Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

$#!* My Dad Says (The Next Shatner Hit)

3 posters

Go down

$#!* My Dad Says (The Next Shatner Hit) Empty $#!* My Dad Says (The Next Shatner Hit)

Post by Patrick Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:07 pm

It's shocking that no thread has yet been started to discuss this comedy series. From the initial episode, the completely unpredictable utterances to come out of The Shat's mouth have made this series worth tuning in for each and every week. And apparently, I'm not the only one watching, as the show has won a Golden Globe.

But tonight... William Shatner vs. Lee Majors, in a fight, wearing furry animal costumes.

I'm not sure if I've just come to the realization my childhood is definately over, or it's just been raped. But that was one excellent half hour.

Time to discuss the bleep my dad says...
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : $#!* My Dad Says (The Next Shatner Hit) Person10

$#!* My Dad Says (The Next Shatner Hit) Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

$#!* My Dad Says (The Next Shatner Hit) Empty Re: $#!* My Dad Says (The Next Shatner Hit)

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:17 am

I really keep meaning to catch up with this show. But now that I know that there's a Shatner vs Majors episode I'll definitely get on the case!
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards : $#!* My Dad Says (The Next Shatner Hit) Poster10
$#!* My Dad Says (The Next Shatner Hit) Person10

Back to top Go down

$#!* My Dad Says (The Next Shatner Hit) Empty Re: $#!* My Dad Says (The Next Shatner Hit)

Post by Rich Flair Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:27 am

Well, I was a big fan of the Twitter feed, but thought the first episode was a bit poor. Perhaps I should give it another shot?
Rich Flair
Rich Flair
Master Deviant

Number of posts : 1656
$#!* My Dad Says (The Next Shatner Hit) Richfl10

Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:33 am

I've just finished watching the latest episode, my first. Shatner, Jean Smart and Lee Majors were as amusing as expected; but I wasn't bowled over by the rest of the cast or a lot of the humour, which struck me as very traditional sitcom fare. Perhaps I need to watch a few more.

This week's was definitely worth it for the Captain Kirk/Six Million Dollar Man punch up.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:25 am

Rich Flair wrote:Well, I was a big fan of the Twitter feed, but thought the first episode was a bit poor. Perhaps I should give it another shot?

Well, let's remember, this is a half hour sit-com, so you have to meet it on those terms. For me, the bizarre things Shatner says just leave me in stitches, but I can certainly see that not everyone is going to appreciate that.

It should be mentioned that starting last fall, with the new TV schedule, $#!@ My Dad Says airs immediately following The Big Bang Theory, and just before CSI, so it's guaranteed a pretty regular audience.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : $#!* My Dad Says (The Next Shatner Hit) Person10

$#!* My Dad Says (The Next Shatner Hit) Poster10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:17 am

Yep, that's certainly a nice spot it's landed itself in. This week's Big Bang Theory had me in stitches. Love, love that show.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum