Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship"

+8
sparacus
Nick Barlow
The Browncoat Cat
Zoltar
Johnstone McGuckian
Dave Webb
The Co=Ordinator
Patrick
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rate "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship"

Rate "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship" - Page 2 Bar_left0%Rate "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship" - Page 2 Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rate "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship" - Page 2 Bar_left47%Rate "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship" - Page 2 Bar_right 47% 
[ 8 ]
Rate "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship" - Page 2 Bar_left47%Rate "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship" - Page 2 Bar_right 47% 
[ 8 ]
Rate "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship" - Page 2 Bar_left6%Rate "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship" - Page 2 Bar_right 6% 
[ 1 ]
Rate "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship" - Page 2 Bar_left0%Rate "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship" - Page 2 Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 17

Rate "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship" - Page 2 Empty Re: Rate "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship"

Post by andrea Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:28 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Not quite good enough for a 5, but a top end 4 for me. Until now I hadn’t voted on Asylum of the Daleks, wanting to see where the series was going. As I derived much more pleasure from Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, Asylum will get a 3.
I also voted 3 and 4 respectively for Asylum and Dinosaurs and for much the same reason - I simply enjoyed the latter much more. There was no profound story or anything but it held my attention much better than Asylum of the Daleks did.
andrea
andrea
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 695
Awards : Rate "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship" - Page 2 Kindes10
Rate "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship" - Page 2 Person10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Rate "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship" - Page 2 Empty Re: Rate "Dinosaurs On A Spaceship"

Post by The Browncoat Cat Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:52 am

I think that this is the first time Doctor Who has ever had a genuinely evil villain. Not a villian driven by its biology, not one driven by its religious beliefs and not a caricatured criminal either. Solomon is unthinkingly nasty, casually violent and just uses pain and suffering as a tool of business. In other words your ordinary every day criminal even if he is ...on a spaceship. It shows that some of the unpleasantness of human nature will, despite the best efforts of the civilised, continue until the end of time. Having said that, I don't think the series could cope with too many realistic villains.
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1148
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-11-04

http://browncoatcat.gardd-lelog.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by stanmore Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Dave Webb wrote:
Fanish whinging: because I have to get it out of my system.
If the Silurians are technologically advanced enough to build an ark full of dinosaurs in order to repopulate a shattered Earth, why did they bother hiding underground at all? Why not build a couple more and then go and settle on another planet? Mars, for example.

Well, we know that there are different species and sub-species of Silurian - perhaps these ones decided to go into space and some others decided not too. It'd be a bit weird for a species that has lots of different points of view to come up with the same solutions...
stanmore
stanmore
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1669
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2