Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strictly Come Dancing

+9
delgadofan
barnaby morbius
jonpandkatew
John Winterton
Frank
Kate
The Browncoat Cat
sheringham
Sid Seadevil
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Strictly Come Dancing Empty Strictly Come Dancing

Post by Sid Seadevil Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:24 am

Heather Small wuz robbed!

Seriously, if the show is to retain any credibility then the rules need a slight tweaking before the beginning of the next series to prevent a rerun of this ridiculous situation with John Sargent's continuing Harry Houdini act.

Last edited by Sid Seadevil on Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards : Strictly Come Dancing Poster10
Strictly Come Dancing Person10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Strictly Come Dancing Empty Re: Strictly Come Dancing

Post by sheringham Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:47 am

Heather was never going to win though. She should have gone out instead of don weeks ago.

I'm far more concerned about Rachel and Vincent. I thought their dance deserved the best mark on Saturday - and they got a pretty bloody good mark as it ws, 35, second highest of the competition so far - yet they ended up in the play=off. It's going to be Zoe Ball all over again. Sad
sheringham
sheringham
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 366
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-11-08

http://book-gasm.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:52 am

sheringham wrote:Heather was never going to win though. She should have gone out instead of don weeks ago.

I'm far more concerned about Rachel and Vincent. I thought their dance deserved the best mark on Saturday - and they got a pretty bloody good mark as it ws, 35, second highest of the competition so far - yet they ended up in the play=off. It's going to be Zoe Ball all over again. Sad
Agreed that Don should never have gone as early as he did. But this business with John definitely needs attending to. As for Rachel and Vincent - it looks as if the viewers just assumed that they were safe and simply didn't bother voting for them. I expect we'll be seeing a lot more of that now as the competition nears its final stages.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by sheringham Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:26 am

It will be interesting to see It Takes Two tonight.
sheringham
sheringham
Properly wrinkly

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:29 am

sheringham wrote:It will be interesting to see It Takes Two tonight.
Absolutely. I missed Craig on the Breakfast news, but I did catch them reading out lots of emails ranting at how disgraceful the John's staying in was - and how quite a few people are planning on not watching the remainder of the series due to it.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by sheringham Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:16 am

Watching It takes two on delay right now. John Sergeant is seriously pissing me off now. He just suggested that Craig should quit. Evil or Very Mad
sheringham
sheringham
Properly wrinkly

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:20 am

sheringham wrote:Watching It takes two on delay right now. John Sergeant is seriously pissing me off now. He just suggested that Craig should quit. Evil or Very Mad
Yep saw it myself. There's zero doubt now as far as I'm concerned that John's manipulating the audience - and possibly has been doing so from the almost the outset.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:22 pm

Sid Seadevil wrote:
sheringham wrote:Watching It takes two on delay right now. John Sergeant is seriously pissing me off now. He just suggested that Craig should quit. Evil or Very Mad
Yep saw it myself. There's zero doubt now as far as I'm concerned that John's manipulating the audience - and possibly has been doing so from the almost the outset.
It is not really surprising that a Political Correspondent is playing politics so well. Although I think that he realises the monster he has created, and is deliberately trying to sabotage his public support. Not that he needs to, as like Kenny Logan last year, I suspect he has a fixed number of people who vote for him because of his entertainment value. So whilst the maximum number of phone votes he can receive stay the same, the maximum number of phone votes his competitors gets is increasing, as there are less people for the public to vote for. There will come a point, probably next week when his fixed maximum number of votes will be lower than anyone else total vote and he will be out.
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1148
Awards :

http://browncoatcat.gardd-lelog.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:29 pm

It's just so frustrating that people are so stupid....
Kate
Antipodean Eye of Sauron

Number of posts : 858
Awards : Strictly Come Dancing Person10
Strictly Come Dancing Creato10

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:15 am

Kate Seadevil wrote:It's just so frustrating that people are so stupid....

Isn't it just.

Poor Heather. She was robbed by that soft touch Sergeant. Couldn't believe that Rachel and Vincent (we always say 'brackets 'not gay' close brackets' every time his name is mentioned in our house) were forced into the dance off when they did a bloody amazing job. I do hope John gets booted off next week as I'm now very tired of his schtick. Time the serious dancing began!

God you are hooked if you're watching It Takes Two as well. I bow to your serious Strictliness!
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2008-11-03

http://www.cathoderaytube.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sheringham Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:50 am

Frank wrote:
Kate Seadevil wrote:It's just so frustrating that people are so stupid....

Isn't it just.

Poor Heather. She was robbed by that soft touch Sergeant. Couldn't believe that Rachel and Vincent (we always say 'brackets 'not gay' close brackets' every time his name is mentioned in our house) were forced into the dance off when they did a bloody amazing job. I do hope John gets booted off next week as I'm now very tired of his schtick. Time the serious dancing began!

God you are hooked if you're watching It Takes Two as well. I bow to your serious Strictliness!
Doesn't everyone watch ITT? In many ways ITT is the best bit. Claudia is utter wonderfulness, and CRH is such a star. We have it set up on the PVR thingy so that even when I'm away or out I never have to miss it.

I just downloaded the Strictly...album from itunes. affraid It looks amazingly brilliant.

I can recommend Craig's book to anyone who enjoys a good laugh, too.........

Yep. I am obsessed by Strictly. It really is the highlight of our lives when DW isn't on. It's practically the only thing outside of the Who franchise and DS9 that the whole family agrees on.
sheringham
sheringham
Properly wrinkly

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:53 am

I heart Claudia. I seriously heart Claudia...
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by sheringham Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:31 am

The strictly album's version of Hot hot hot! (used for Ramps's salsa) incorporates a bit of Soul Limbo!!!!! How classy is that?!?!?! Very Happy

this is my favourite album in the whole world EVER.

The track listing is:

1. theme tune
2. hot hot hot
3. let's get loud (which we dance to in body jam so it's wierd hearing it here)
4.ran kan kan (see comment above)
5. these boots are made for walking
6. shake a tail feather (again see comment above)
7. Sing sing sing
8. I got rythm
9 night and day
10. jealousy
11. That's amore
12. A time for us
13. the blower's daughter
14. a los amigos
15. california dreaming
16. lost
17. somebody told me
18. smiley faces
19 vehicle (we dance to that too but that's cos I special requested it as a result of hearing i when Matt and Flavia did the salsa last year)

A shame they didn't use the music from Ramps and Karen's argentinian tango. Sad but apart from that - very good indeed. Very Happy
sheringham
sheringham
Properly wrinkly

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:40 am

sheringham wrote:The track listing is:

1. theme tune
Is this a full piece of music in addition to the thirty seconds or so at the start of Strictly and ITT, or is that all we get?
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:45 am

Doesn't everyone watch ITT? In many ways ITT is the best bit. Claudia is utter wonderfulness, and CRH is such a star.
I love ITT, and I think that Claudia should replace Jonathan Ross as the host of the BBC Friday Night Chat Show. I love Len's Masterclass on the Thursday night show, as Claudia is a bad at ballroom dancing as I am. Len must have the patience of a saint.
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:48 am

Frank wrote:Couldn't believe that Rachel and Vincent (we always say 'brackets 'not gay' close brackets' every time his name is mentioned in our house) were forced into the dance off when they did a bloody amazing job.
This week's dance off was just plain weird. I have no idea why Rachel and Vincent were in the bottom two.
As for Vincent, my family just cannot believe he is really Italian. Next to Bruno he seems so fake, and that lisp is just over-egging the pudding. My brother-in-law reccons that he is really Vince Simmonds, a car mechanic from Ilford. Twisted Evil
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:31 am

The Browncoat Cat wrote:
Frank wrote:Couldn't believe that Rachel and Vincent (we always say 'brackets 'not gay' close brackets' every time his name is mentioned in our house) were forced into the dance off when they did a bloody amazing job.
This week's dance off was just plain weird. I have no idea why Rachel and Vincent were in the bottom two.
As for Vincent, my family just cannot believe he is really Italian. Next to Bruno he seems so fake, and that lisp is just over-egging the pudding. My brother-in-law reccons that he is really Vince Simmonds, a car mechanic from Ilford. Twisted Evil

He's always shouting about how he's irresistible to women and HE'S NOT GAY!!! No, sireee. I'm sorry but my Gaydar did a Wotan and blew a fuse when it registered his presence. Good dancer though, I'll give him that. Wouldn't trust him with a spanner, though.

I love Bruno to bits. He's so over the top. And that leg thing he did last week made my eyes water. What a supple man!
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:55 am

For all the Strictly Come Dancing fans here, may I recommend this web site.
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:59 am

Thanks Cat - Kate will enjoy that very much.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by sheringham Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:14 am

I love Ian. That raised eyebrow was a classic!
sheringham
sheringham
Properly wrinkly

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by sheringham Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:15 am

Teddy!!!!! And Gary! Sitting together! Very Happy
sheringham
sheringham
Properly wrinkly

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by John Winterton Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:29 am

I may be indulging in overanalysis (though after all, isn't that what these fora are all about? Laughing ) but I was a tad suspicious of how (relatively) nice to John the judges were last night. Granted, his performance was a bit improved, and the style of dance suited him rather better; but I did wonder whether the judges thought that their grumpiness vis-a-vis John wasn't going down too well with the wider audience, and was in danger of making them look like a bunch of sour old purists.

I do think that the judges' previous attitude towards John was unfair. If you want a "pure" contest of dancing excellence, then (a) don't throw it open to a public vote, and (b) don't invite the participation of ageing, equatorially-challenged celebrities whom one knows full well won't be able to match their younger, fitter counterparts in many respects. The judges can't have it both ways - either they accept that they're involved in a peak-time entertainment show, or they should press for changes that would probably cause ratings to drop.

Anyway, rant over - but I do hope that John gets through again! Smile

John
John Winterton
John Winterton
Youngster

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:13 am

John Winterton wrote:I may be indulging in overanalysis (though after all, isn't that what these fora are all about? Laughing ) but I was a tad suspicious of how (relatively) nice to John the judges were last night. Granted, his performance was a bit improved, and the style of dance suited him rather better; but I did wonder whether the judges thought that their grumpiness vis-a-vis John wasn't going down too well with the wider audience, and was in danger of making them look like a bunch of sour old purists.

I do think that the judges' previous attitude towards John was unfair. If you want a "pure" contest of dancing excellence, then (a) don't throw it open to a public vote, and (b) don't invite the participation of ageing, equatorially-challenged celebrities whom one knows full well won't be able to match their younger, fitter counterparts in many respects. The judges can't have it both ways - either they accept that they're involved in a peak-time entertainment show, or they should press for changes that would probably cause ratings to drop.

Anyway, rant over - but I do hope that John gets through again! Smile

John

Exactly, they can't have their cake and eat it. For me, entertainment value that he is, John is at the bottom of the leader board simply because he isn't as good as the others and he's only survived because the public have been endeared by his antics. I reckon he'll be in the dance off tonight. Very Happy
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by John Winterton Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:24 am

Frank wrote:Exactly, they can't have their cake and eat it. For me, entertainment value that he is, John is at the bottom of the leader board simply because he isn't as good as the others and he's only survived because the public have been endeared by his antics. I reckon he'll be in the dance off tonight. Very Happy

Very possibly, though I read in one of yesterday's papers that there's a huge groundswell of support for him among young people - with students organising "Keep John in" campaigns - that may yet help to see him through. Time will, as they say, tell ...

At least John looks like he's enjoying himself, compared to (eg) Andrew Castle, whose facial expressions used to be suggestive of the agonies of trapped wind. And I wasn't too pleased to read an attack on John by Mark Foster, whose impressive pecs scarcely atoned for his rather gawky and awkward-looking performances ... No

John

Last edited by John Winterton on Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Winterton
John Winterton
Youngster

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:21 am

John Winterton wrote:
Frank wrote:Exactly, they can't have their cake and eat it. For me, entertainment value that he is, John is at the bottom of the leader board simply because he isn't as good as the others and he's only survived because the public have been endeared by his antics. I reckon he'll be in the dance off tonight. Very Happy

Very possibly, though I read in one of yesterday's papers that there's a huge groundswell of support for him among young people - with students organising "Keep John in" campaigns - that may yet help to see him through. Time will, as they say, tell ...

At least John looks like he's enjoying himself, compared to (eg) Andrew Castle, whose facial expressions used to be suggestive of the agonies of trapped wind. And I wasn't too pleased to read an attack on John by Mark Foster, whose impressive pecs scarcely attoned for his rather gawky and awkward-looking performances ... No

John

A shame former contestants are having a go at John. I don't care how lovely Mark's pecs are - he was a bloomin' rotten dancer. Hae to say that the men aren't quite as delicious as they were last year. Tom Ellis is quite nice and Austin has magnificent arms but they're no Matt Di Angelo or Gethin Jones!
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content