Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ben Chatham in: "THE OPERATION DELTA INTERVIEWS"

4 posters

Go down

Ben Chatham in: "THE OPERATION DELTA INTERVIEWS" Empty Ben Chatham in: "THE OPERATION DELTA INTERVIEWS"

Post by sparacus Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:38 am

OK folks, here is part one:

"THE OPERATION DELTA INTERVIEWS": Part 1

Ben is sitting in the lounge area of Operation Delta's London HQ sipping a glass of Chardonnay and jotting down some notes on his exclusive high-quality paper notepad. He flicks his luscious golden hair out of his eyes as Katie and Kyle enter the room. Corinne Shaw and Paul Faraday follow closely behind, Corinne clutching a file in her hand. Ben looks up:
"Ok, have any of them arrived yet?" Ben asks. Corinne pours herself a glass of wine:
"Four so far. We've based them in the reception lounge. The receptionist Lisa Clark is sorting them out with refreshments and we'll just get her to send each one up in turn" she replies.
"So how exactly do you want to play this Ben?" Paul asks. Ben sighs:
"I've already articulated this to you. Myself, Katie and Kyle will form the core interview panel while you and Corinne chip in with one or two questions when appropriate. Corinne will pass to the core panel each application form for perusal as each candidate enters".
"I still don't fully get this approach Ben. Why haven't you read the forms yourself? Why get me and Corinne to filter out the best candidates?" Paul asks. Ben sips his wine:
"Do you not understand the importance of spontaneity and objectivity in interviewing? I want each candidate to impress me in the interview. I desired to be free of any preconceptions about them before they walk in. This is a 21st century organisation Paul. I want them to dazzle me with their performance. The successful candidate must be extremely articulate, capable, charismatic, dedicated and exceptionally well qualified." Katie Ryan chips in:
"That is why Ben has put so much effort into advertising this post. Contacting UNIT, writing to all personel past and present of that organisation, advertising in the Daily Telegraph and within the security services as well as contacting all the Russell Group universities."

Corinne looks up:
"You never did fully explain to us why you wrote to Anselm dismissing him from the organisation" she states. Ben looks at her angrily, tears welling up:
"He has done nothing for this organisation for months. Why the hell should he still belong to it? He betrayed me personally and since then has shirked everything."
"He stated on the phone to me that he had fully informed you of his need for a period of time off due to emotional stress" Corinne replies.
"I was the one under emotional stress not him. I have no desire to furnish you with any more comment on this" Ben states, knocking back another glass of wine, "Anyway, let us go into the office and commence the process."

............... to be continued.
sparacus
sparacus
The Emperor

Number of posts : 356
Awards : Ben Chatham in: "THE OPERATION DELTA INTERVIEWS" Lionhe10

Ben Chatham in: "THE OPERATION DELTA INTERVIEWS" Poster10
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Ben Chatham in: "THE OPERATION DELTA INTERVIEWS" Empty Re: Ben Chatham in: "THE OPERATION DELTA INTERVIEWS"

Post by The Co=Ordinator Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:40 am

Wow, your creative juices overflow at the moment Emperor. Smile
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
Awards : Ben Chatham in: "THE OPERATION DELTA INTERVIEWS" Person10
Ben Chatham in: "THE OPERATION DELTA INTERVIEWS" Richfl10

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Ben Chatham in: "THE OPERATION DELTA INTERVIEWS" Empty Re: Ben Chatham in: "THE OPERATION DELTA INTERVIEWS"

Post by sparacus Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:41 am

OK folks, hot on the heels here is part 2:

"THE OPERATION DELTA INTERVIEWS": Part 2

Ben and the team enter the main office which is modernist in conception with a clear glass topped desk and stylish metal seating. Ben sits in the central chair with Kyle and Katie nearest to him. Corinne takes the application forms out of her file and lays them out before her.
"Ok, let us commence. Who is the first candidate?" Ben asks. Corinne passes a form to him:
"A young guy called Adam. Fresh out of university." She takes out her expensive mobile phone and rings down to reception asking for Adam to be sent up.

Candidate 1: ADAM WOOTEN

After a short wait there is a knock on the door.
"Enter!" Ben shouts. The door opens and a dark haired young man comes in, slim and attractive. He sits down.
"Say a few words to introduce yourself" Katie states.
"Er hi. My name is Adam Wooten and I'm a 21 year old History graduate from Warwick University. I'm very interested in pursuing a career in national security and saw your ad in the university careers centre."
Ben gazes at him:
"You're a very attractive guy Adam. Please say a little about why we should employ a History graduate."
"I have a range of skills such as analysing and processing information to form clear analytical lines of argument. I can cope with large amounts of data and use them to reach clear conclusions". Kyle leans forward:
"Yeah but how do you think you can benefit our organisation like?" he asks. Ben intervenes:
"He's already explained that Kyle. He can clearly undertake all the administration work. His degree has prepared him for that, something which you yourself lack. *To Adam* so Adam; how do you see Operation Delta developing as an organisation in the future?" Adam pauses for a moment:
"I'm not sure really. Maybe taking on more overseas work". Katie frowns:
"That is outside the remit of the organisation, as you would clearly know if you had prepared for this interview properly. I'd like to ask whether or not you have any experience in investigative work".
"I have done a bit of investigative journalism for my university's student newspaper" Adam replies.
"Oh perlease! As if that counts. You are clearly completely inexperienced!" Katie snaps. Ben turns to her:
"You are not being fair to Adam . He has just cited some relevent experience and you tersely dismiss it." Adam gazes into Ben's dark eyes:
"Thanks for defending me there. I assure you that I will work really hard to find my feet in this job." Ben smiles at him:
"I think we'll stop there. You are clearly an extremely able candidate Adam. We have a few others to see however we'll let you know soon."

Adam thanks the panel and leaves. Ben throws his pen onto the table and grins:
"Well thats it. He's the one. Excellent candidate." Kyle is bemused:
"Look, we ain't seen the others yet. And we 'adn't really finished there".
"I had things I wanted to ask" Corinne chips in. Ben shakes his head:
"Look, I am the team leader and I decide when the interview is over. You were pressurising him too much. I suppose we'd better see the others though. Who's next?"

................ to be continued.
sparacus
sparacus
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by sparacus Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:43 am

OK, here is part three of this interactive story:

"THE OPERATION DELTA INTERVIEWS": Part 3

Corinne hands the next form to Ben:
"This one is interesting. His name is Keith and he's worked for UNIT in the past." Ben peruses the form as there is a knock on the door:

Candidate 2: KEITH SMITH

"Enter!" Ben shouts and a slightly overweight man with a receeding hairline enters, dressed in brown cords, a check shirt and a brown jacket. He sits down.
"Well? Introduce yourself" Ben states.
"Er hello. I'm Keith Smith. I'm an amateur UFOlogist and I've built up an extensive knowledge of UFO sightings and related incidents in......"
"How old are you?" Katie interrupts.
"Oh, er 45".
"What exactly do you think you could contribute to Operation Delta?" Ben asks.
"Er well, since your organisation investigates alien phenomena I could contribute my knowledge and experience. UNIT have consulted me on occasions when they've needed to identify alien craft that have been witnessed or equipment found. I've done a fair bit of work for them, indeed they have provided one of my references."
"So in other words, you're a prize geek obsessed with UFO stories who occasionally does a smidgen of consultative work for UNIT" Katie adds. Keith looks bemused:
"I wouldn't put it like that, I....."
"Lets move this on a little. What do you consider to be the most serious current alien threat to earth?" Ben asks.
"Now I thought you might ask that. I have all the evidence here. *roots in leather case and pulls out a wad of photographs and typed notes*. Its the Silver Shadows as we call them in UFO circles. They move incredibly fast however a few images have been captured of them. They are entirely silver except for two dark slits for eyes." Ben looks at the photographs:
"This is ridiculous. Those photographs could be of anything. You strike me as an eccentric who would believe anything." Ben sits back in his chair:
"Someone else ask him something". Paul Faraday looks up:
"Could you explain to us how your knowledge has assisted UNIT in any one particular case".
"Er yes. Last year they were investigating a series of sightings of craft over the north sea by scottish fishermen. I was able to provide UNIT with photos of craft matching that description and they identified them as Rutan scout ships."
"So all you do is provide photos from some kind of geeky archive? Mediocre!" Katie responds. Keith is annoyed:
"Look Miss, you arn't giving me a fair chance here".
"Would you like be willing to hand your archive over to us or at least give us access to it if you gets the job?" Kyle asks.
"I'm not handing it over. But anyone can come and look through it".
"OK thats enough. We've others to see. We'll let you know shortly" Ben states. Keith gets up and shakes everyone's hand before leaving. Ben sighs:
"Didn't like him. His attitude regarding the archive was unreasonable and that business at the end, shaking all our hands, was a bit annoying. Next candidate........"

.............. to be continued.
sparacus
sparacus
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:23 am

Interactive? Question
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by sparacus Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:32 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Interactive? Question

When the story is finished there will be a poll and people can vote for which applicant should get the job.
sparacus
sparacus
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Aaaah, I see. You're full of surprises spara. Smile
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by barnaby morbius Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:47 pm

don't like that adam much. keith is promising though, but i'll reserve my vote until later.
barnaby morbius
barnaby morbius
What about moi computer?

Number of posts : 1609
Ben Chatham in: "THE OPERATION DELTA INTERVIEWS" Lionhe10

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnstone McGuckian Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:04 pm

If you PM Sparacus with answers to the following questions, you yourself could be up for interview! This is possibly the best bit of interactivity the forums have ever seen.

Questions (as posted by Sparacus on GB)

1) What skills do you have relevent to Operation Delta?

2) Why do you want the job?

3) What are your main interests & hobbies?

4) What is your age?

5) What music do you like?

6) What is your ethniciy/religion/gender?

7) What would you do to develop Operation Delta as an organisation?
Johnstone McGuckian
Johnstone McGuckian
Youngster Mod

Number of posts : 1722
Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:13 pm

SPOILER ALERT.

This is truly awesome. 10/10. Very Happy
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down