Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2009 DVD releases - my grand theory

4 posters

Go down

2009 DVD releases - my grand theory Empty 2009 DVD releases - my grand theory

Post by Colin Hicks Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:07 am

Something I've been musing over for a while. We know what most of this year's releases are, barring a boxset of three and a single story. As to what those will be, this was the logical process I followed before Zeta Minor starting pushing the "Myths and Legends" idea. A key part of this is the assumption that the unnanounced boxset is the Black Guardian trilogy. I could, of course, be wrong on that one.

I think it's easiest to eliminate the ones that probably *won't* be out this year; I don't think we'll see any more 60s ones, as three Hartnells in a year is pretty good anyway, and they probably want to space out the remaining Troughtons; I'm pretty sure Steve Roberts or someone else from the RT stated on DWF a while back that we're only getting two Pertwees this year, which we know to be Frontier/PotD, so that leaves us with some educated guesses to make. For Davison, I think his remaining 6 stories will be split into three box sets (Kinda/Snakedance, King's Demons/Planet of Fire, Awakening/Frontios), one each over the remaining three years of the schedule; likewise I reckon the other, less commercially viable McCoys and Twin Dilemma (the last remaining Colin Baker) will be strung out through 2010-12...which leaves us with another Tom Baker story - but which one?

Well, The Masque of Mandragora has been muttered about for a while now, insofar as they're supposed to have been filming extras for it at Portmeirion, but we've already got another Season 14 story (Deadly Assassin) lined up for this year, *and* Image of the Fendahl, so my guess is it'll be a later one, from Season 17 or 18. Of those, Meglos *would* finish off another season, but I think it'll be one of the three latter completed stories from Season 17 - Creature from the Pit, Nightmare of Eden or Horns of Nimon.

My money would be on one of those three, but no idea which. Hope it's Nimon, as it’s marginally less crap than the other two…
Colin Hicks
Colin Hicks
Benign Dictator

Number of posts : 1308
Awards : 2009 DVD releases - my grand theory Creato10
Registration date : 2008-11-03

http://siskoid.com/whoccg

Back to top Go down

2009 DVD releases - my grand theory Empty Re: 2009 DVD releases - my grand theory

Post by The Co=Ordinator Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:12 am

Black Guardian will be 2009, as will Dalek War. Myths and Legends will be January 2010. All IMHO of course. Smile
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
Awards : 2009 DVD releases - my grand theory Person10
2009 DVD releases - my grand theory Richfl10

Back to top Go down

2009 DVD releases - my grand theory Empty Re: 2009 DVD releases - my grand theory

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:40 am

Looks like Dalek War has been pushed back - possible release will now be between Christmas and New Year: most bizarre!

Unless it has some relevance to the specials of course............ Razz
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Chaser Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:01 am

At Gallifrey One Steve Roberts told me which Peter Davison is being worked on at the moment. I cannot say which as I shan't break his confidence.

However, it was widely discussed at the Con that 'Enlightenment' is getting a "Special Treatment" to meet Peter Davison's Challenge.*

The rest I'll leave up to you to speculate as to what is coming out. I just know they must leave some big titles to come out in 5 years for DW's 50th Anniversary.

*PD's challenge was to take an existing classic serial and edit it into an exciting 45 minute story like the current series.
Horizon Chaser
Horizon Chaser
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by stanmore Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:37 am

I can't think of what's that big that isn't out or due out. Just The Seeds of Doom as the last regular finisher in top twenties and the like... Or perhaps they're going to leave Silver Nemises til last for its 25th anniversary...
stanmore
stanmore
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1669
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:13 pm

Horizon Chaser wrote:However, it was widely discussed at the Con that 'Enlightenment' is getting a "Special Treatment" to meet Peter Davison's Challenge.*

HC, no disrespect but the Wrinklies been known for a looooooooooong time. Basically no Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee John Wink
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down