Ben Chatham & the 11th Doctor in: "PLANET WAVES"

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Chatham & the 11th Doctor in: "PLANET WAVES"

Post by sparacus on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:53 pm

OK folks: here is the long-awaited new 11th Doctor story, also featuring Martha, Ben Chatham & Katie Ryan:

PLANET WAVES: Part One

The Doctor, Martha Jones , Ben Chatham & Katie Ryan are returning to earth in the TARDIS after a trip to Alzaneran 4. The Doctor had wanted to show Ben the legendary Museum of the Crystal Caves, the largest depositary of archaeological finds and techniques in the galaxy. As the TARDIS lands, Ben’s mind is still buzzing:
“That was simply fascinating Doctor. The lost civilisation of the Clanacs must have been amazing given the wealth of material there. And some of the technology used to date those things was phenomenal.”
The Doctor grins:
“I’m like pleased you were impressed like. Hows about we take another trip later to actually see the Clanac Empire.”
Martha interjects:
“I think a rest is in order from this archaeological business. Some of us have a limited interest in such matters.”
“Well you don’t have to come. You are clearly someone who has little sense of intellectual curiosity” Ben points out.
Martha scowls :
“That is a stupid thing to say. I simply have different interests to you. Why is it all men are overgrown fourteen year olds?”
Ben is irritated and does not reply.

The Doctor meanwhile is making a call on his mobile to a friend from Facebook:
“I was like ‘yeah’ and she was like ‘how come’ and I was like ‘yeah’ and she was like ‘no kidding’ and I was like ‘well mingin’ and she was like…….”
Suddenly the TARDIS shudders and everyone has a complete sense of confusion and displacement. Time seems to freeze and then accelerate then freeze again.
“Whaaaaaats happpennnnning?” Katie shouts
Quickly the time displacement stops and things return to normal, however the Doctor is frantic and leaps around, fiddling with the TARDIS controls.
“What is going on?” Ben asks. The Doctor frowns:
“That was a mega time displacement fissure. For a few moments the natural flow of time was completely thrown off balance. Someone or something is using primitive time travel equipment.”
Martha frowns:
“And is this dangerous?”
“Of course its like dangerous. Potentially it could indicate an atttempt to like change history in which case we get the mingin’ Reapers . Or a time rupture could occur .”
The Doctor slams his hand on his floppy-haired head:
“Ah interesting. The source of the energy lies somewhere near London. Hampton Court Palace in fact.”

Within minutes the TARDIS lands in the grounds of Hampton Court. Fortunately it is in the bushes so none of the tourists milling around notice it. Ben is intrigued:
“I love visiting this place. So much History and heritage is bound up here. Not many of the original tudor rooms remain however the Queen Anne & Georgian rooms are superb. Many people believe the original Palace was built by Henry VIII wheras it was actually a gift to him from Cardinal Wolsey.”
The Doctor is impressed:
“Excellent background info Ben. Lets try and find the source of that time displacement.”
They set off in search of the energy. The Doctor has a device in his hand which detects residual energy from time travel. They walk across the grounds, stopping to look at the Great Vine, the largest grape vine in the world. Entering the building, they purchase tickets and enter the main palace complex:
“£12 entrance fee? They must be damn well coining it in!” Katie complains.
They enter the tudor hall and the Doctor stops in his tracks.
“This is like weird. The readings say that the energy is like coming from below us.”
Suddenly everyone begins to gasp:
“Hey its GAS… choking….” Martha shouts.
They all fall to the floor fighting for breath……………..

…………………….. To be continued.
sparacus
The Emperor

Number of posts : 352
Awards :

Registration date : 2009-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ben Chatham & the 11th Doctor in: "PLANET WAVES"

Post by The Co=Ordinator on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:02 pm

Marvellous stuff Emperor. An all-new 11th Doctor story featuring Ben. How exciting!

You seem to have a clear opinion of Matt Smith's character. Doubtless the Moff will be guided by you. Wink

Sad to say, your research may be a little lacking though. Admission to Hampton Court is £14. Nontheless I won't hold such a glaring error against you. Very Happy

*pulls up chair and awaits next installment*

Number of posts : 11054
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by barnaby morbius on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:18 pm

cardinal wolsey, eh?

fascinating stuff.
barnaby morbius
What about moi computer?

Number of posts : 1609
Awards :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Barlow on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:02 pm

I find it interesting that the Eleventh Doctor appears to be one of the WW2 pilots from Armstrong & Miller.

Nick Barlow
Councillor Mod

Number of posts : 1213
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile http://www.nickbarlow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Webb on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:39 pm

I wanted to say that I particularly like how her proximity to Ben has caused Martha to sound much more high-tone and intellectual. It's clear now that her TV performance indicates a "diamond in the rough" character that a more rarified intellectual atmosphere works to polish.

Dave Webb
Mod in Occupancy

Number of posts : 1175
Awards :

View user profile http://unsatirical.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy McGough on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:03 am

Why don't we kill the rest of the characters off and make it a story all about Martha? We could call it 'The Magnificent Journey of Martha Jones'.

I like Martha...
Lucy McGough
Antediluvian

Number of posts : 3519
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-09

View user profile http://skeinofstars.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Webb on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:41 am

Lucy McGough wrote:Why don't we kill the rest of the characters off and make it a story all about Martha? We could call it 'The Magnificent Journey of Martha Jones'.

I like Martha...

There's always the possibility of having Ben and Martha exit the Tardis to continue their adventures together, which would definitely benefit both of them. Ben would be free of the shrieking harpy that is Katie Ryan, and Martha would get an education which, despite her medical training, she definitely needs.

Dave Webb
Mod in Occupancy

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy McGough on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:15 am

But Martha does have an education. She knows that there are fourteen lines in a sonnet.

*pouts petulantly*
Lucy McGough
Antediluvian

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Graymalkin on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:20 am

Lucy McGough wrote:But Martha does have an education. She knows that there are fourteen lines in a sonnet...

In fairness, when you've got an a**e like Martha's who cares about anything inconsequential like 'education'?

Wink

Last edited by Graymalkin on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Graymalkin
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 981
Awards : poster award
Registration date : 2008-11-06

View user profile http://twitter.com/uragraymalkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Graymalkin on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:21 am

ETA: If I had a pound for every time I'd pressed 'quote' instead of 'edit' I'd have... about £3.00...
Graymalkin
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 981
Awards : poster award
Registration date : 2008-11-06

View user profile http://twitter.com/uragraymalkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Webb on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:37 pm

Graymalkin wrote:
Lucy McGough wrote:But Martha does have an education. She knows that there are fourteen lines in a sonnet...

In fairness, when you've got an a**e like Martha's who cares about anything inconsequential like 'education'?

Wink

In double fairness, while an education might seem ephemeral compared to a Martha-esque rear, you can at least get a girl to display her education in public without risking a slap, or being arrested.

I know, I know, I'm the only Y chromosome-bearer here who thinks that's important..but we all have our kinks. Mine's book larnin'.

Dave Webb
Mod in Occupancy

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar on Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:53 pm

Graymalkin wrote:In fairness, when you've got an a**e like Martha's who cares about anything inconsequential like 'education'?

Wink
Zoe apparently. She managed both. Wink

Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy McGough on Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:32 pm

Martha is the most educated new series companion we've had so far. Admittedly Rose Tyler and Donna 'Ninety words per minute' Noble don't set the bar high, but still...
Lucy McGough
Antediluvian

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Webb on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:17 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:Martha is the most educated new series companion we've had so far. Admittedly Rose Tyler and Donna 'Ninety words per minute' Noble don't set the bar high, but still...

Donna did. Part Time Lord.

Plus, 90wpm is hard.

Dave Webb
Mod in Occupancy

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy McGough on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:55 pm

Being part Time Lord is cheating Razz
Lucy McGough
Antediluvian

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:19 pm

Dave Webb wrote:
Lucy McGough wrote:Martha is the most educated new series companion we've had so far. Admittedly Rose Tyler and Donna 'Ninety words per minute' Noble don't set the bar high, but still...

Donna did. Part Time Lord.

Plus, 90wpm is hard.
Behold the power of Supertemp... Donna

Zoltar
Caring Mod

Awards :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stanmore on Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:40 pm

Lucy McGough wrote:But Martha does have an education. She knows that there are fourteen lines in a sonnet.

*pouts petulantly*

Is there any proof that she was any good at English? Fancying Shakespeare doesn't count...
stanmore
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1669
Awards :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator on Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:11 am

Zoltar wrote:Behold the power of Supertemp

Indeed, Crime of the Century is a seminal album in whic........

Oops - I may have misread that.

Awards :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:36 pm

The Co=Ordinator wrote:
Zoltar wrote:Behold the power of Supertemp

Indeed, Crime of the Century is a seminal album in whic........

Oops - I may have misread that.
Misreading like that would doubtless earn you an "Oi, watch it, Cyberman!" Wink

Zoltar
Caring Mod

Awards :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sparacus on Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:30 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK here is the next part of this major 11th Doctor adventure folks:

“PLANET WAVES”: Part 2

Gas starts to fill the Great Hall at Hampton Court as the Doctor & Ben shout at everyone to get down as gas floats so it is safer at ground level. The Doctor then looks frantically around :
“Will everyone like just be quiet for a minute… SHUT UP” he yells.
As the noise dies down he senses the sound of the gas emanating from a grill at the side of a far wall, under a large tapestry. Quickly he scrambles on all fours to the grill, yanks down the tapestry and covers the hole. Meanwhile most of the tourists have managed to get out of the room and the Doctor & his companions scramble out.

A short while later the Doctor & Ben are examining an air vent outside the Palace building along with Sir Alistair Mount the head of the Hampton Court management team:
“It is clear that whoever is responsible for this hooked up some kind of device or pipe to this vent” Ben says, pointing out some deep marks on the wall and metal grill. The Doctor is listening to the Scissor Sisters on his Ipod & dancing around:
“.. ‘take your mama out all night..’….. oh er yes Ben I agree.”
Martha frowns:
“Switch that damn thing off and listen properly. This is serious Doctor”
“I say, what kind of chaps would want to do such a thing”, Mount interjects, “this is the third incident in a week. First there was the fire in the Queen Anne wing and then a beam fell off the roof of the chapel and hit two American tourists. One woman is still in hospital. There’s no alternative; I’m closing Hampton Court to the public until further notice.”
The Doctor frowns:
“I think that like answers the motive question. Someone wants this place closed like.”
“I suggest we hang around here after its closed and do so surreptitiously . Then we wait for whoever it is to make their move. It could be criminals after the priceless tapestries” Ben suggests.
“Excellent thinking Ben” the Doctor replies, “however I think that the motive at work here is like more threatening than just theft. Consider the interference in the flow of time we like experienced.”

The next day, the Doctor and the others, together with Mount, are hiding out in the kitchens waiting for something to happen. The rest of Hampton Court is closed and deserted apart from a couple of security guards at the gate. Katie Ryan is looking around rather anxiously:
“And how long exactly are we supposed to just wait here for?” she asks.
“As long as it takes” Ben tersely replies.
“Well I don’t like the atmosphere in here without the tourists and staff around. Its rather spooky.”
Ben frowns:
“Oh come on Katie. Do you think that the kitchens are haunted or something. Actually there is a gallery in the palace that is supposedly haunted by the ghost of Catherine Howard however that is no where near here.”
“Catherine Howard?”
Ben is astounded:
“Do you mean to tell me that you don’t know who she is? Henry VIII’s fifth wife? My God Katie you really are pig ignorant at times. She supposedly haunts the gallery where she was dragged away screaming from Henry after he decided to have her executed. You’ll be telling me next that you don’t know who Thomas Cromwell was.”
Katie is annoyed:
“Of course I’ve heard of ****ing Cromwell. He led the Roundheads against Charles I”.
“That was Oliver Cromwell ! For pity’s sake, I think even a mollusc knows that Thomas Cromwell was Henry VIII’s right hand man for most of the 1530s. Welcome to the world of the dim.”
Katie is angry:
“Oh **** off Ben.”
The Doctor intercedes:
“Can we like stop the squabbling. I like just heard something dudes.”
They all go quiet as a whirring noise is emanating from somewhere near.
“Well bless my soul, that is coming from the cellars” Mount exclaims.
The Doctor leaps up and grins:
“Well come on, lets Explore!”
He dances a little jig while singing Scissor Sisters lyrics before draping his arms around Mount:
“Show me the way Sir Alistair” he says grinning.

Mount leads the way down some stairs to the old Tudor cellars. It is dark, damp and empty. Something shuffles in the darkness and Mount shines his torch at…. A rat.
“I hope theres a damn purpose to this. This place is lousy with vermin” Martha exclaims. Suddenly the noise starts again and coloured lights start flashing. Moving into the next chamber of the cellars they are shocked to see a sophisticated wall of equipment and a raised platform structure. The Doctor frowns:
“It is as I like feared. This is a sub-interfacing time transporter. These should no longer exist. Someone or something is trying to break through from another time……………

……………….. To be continued.
sparacus
The Emperor

Number of posts : 352
Awards :

Registration date : 2009-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator on Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:23 am

sparacus wrote:OK here is the next part of this major 11th Doctor adventure folks:

spara, nothing of yours is ever less than Major...........

The next day, the Doctor and the others, together with Mount, are hiding out in the kitchens waiting for something to happen.

Such awesome use of prose there Emperor.

Suddenly the noise starts again and coloured lights start flashing.

The Doctor has clearly hooked his ipod into a mobile disco and is bopping around to "I Can't Decide".

……………….. To be continued.

Looking forward as ever. Razz

Awards :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspadistra on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:45 am

Why haven't I seen this thread before?

*squees herself silly*
Aspadistra
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1458
Awards :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy McGough on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:19 am

I await the consummation of the burgeoning love affair between the Doctor and Mount with considerable interest.
Lucy McGough
Antediluvian

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Webb on Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:30 pm

I'm mildly disconcerted that the Doctor has an iPod.

He'd never be an Apple fanboi. He's far too interested in taking things apart to make them work better. I submit that the Doctor would have a Creative device, which are far superior and not burdened by the need to install iTunes in the Tardis and therefore giving it a bad case of DRM.

Dave Webb
Mod in Occupancy

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar on Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:18 pm

I don't think the iPod can be considered canon. First of all, the sonic surely has an MP3 setting. Secondly, Apple appears to be in league with the enemy...

Zoltar
Caring Mod

Awards :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next