Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Doctors or Five Doctors first for second Doc?

3 posters

Go down

Two Doctors or Five Doctors first for second Doc? Empty Two Doctors or Five Doctors first for second Doc?

Post by Magister Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:21 am

Assuming 6b, what is your opinion of the order of these stories, from the perspective of the second Dcotor?

BTW, of the many reasons for 6b, most of them good, I personally find appearance the weakest idea. For one thing, if appearance is an issue then Richard Hurndall isn't identical to William Hartnell. For another, Jon looks significantly older.

So which 6b story is first, the Two Doctors or Five Doctors, and why?
Magister
Magister
Youngster

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Two Doctors or Five Doctors first for second Doc? Empty Re: Two Doctors or Five Doctors first for second Doc?

Post by Patrick Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:47 am

If memory serves, in an early scene in Two Doctors, the second Doctor mentioned they had dropped Victoria off to study graphology.

In the Five Doctors, the second Doctor and the Brig come across Zoe and Jaime, apparently trapped in some form of force-field until the Doctor works out that it isn't real. I believe the exact dialogue went something along the lines of "when the Time Lords returned to your respective times, they erased your memories of the time you spent with me."

Since Victoria was a companion before Zoe was, I'd say chronologically, the Two Doctors come before the Five Doctors in some sort of timey-whimey way.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : Two Doctors or Five Doctors first for second Doc? Person10

Two Doctors or Five Doctors first for second Doc? Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Two Doctors or Five Doctors first for second Doc? Empty Re: Two Doctors or Five Doctors first for second Doc?

Post by Sir Out There Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:32 pm

Some more timey wimey stuff, as when Zoe and Jaime were sent back, the doctor was swiftly exiled and regenerated. Hence the second Doctor shouldn't know...
Sir Out There
Sir Out There
Youngster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Magister Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:46 pm

Thanks for replies. I'm going with 'World Game' as setting itelf staright from the trial and leading into 'Two Doctors'.

It may also make sense that Barusa(?) in the Five Doctors knew where to snatch the second Doctor from because the Time Lords had previously taken him from this point to finish his regeneration.
Magister
Magister
Youngster

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down