary iteration of the 1970s space franchise.

And the full story is

HERE

Smile
Tessellated Facsimile
Tessellated Facsimile
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 213
Location : Trapped inside this stupid malfunctioning robot body. Don't any of you EVER read our signature?
Registration date : 2011-09-09

Back to top Go down

Space 1999 Remake Empty Re: Space 1999 Remake

Post by The Co=Ordinator Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:36 am

Terrible idea. Therefore entirely predictable.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
Awards : Space 1999 Remake Person10
Space 1999 Remake Richfl10

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessellated Facsimile Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:32 am

Indubitably. Just checked some clips of the original out on the Tube-of-U - CHEESETASTIC!! What a Face Laughing

Tessellated Facsimile
Tessellated Facsimile
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 213
Location : Trapped inside this stupid malfunctioning robot body. Don't any of you EVER read our signature?
Registration date : 2011-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:02 pm

As usual, I am in two minds about this. Part of me thinks it is a terrible idea, whilst the other half is cheering and whooping loudly. Bare in mind that HTV Wales never broadcast the second series, so I only remember the better half of Space 1999. Of course, if it is a complete reboot, it will have to be Space 2099, because quite apart from the fact 1999 has been and gone, 2099 has a much more futuristic sound to it than 1999. if it is in some way a sequel, then the title will still have to change. Even back in the 1970's I thought the title was a bit pony.
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1148
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-11-04

http://browncoatcat.gardd-lelog.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Neon Seal Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:20 am

Part of me is excited about this. I loved the repeats when I was little. I'm a bit meh about the title though. C'mon... citys on the moon by 2099? Going off the dire state of current space exploration, they'd strugle to have a porter loo there by the end of the century. I mean, they could, but only in a future where there has been some massive upheavel on the Earth. They could do this I suppose, Ghost in the Shell IS set after two more world wars -the third world war and the none-nuclear world war which was pretty much a showroom for the advancement of cybernetics.
The Neon Seal
The Neon Seal
Youngster

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2013-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down