Derrick Sherwin: Man or Monster?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Derrick Sherwin: Man or Monster?

Post by stanmore on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:00 am

Was Derrick Sherwin the most important thing that ever happened to Doctor Who? Did he encourage Nick Courtney to keep the moustache? Is he as pretty in real life as he looks on the documentary of The Invasion? Please GIVE OPINIONS!
avatar
stanmore
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1669
Age : 32
Location : wishing you peace
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Derrick Sherwin: Man or Monster?

Post by Sid Seadevil on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:08 am

stanmore wrote:Was Derrick Sherwin the most important thing that ever happened to Doctor Who? Did he encourage Nick Courtney to keep the moustache? Is he as pretty in real life as he looks on the documentary of The Invasion? Please GIVE OPINIONS!
I was under the impression that he was, in fact, Nick Countney's moustache.
avatar
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Age : 58
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Derrick Sherwin: Man or Monster?

Post by stanmore on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:18 am

Boy that takes some quality balancing. Hats off to the man.
avatar
stanmore
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1669
Age : 32
Location : wishing you peace
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Derrick Sherwin: Man or Monster?

Post by Sid Seadevil on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:21 am

stanmore wrote:Boy that takes some quality balancing. Hats off to the man.
Well I do believe at the time it was a prerequisite for a DW producer to have a preternatural sense of balance.
avatar
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Age : 58
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Derrick Sherwin: Man or Monster?

Post by stanmore on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:24 am

John Wiles didn't have any sense of balance at all. You look at pictures from his time on the show, wobbling all over the place. No wonder Hartnell got annoyed.

Does that comment have to be in the John Wiles section of the board?
avatar
stanmore
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1669
Age : 32
Location : wishing you peace
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Derrick Sherwin: Man or Monster?

Post by Nick Barlow on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:30 am

stanmore wrote:John Wiles didn't have any sense of balance at all. You look at pictures from his time on the show, wobbling all over the place. No wonder Hartnell got annoyed.

Does that comment have to be in the John Wiles section of the board?
Probably, but just claim that it's fallen over and landed here as part of a tribute to his lack of balance.
avatar
Nick Barlow
Councillor Mod

Number of posts : 1213
Age : 45
Location : The oldest town in Britain
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile http://www.nickbarlow.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Derrick Sherwin: Man or Monster?

Post by Sid Seadevil on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:33 am

Nick Barlow wrote:
stanmore wrote:John Wiles didn't have any sense of balance at all. You look at pictures from his time on the show, wobbling all over the place. No wonder Hartnell got annoyed.

Does that comment have to be in the John Wiles section of the board?
Probably, but just claim that it's fallen over and landed here as part of a tribute to his lack of balance.
Excellent advice, Nick - It certainly makes my job of Modding these threads a whole lot easier.
avatar
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Age : 58
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Derrick Sherwin: Man or Monster?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum