Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PC Games! The thread for people who shoot other people with mice.

+3
Nick Barlow
Sid Seadevil
Dave Webb
7 posters

Go down

PC Games!  The thread for people who shoot other people with mice. Empty PC Games! The thread for people who shoot other people with mice.

Post by Dave Webb Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:01 pm

A thread for those of us with PCs, the most flexible gaming platform ever, to kick around comments, thoughts, game secrets etc.
Dave Webb
Dave Webb
Mod in Occupancy

Number of posts : 1175
Awards : PC Games!  The thread for people who shoot other people with mice. Poster10
PC Games!  The thread for people who shoot other people with mice. Person10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

http://unsatirical.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

PC Games!  The thread for people who shoot other people with mice. Empty Re: PC Games! The thread for people who shoot other people with mice.

Post by Sid Seadevil Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:14 am

I'm currently playing Praetorians on and off at the moment. It's a really rather enjoyable strategy game where I get to boss around the Roman army against various Barbarian tribes/opposing states. Even on a rickety, underpowered Pc such as mine it's quick and responsive - with a nice user interface and a more than halfway decent AI engine.

I save beat/shoot-em-ups, for my for my aging PS2 - where I'm currently, depending on the day, either James Bond in Quantum of Solace or getting hammered my the Medusa snakey lady Boss in God of War II.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards : PC Games!  The thread for people who shoot other people with mice. Poster10

Back to top Go down

PC Games!  The thread for people who shoot other people with mice. Empty Re: PC Games! The thread for people who shoot other people with mice.

Post by Nick Barlow Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:43 am

I'm addicted to Civilization 4 at the moment, and have slowly moved up through the levels, though I'm getting to the point where the AI is becoming quite psychotic as it attempts to peg me back.
Nick Barlow
Nick Barlow
Councillor Mod

Number of posts : 1213

http://www.nickbarlow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Void Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:05 pm

I'm looking for some sort of action/adventure/shooting game for my laptop, preferably cheap and avoiding lag. It's Windows Vista and has 2GB RAM, any suggestions?
The_Void
The_Void
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:09 pm

The_Void wrote:I'm looking for some sort of action/adventure/shooting game for my laptop, preferably cheap and avoiding lag. It's Windows Vista and has 2GB RAM, any suggestions?
What about one of the old tried and trusted titles such as Doom or Duke Nuckem? Simple, fasting and will easily run on a lappy with those kind of specs...plus you should be able to pick em up really cheaply.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by millerqueen Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:29 pm

I'm playing The Elder Scrolls IV oblivion quite obsessively at the moment, It's a bother that whilst it's in windowed mode, it's not easy to access other programs while playing
millerqueen
millerqueen
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 217
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:23 pm

millerqueen wrote:I'm playing The Elder Scrolls IV oblivion quite obsessively at the moment, It's a bother that whilst it's in windowed mode, it's not easy to access other programs while playing
Now that's a problem that really used to frustrate me in the early days of PC gaming. It's just a case of poor planning on the game designers part.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by millerqueen Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:12 am

I am currently addicted to Fallout 3, or should that be I'm addicted to dying in Fallout 3
millerqueen
millerqueen
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 217
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:15 am

millerqueen wrote:I am currently addicted to Fallout 3, or should that be I'm addicted to dying in Fallout 3
My glorious Legions are set to crush a Gaulish rebellion. Damned Gauls - they never know when they're well off.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:04 pm

Rome Total War. I finally have it after years of lusting after it whenever I visited my nephew. It's installed on my netbook (I found a crack it so it plays without the CD) - and I'm loving it.

In fact I'm loving it so much that I wasn't really even that upset when my glorious Legions relived history by getting wiped out by the Germanics during the battle of the Teutenberg Forest forest.

More than well worth the £5.99 I forked out for it at Morrisons.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfighter Pilot Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:33 am

I have Medieval Total War but it won't work on my current laptop. Sad I think it's the graphics card. So irritating, as I love that game! I've vaguely thought of getting the second one as that will hopefully work.

In the meantime, I've been back on the original Age of Empires missions. Over the weekend I completed Saladin Five for the first time - took me long enough! Very Happy
Starfighter Pilot
Starfighter Pilot
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 802
Awards : PC Games!  The thread for people who shoot other people with mice. Kindes10
PC Games!  The thread for people who shoot other people with mice. Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:16 am

Starfighter Pilot wrote:I have Medieval Total War but it won't work on my current laptop. Sad I think it's the graphics card. So irritating, as I love that game! I've vaguely thought of getting the second one as that will hopefully work.

In the meantime, I've been back on the original Age of Empires missions. Over the weekend I completed Saladin Five for the first time - took me long enough! Very Happy
I can play Medieval on my main PC, but it's so old and underspeced that it couldn't cope with Rome. However, the netbooky thingy has no such problems - and I'm well chuffed that I'm able to play the entire thing from the HD, since the netbook has no dvd/cd drive.

I haven't played Age of Empires in donkey's years. I might just revisit it once the new cable for the PC monitor arrives.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:42 pm

I'm back playing Guild Wars again. Trying to get an Elementalist character to Level 20 in pre-Searing Ascalon. I have a Level 20+ Elementalist that I started in the Prophesy campaign, and have manouvered her through the Factions campaign and just started on Nightfall.
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1148
Awards :

http://browncoatcat.gardd-lelog.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum