Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.E.D.

2 posters

Go down

R.E.D. Empty R.E.D.

Post by Patrick Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:01 am

So, yesterday, I went to see The Expendables. Nice, fun little action flick that harkens back to those 80s movies where you can check your higher brain functions at the door, enjoy some impossible car chases, impossible fight scenes, and utterly impossible giant explosions. And at the end of the movie, you get the nice sounding thud as the bad guy's dead body hits the floor.

But as is the case with movies these days, before it even began, you got nearly ten minutes of trailers for upcoming releases. One of these caught my eye. Well, two, but "TRON Legacy" looks a bit like a disappointment nearly 30 years after the original. The other upcoming movie is called "R.E.D.", and it's billing itself as an action comedy that looks promising. R.E.D. stands for "Retired, Extremely Dangerous." It stars Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich and Helen Mirren as retired assassins who've now been targeted by someone at the CIA for termination, themselves. I mean, c'mon, Helen Mirren as a retired assassin? Genius, I say.

Release date is mid-October. If you click the link I posted above, you can view the trailer for yourself.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : R.E.D. Person10

R.E.D. Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

R.E.D. Empty Re: R.E.D.

Post by Sid Seadevil Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:23 pm

Great big brash and loud popcorn action movie that ticked all the right boxes for those of us wanting a little undemanding escapism. The stand out in a uniformly great cast being the ever reliable John Malkovich.

And for God's sake. How the devil does the wondrous Helen Mirren manage to become more sexy with every advancing year?
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards : R.E.D. Poster10
R.E.D. Person10

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:54 pm

I agree, Sid. John Malkovich stole the show on this movie. What a treat this movie was. I mean, Morgan Freeman getting slap Richard Dreyfuss (hard!) and say "Sure we can touch you." Malkovich's over the top paranoia played to great comedic effect. And a gun-toting Helen Mirren, wanting to have "a girl chat" with Bruce Willis' love interest?

This movie goes on my "I have to get this on DVD" list.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : R.E.D. Person10

R.E.D. Poster10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:38 am

Agreed. I for one would whole-heartedly welcome a sequel with open arms.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards : R.E.D. Poster10
R.E.D. Person10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content