Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tron Legacy

+2
Patrick
Sid Seadevil
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tron Legacy - Page 2 Empty Re: Tron Legacy

Post by Sid Seadevil Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:58 am

Please you found something to enjoy in it, Lee. (Apart from the lovely Olivia in rubber aspect, that is).

Yes. this trend towards the fantasy wanting to possess us/our world is puzzling. Perhaps it has something to do with our society's increasing blurring of the lines between "There" the fantasy world, and "Here", the real world - with the rise of virtual interaction and gaming?

Nice observation.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards : Tron Legacy - Page 2 Poster10
Tron Legacy - Page 2 Person10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Tron Legacy - Page 2 Empty Re: Tron Legacy

Post by Zoltar Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:07 am

Lee Carey wrote:I have to ask when it became prevalent for fantasy worlds to want to invade our reality? In my day it was enough just to fall down a rabbit hole/ get caught in a tornado/ slip into the wardrobe and just visit the world. It seems now our escapism is biting back at us.
I dunno, equal parts the fear of becoming trapped in a dream plus the fact that fantasy worlds/dreams/virtual realities are supposed to be safe, escapist fun. To be attacked by something that should be harmless can have a powerful effect. In a way, it's not that different from Doctor Who's penchant for making the normal everyday thing into the frightening or unusual I suppose.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Awards : Tron Legacy - Page 2 Person10
Tron Legacy - Page 2 Poster10
Tron Legacy - Page 2 Kindes10
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum