Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C=O presents "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"

+5
stanmore
Aspadistra
lucy_who
Nick Barlow
The Co=Ordinator
9 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

C=O presents "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" - Page 2 Empty Re: C=O presents "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"

Post by Patrick Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:33 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:
The Co=Ordinator wrote:Hotchit – A handyman and complete buffoon.

Typecasting really. Razz

Hmm. So, what I'm sensing here is that if something needs repair at Chateau Patrick, Hotchit (which I'm guessing is pronounced "hot sh!t") is probably not the first person I should try to call.
Laughing
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : C=O presents "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" - Page 2 Person10

C=O presents "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" - Page 2 Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

C=O presents "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" - Page 2 Empty Re: C=O presents "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"

Post by The Co=Ordinator Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:27 am

Time will tell my dear chap! Anyway, dim those house lights, it's time to start...........

ACT ONE

Scene One

The overture, The Legend of the Glass Mountain, plays. Tabs out to reveal the Palace. Stage left there are two thrones, whilst centre stage there is also a small table with a vase containing some dead flowers. Stage rear Candy Pink and Jason Orange, younger cousins of Snow White, are talking. Candy is carrying a bouquet of fresh flowers that she carefully arranges. Then, noticing the audience, they move front of stage.

Candy: Oh, hello everyone, I’m so sorry we didn’t notice you there. Please forgive us (To Jason). Say hello Jason.

Jason: Hello Jason.

Candy: Oh dear, it’s going to be one of those shows, isn’t it!

Jason: (Mischievously) Sure is!

Candy: Oh well – forewarned is forearmed! Anyway, as I was about to say, I do so love flowers, and thought it might cheer the place up a little if I arranged some. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Lady Candy Pink, cousin and confidante to Princess Snow White. And this (pointing to Jason) is my troublesome brother, Jason Orange.

Jason: (Bows to audience). Evenin’ all! (To Candy) Aren’t you going to get on with the gubbins then Sis?

Candy: Yes, if you’ll let me. (Changes flowers, handing the dead ones to Jason) Take that Jason. (He takes the dead flowers and exits stage right). Poor Snow White, life has never been the same since her father, King Copernicus Forethought, made the terrible mistake of marrying a most dreadful woman. She calls herself Queen Melissa, and has bullied the King so much that he is not half the man he used to be. Nowadays he spends most of his time looking through a telescope at the stars.

A voice calls from off stage – it is Snow White.

Snow White: Candy, Candy!

Snow White runs on from stage left carrying more freshly picked flowers. Candy and Snow White hug briefly.

Candy: Where have you been Snow White? I was getting worried.

Snow White:Oh Candy, I found a wonderful clearing not far from the Palace with lots of beautiful flowers. Here are some that I picked!

Candy: Well you’d better put them in the vase hadn’t you!

Snow White goes and arranges the flowers.

Snow White: Where’s Jason?

Candy: Oh, he’s just taking out some recycling. It’s collection day, don’t you know.

Snow White: Oh yes, sorry I forgot! (Jason re-enters stage right)

Candy: Blimey, that was quick.

Jason: No flies on me (Visual/audio gag. Then turns to audience) Boys and girls, this is Princess Snow White. Say hello Snow White.

Snow White: Hello everyone. Oh I’m so excited, when I came back from picking the flowers I saw Papa and he told me that last night he discovered a new star in the night sky and that he is going to name it after me – isn’t that wonderful? (Get audience to react)

Jason: The last time he said that he ended up naming it after your Stepmother. Fancy calling a star Rotten Old Trout!

Snow White: Oh, poor Papa, he is such a dreamer nowadays. Chancellor Norrington says that he has never really been the same since Mama died. It is different for me, after all I was only a baby and never knew her. When he married my Stepmother three years ago, I was so happy. I thought that I would have a mother to love and who would care for me in return. Instead she wants no part of me, indeed I feel she would prefer it if I had never existed.

Candy: Her loss, cousin, her loss. It would be much better is she wasn’t here.

Snow White: You know Candy, each night I dream of meeting a handsome Prince who will marry me and make life better again.

Jason: Woa, hold on there Snowy. You’re in danger of moving into Fairy Tale territory there!

Candy: (Elbows Jason) But at the moment in the absence of this magical Prince, your father really needs someone to make him see sense. If only he would listen to Chancellor Norrington a little more.

Music greets the entrance, stage right, of the haughty Chancellor Norrington together with Dame Serena, Lady Venus and Servants.

Chancellor: (Noticing Snow White, Jason and Candy) Aah, Princess, my Lord and Lady. By Vectron, I trust that I find you all well. May I please introduce our recently arrived guests, Dame Sarena and Lady Venus. They have travelled all the way from the ancient land of Wimbledonia.

Candy: My. That’s a long journey. How did you get here?

Jason: Undergound, overground…………

Snow White: Delighted to meet you both (Pleasantries are exchanged) Anyway, this is all well and good Chancellor Norrington – but do you have news of Papa?

Chancellor: He is as well as can be expected in the circumstances.

Serena: You can say that again!

Chancellor: He is as well as can be expected in the circumstances.

Venus: Not literally!

Chancellor: My apologies.

Snow White: Honestly, they are not needed! (Motions Chancellor over to one side). But what we could do with is you using some of your influence on Papa.

Jason: (Interjecting) He needs to take notice of what that woman is getting up to.

Chancellor: Believe me, as much as I try he does not listen to my treaties. Aah, would for the days before Melissa Forethought arrived on the scene.

A servant enters stage right, rushes up to Dame Serena and whispers in her ear, before joining the other servants.

Serena: The King and Queen approach for their weekly audience.

Venus: I’m looking forward to this.

Chancellor: Right. (Claps hands together) Attention everyone. Their Majesties will shortly be with us. For their pleasure, following their arrival let us perform the song and dance that we have been preparing as a Royal surprise.

Jason: (To audience) Preparing? I didn’t notice that in rehearsals!

Accompanied by Guards, King Copernicus (carrying his telescope) and Queen Melissa enter from the rear of the auditorium. As they reach the stage, the King offers his hand to the Queen but, having climbed up, she pushes it away. They parade around the stage, (all bowing to them), the Queen scowling and the King not quite all there. Finally they take their positions on the thrones. A servant moves the table and vase stage right.

Chancellor: Your Majesties, Your Highness, My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen. (Cue Music) By Vectron’s Musical Director, pray silence for a special surprise from the ‘Palace Performers’.

SONG – DON’T STOP (FLEETWOOD MAC)

The King has been enthused by the song and dance, and after the audience applause has finished he shows his approval.

King: (Standing up) Bravo, Bravo, that was most excellent, thank you and well done everyone. (He turns to see the Queen, sitting beside him, staring disapprovingly at him). Did you not find that wonderful my dear?

Queen: It was complete and utter rubbish. A bunch of trained chimpanzees could have done better.

King: (Becoming much more sheepish) Oh yes my dear, sorry my dear, it wasn’t very good was it, my dear? (Picks up his telescope and starts gently caressing it as though it was some kind of comforter).

Queen: I’m not going to waste any more of my valuable time here with this rabble. If you wish to talk to me, I shall be in my boudoir. (She storms out stage right, gesticulating at the audience en-route, and pushing a child).

King: (After the Queen has exited) Goodbye, my dear, see you later my dear (Slumps dejectedly into his throne).

Snow White is deeply saddened to see her father in such a state and runs towards him.

Snow White: Papa, oh Papa.

The King ignores her, instead staring blankly into space.

Snow White: Chancellor, would you please go and talk to my father.

The Chancellor moves to the King, bows and has a quiet ‘chat’. In the foreground Snow White, Candy and Jason talk.

Jason: Oh that woman. She deliberately causes trouble, and isn’t interested in anyone other than herself.

Snow White: I just wish that Papa would stand up to her more.

Chancellor: (Moving forward) Princess, your Father says he is tired, and will retire to his chamber until later.

A disconsolate looking King, together with the Guards, exits stage right.

Candy: Come on Snow White, we must try and talk to your father.

Jason: Yeah, there has to be something we can do to make him stand up to your Stepmother.

Snow White: I really hope so. (They exit stage left).

Serena: My Lord, I hate to see the King like this. Years ago when he stayed with us in Wimbledonia, he was such a vivacious soul.

Chancellor: Indeed he was. I still remember when this Palace was full of joy and happiness. Those were the days before Dr. Kauffman went to Stuttgart. But you know what, by Vectron’s mighty claw I’m certain such times will return. Don’t ask me why, just you mark my word, out of this unhappiness some good will come.

Venus: I sincerely hope you’re right.

Chancellor: Come Ladies. I need your assistance, and we have much to do. (All exit stage right.)

Blackout. Thrones off. Boudoir flat in. Table & chair on front stage right.

Quite a long, and fairly heavily populated, opening scene complete with a wide smattering of references. Amongst them a band that's just announced a huge tour in 2011, a comedy sketch show, a character from a James Bond movie and a 1970's kids TV show. Any takers? Very Happy

The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
C=O presents "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" - Page 2 Richfl10

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspadistra Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:39 pm

Eh...The Wombles?
Aspadistra
Aspadistra
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1460
Awards : C=O presents "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" - Page 2 Poster10
C=O presents "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" - Page 2 Kindes10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:19 pm

Correctamundo. Very Happy
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspadistra Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:41 pm

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Correctamundo. Very Happy

*shakes bahookey in triumph*

I'm still trying to get the other references. Embarassed

I love the scene. I read it last night before I went to bed. That's why I couldn't get the rest - too tired, obviously...
Aspadistra
Aspadistra
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspadistra Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:57 pm

Jason Orange....Take That.

*strains brain*
Aspadistra
Aspadistra
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:48 pm

2 down, 2 to go. The comedy sketch show is very hard. The Bond movie is a Brosnan.................................
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspadistra Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:27 pm

The Co=Ordinator wrote:2 down, 2 to go. The comedy sketch show is very hard. The Bond movie is a Brosnan.................................

Wiki is my friend...'Dr. Kaufman is a fictional character in the James Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies, portrayed by the late American actor Vincent Schiavelli, in a cameo .'
Aspadistra
Aspadistra
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspadistra Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:34 pm

By Vectron's beard! Very Happy

Mitchell and Webb.
Aspadistra
Aspadistra
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:41 am

Full House!!!!! Razz

Big halfway house all-cast rehearsal this afternoon.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:59 pm

Now available on the tube of yoo. A 1 minute music clip from today. Very Happy

We're now halfway through the 4 month *process* and, on the whole, I'm pleased with how things are progressing. Smile
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspadistra Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:36 am

I someone a bit shy? Smile

Always like a bit of Quo, I do.
Aspadistra
Aspadistra
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:00 pm

Obviously didn't want to appear on the tube of yoo. Very Happy There'll be a lot more movement in the finished version. Owing to availability, this was the first time the four of them had worked on the song together.

This was the Herbivroe's first time back from Uni - she got home at 9.30pm on Friday, I took her back to Kings Cross straight after the rehearsal.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:30 pm

Controversy. The Director has decided to drop the comedy song set piece. I specifically wrote this for the character I'm playing to lead. The Director and the MD are now working on a replacement, on pain of death from the writer that it MUST fit in seamlessly with the narrative. The Director this year is Mrs C=O. affraid

Scene Two

Palace cloth. The Queen enters stage left, picked out by the follow spot. She walks across the front apron sneering at the audience eliciting as much negative response as possible. Spot follows her until she arrives in her boudoir. In the boudoir we find a table and chair, on which is placed a crystal ball, whilst on the wall (flat) hangs an ornate hand mirror. Lights up front stage right as the Queen arrives.

Queen: (To audience) I am Queen Melissa and I am beautiful! Beautiful and ravishing. Don’t you think that I am beautiful and ravishing? (Audience interaction). Well you lot had better watch out or else…..(runs finger across throat). I’ll prove to you that I am the most beautiful in the land.

Here, in my boudoir, is a mirror: a very special mirror: a magic mirror that only tells the truth. And when I talk to it, it will tell me, and all of you ruffians out there, that I am the most beautiful in the land. Hahahahaha. (Turns and picks up mirror looking into it). Mirror, mirror in my hand who is the fairest across the land?

Mirror: (In a very camp voice) Well hello……..

Queen: I beg your pardon?

Mirror: That’s all right Queenie, you’re forgiven!

Queen: (In a rage) What did you say?

Mirror: Me, ooh nothing dearie.

Queen: (To audience) I don’t believe this, I spend three hundred groats and get a magic mirror that thinks it’s a cross between Leslie Phillips and Kenneth Williams. (To mirror) Look can’t you talk like the other magic mirrors do, you know in rhyme and with a nice deep voice?

Mirror: Oh behave: very well then, if I must…………

Queen: Right, let’s try again. Mirror, Mirror in my hand, who is the fairest across the land?

Mirror: (In a deep and booming voice from now on) You are fair it is true, my Queen,
Hair so blonde, and eyes so green.
But there is one, I have to say,
Who is more beautiful than you any day.

Queen: (Aghast) More beautiful than me? That is not possible, you are wrong.

Mirror: Oh no I’m not!

Queen: Oh yes you are! (Continue until it runs out of steam!) Very well then, who is this mystery person you say is more beautiful than me?

Mirror: Queen Melissa look around you, For what you see it may astound you. You really should be quite contrite, For the fairest in the land, it is Snow White.

Queen: (Indignantly). Snow White? (Getting angrier) Snow White. (Shrieks) Snoooowww Whhiiiiiiittttttttte? (Calms down). Very well, if that is what you say, then I will have to get rid of Little Miss Goody Twoshoes Snow White. Oh yes, it won’t be long before she is out of the way, and I am the most beautiful in the land. Bwahahahahaha!

Cue Music. The Queen walks centre stage (followed by the spot) to sing “One Way or Another”. During the opening bars to the number, dancers enter from stage left and right. Some light will be needed to allow the dancers to be seen.

SONG – ONE WAY OR ANOTHER

Blackout. Boudoir flat, table & chair out.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:07 am

Scene Three

Lights rise to reveal the same set. From stage left Clodagh Bubbles, Laundry woman to the Royal household, enters in a comedic manner. She is carrying a handbag containing sweets. Noticing the audience she moves to the middle of the stage and addresses them.

Clodagh: (To audience) Oh hello, boys and girls. I said hello boys and girls. (Audience interaction). Well that’s more like it, thank you very much indeed! (Pause) Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Clodagh Bubbles and, by appointment of His Majesty King Copper Knickers, I am Mistress of the Royal Laundry. Of course the King likes to call himself Copernicus, but as I do the washing, I know exactly what he wears underneath the Royal Trousers! By the way boys and girls, do you know what I have in my bag here? (Audience interaction, throwing & passing out sweets etc.)

I have to tell you with all I have to do in the Palace, I’m exhausted. Ever since my poor late husband had that unfortunate accident with the spatula while making fish custard, the only help I have with all the chores are the Palace handymen, Hotchit and Botchit. I love them dearly but they drive me mad, you’ll never meet a bigger pair of complete fools. Ooh heck, I think I can hear them coming now…....

Hotchit & Botchit enter stage right.

Hotchit: Hello Clodagh

Clodagh: I beg your pardon?

Botchit: He said hello Clodagh.

Clodagh: Excuse me. As you well know, when we’re on duty you will call me Mrs. Bubbles.

Hotchit: Oh, sorry Clodagh.

Botchit: Mrs. Bubbles.

Hotchit: Yeah, Mrs Bubbles.

Clodagh: Perhaps you should introduce yourselves to the boys and girls, and ladies and gentlemen in the audience?

Hotchit: Hello boys and girls, my name is Hotchit and this (points) is Botchit.

Botchit: In case you struggle to tell us apart, for ease of identification we’ve got the first letter of our names on our overalls.(Both point at the letters)

Clodagh: The audience struggle? More like you two! By the way boys and girls, despite how it may appear, they’re not a pair of pencil sellers. Although, to be honest, they’re about as thick as the lead in an HB.

Hotchit: (Scratches head) Boys and girls, will you do us a really big favour? (Await audience reaction).

Botchit: Hotchit said “Boys and girls, will you do us a really big favour?” (Audience interaction).

Hotchit: Oh that’s good – trouble is, I’ve forgotten what I was going to say.

Botchit: Maybe it was “For the rest of the panto every time we appear on stage and go ‘Alright geezers’ will you please say “Sure thing HotBot”

Clodagh: HotBot?

Hotchit: Yeah Mrs. Bubbles. Hotchit & Botchit shortened to HotBot.(Audience interaction practising the move – make sure they get it right!)

Clodagh: Honestly you two – I don’t know. It’s a good job I’ve got plenty of wigs, otherwise I’d have no hair left to tear out! You’re the most useless handymen I’ve ever met. (To audience) The one time I asked them to help me with the laundry they shrunk Queen Melissa’s favourite dress so much that it wouldn’t even fit a dwarf. (Aside) Mind you, I have to admit, it was funny to see the Queen’s face when she saw the dress! I tell you I don’t like that woman, not one little bit – she’s a wrong ‘un alright. Do you know, the last time she was feeling unwell she went to Prague to get a check up? In fact, it’s rumoured that she’s really a witch in disguise. If only the King could see that, instead of spending all the time looking through that telescope of his.

Botchit: Mrs. Bubbles.

Clodagh: Yes Botchit.

Botchit: Can you tell me something?

Clodagh: Well I suppose it depends what it is. Go on.

Botchit: What exactly is a total moron?

Clodagh:(Somewhat taken aback) Why do you ask?

Hotchit: Well it’s what the Queen called us when we put our ladder through her boudoir window.

Clodagh: You put your ladder through her boudoir window? Heaven help us, people have lost their heads for less than that. You’re lucky she didn’t set that horrible lump of a Henchman on you!

Botchit: Do you mean Hedrick?

Clodagh: (Exasperated) Yes, I do mean Hedrick you great dimwit!

Botchit: Thanks, that’s the nicest thing you’ve called me in ages Mrs. Bubbles.

Hotchit: Anyway, that’s no worry. Hedrick’s our mate. He says we’re the only people who understand him.

Clodagh: Heaven help us all. I didn’t think it possible for there to be someone as dim as you two.

Making a thumbs up gesture, Hotchit & Botchit beam in satisfaction.

Botchit: Oh, here comes Hedrick now.

Hedrick enters stage right. Although he cuts a scary figure he is, in reality, a bit of a softie.

Hedrick: Hello Mrs. Bubbles. Hello Hotchit, Hello Botchit………

Hotchit: Hello Hedrick.

Botchit: How are you?

Hedrick : I’m alright, but you two might not be in a minute.

Clodagh: Why’s that?

Hedrick: Because the Queen told me (point at Hotchit & Botchit) that you two put your ladder through her boudoir window, and that I had to come over here and sort you out.

Hotchit: No, no, no, that’s not what she meant, is it Botchit?

Botchit: Indeed not. She meant that you had to come and help us do some urgent tiling and grouting.

Hedrick: Are you sure?

Hotchit: Of course Hedrick, would we lie to you?

Hedrick: (Looking puzzled) Oh I see. Sorry, how stupid of me. Well the Queen has given me so many other tasks to do for the rest of the day, that I don’t think I’ll have the time to help out, but I’ll be on the lookout for anyone who can.

Botchit: Alright Hedrick, thanks mate, see you later.

Hedrick exits stage right. Hotchit and Botchit wipe the sweat off his brow in relief. Clodagh, who has stood back a little and listened in amazement, moves forward.

Hotchit: You see, I told you that Hedrick was alright.

Clodagh: I can’t believe you got away with that. (To audience) There may be more to them than I ever imagined possible. Anyway come along, with all the chores there are to do, you can’t afford to waste any more time.

Hotchit: Yeah, you’re not wrong there, Mrs. Bubbles.

Botchit: Bye, boys and girls, see you later. (Both exit stage right)

Clodagh: Right, and I’ve got to skedaddle now as well. I’m going to nip out to meet the Colonel of the King’s Guard. He’s promised to show me his parade ground, and I’m hoping he might even let me inspect his privates. Bye!

Blackout. Forest cloth in.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspadistra Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:58 am

That's a nice wee 'Who' reference in there. Smile
Aspadistra
Aspadistra
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:13 am

You're on the ball there! cheers
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:41 am

If anyone's interested, I'm due to be a guest on Hayes FM this coming Thursday morning between 10.00 & 10.30 to talk about Snow White amongst other things.

Further details about our local radio station may be found here. You may be horrified to discover that there is a "listen online" facility. affraid Laughing
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:48 am

Scene Four

A forest clearing during the day. Cue music. Under follow spot, Prince Gregory, together with his trusted companions Rick-nice-but-thick, Billy-nice-but-silly and Jim-nice-but-dim, enter the auditorium from the rear and make their way up to the stage. They arrive stage front and sing.

SONG ROCKIN’ ALL OVER THE WORLD - STATUS QUO

Prince: Alright chaps, we should let the steeds rest and feed on their nosebags, while we consider our plans.

Rick : (Puzzled) Gregory, how come the horses, which by the way have either become invisible or run away, get fed and we don’t? I mean I thought taking a gap year out of Uni and travelling around the world was meant to be fun.

Billy: Yah, not half Greggy baby. I mean for goodness sake we have hardly got any food for ourselves, whilst those mangy old equine critters have a feast a day.

Jim: What ho Billy, all we seem to do is come across trouble. It was only just the other day we narrowly avoid being eaten by that awful dragon thingy.

Prince: (Trying to calm the situation) Come on chaps, its not that bad – if it wasn’t for me you’d probably have ended up working for ye Olde Lord Sainsbury in his grocery shop. I mean what sort of year out would that have been?

Rick: (Scratching head very hard) One that was a lot safer and easier than this!

Billy: Scan city sounds like a great place right now.

Jim: Yah, stack those shelves rather than battle those elves!

Prince: Look, Rick, Billy, Jim. (Slowly puts his arms around his travelling companions) Whoever said life would be simple and easy was almost as mad as you guys. Be honest, don’t you just love this great adventure we’re on? (The three look at each other and shake their heads disapprovingly). Don’t you just adore the open air and all the beasts and wild creatures we meet? (Even more shaking of heads) Don’t you just relish our manly companionship and the good times we have together? (They try to run off but the Prince holds them back)

Guys, I haven’t told you this before, but I have this feeling, this sense of destiny if you want. It’s been with me ever since we left Perivalia. Somewhere on our travels I just know that I’m going to come face to face with the woman with whom I’m going to spend the rest of my life. I thought that I would spend the next three years simply drinking, getting a 2:2, and leaving 40k in debt thanks to the ConDems. But now I realise what awaits me, and it is something for which I must prepare. (Rick, Billy and Jim are now scratching and shaking their heads in complete bemusement). And you, you wonderful dunderheads who I love so dearly, will be with me all the way! (slaps them hard on the back).

Rick: Gulp. I think I’d have rather been asking if anyone in the audience had a reward card with them.

Billy: Yeah absolutely, Rick double points today!

Jim: Was that a colleague announcement Billy?

Billy: Well I’m not sure, but I think a contract cleaner is needed for aisle 9.

Prince: (Pushing them away and moving front of stage boldly and assertively to talk to audience) My, what have I saddled myself with here? Rick-nice-but-thick, Billy-nice-but-silly, and Jim-nice-but-dim, three of the stupidest, but finest, friends a Prince could have. (Thinks aloud) Never mind, ever onwards and upwards. (To his mates) Come on chaps!

Mates: Hurrah, huzzah, etc etc.(All exit stage right)

Blackout. Boudoir flat in. Table & chair on front stage right.

The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:11 am

Scene Five

In the Queen’s Boudoir, set as in Scene Three. The lights rise to show the Queen seated at the table. A knock is heard. Hedrick sheepishly enters the Boudoir, bows to the Queen and talks whilst trying to avoid direct eye contact.

Hedrick: You sent for me your Majesty?

Queen: (Rising from the table) Ah yes Hedrick. I’ve a little task for you.

Hedrick: A little task, your Majesty?

Queen: Yes Hedrick, a small matter that needs dealing with.

Hedrick: A small matter, your Majesty?

Queen: Yes, nothing that will test your brain too far.

Hedrick: Test my brain, your Majesty?

Queen: (Becoming exasperated) Hedrick will you stop repeating everything I say!

Hedrick: Stop repeating everything you say your Majesty?

The Queen slaps Hedrick as he tries to protect himself.

Queen: (Shouting) Hedrick. Are you a complete and utter buffoon?

Hedrick: A Complete and utter buf-

Queen: Stop!! Don’t answer that question, just listen. (Pause while she composes herself) I want you to take Snow White for a walk: infact I want you to take her for a long walk: a very long walk indeed: a very long walk into the forest. Say that you are going to take to her a wonderful place where she can pick lots of different types of her beloved flowers.

Hedrick: If you say so, your Majesty.

Queen: (Ingratiating herself with Hedrick) And there, deep in the forest my dear faithful Hedrick, you will kill Snow White (Slow deliberate delivery needed).

Hedrick: (Shocked by the command) But your Majesty, kill Princess Snow White? Surely not?

Queen: Silence Hedrick. Do you not hold a position within this Palace because of my patronage?

Hedrick: Yes, your Majesty.

Queen: And without me, would you not still be living in the slums from where I chose you to be my personal Henchman?

Hedrick: Yes, your Majesty.

Queen: Then Hedrick, you will do as I tell you. You will take Snow White into the forest and kill her. (Hedrick turns to go) Oh, and Hedrick, should you fail to obey my command, you know the penalty don’t you!

Hedrick: (By now cowering in fear) Gulp, I do your Majesty.

Queen: (Taking a knife that has been concealed in her costume she hands it to Hedrick) Then go now, hurry Hedrick, take this knife and complete the task that I have given you.

Hedrick: Yes, your Majesty. (Hedrick scuttles out of the boudoir)

Queen: (To audience) Dear Hedrick, he is such a stupid lumbering fool! But he is loyal and will do whatever I command. Oh yes, Snow White is already as good as dead. Bwahahahaha!!!

Blackout. Flat Out.

The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:18 am

Nice, C=O. Very nice nice indeed. Smile
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
C=O presents "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" - Page 2 Person10

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspadistra Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:38 pm

Snow White is already as good as dead?

affraid
Aspadistra
Aspadistra
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:50 pm

Aspadistra wrote:Snow White is already as good as dead?

affraid
That's going to be one hell of a downer for the kids in the audience. affraid
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Oh yes. I'm going to have the kids crying half way through Act 2. No qualms about that whatsoever.

Will post the next scene tomorrow - even though it's not what's actually going to be on stage. All will be revealed mañana.....
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:37 pm

Ooooooooooohhhhhh...tease.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next