Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS"

+3
The Browncoat Cat
Nick Barlow
Patrick
7 posters

Go down

Rate: Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS

Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Bar_left25%Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Bar_right 25% 
[ 3 ]
Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Bar_left58%Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Bar_right 58% 
[ 7 ]
Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Bar_left17%Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Bar_right 17% 
[ 2 ]
Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Bar_left0%Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Bar_left0%Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 12

Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Empty Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS"

Post by Patrick Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:51 am

Clara seems to be having her difficulties with the TARDIS.  Or maybe that's the TARDIS having some sort of grudge against Clara.  And those difficulties will likely get pushed a bit more into the light in this story of a salvage operation deciding to "claim" the Doctor's craft.  The Doctor has to convince these junk yard dogs to help him save Clara.  But what lies at the center of the TARDIS?  Why is Clara in danger.

So what did you think of this story?  Let's be hearing from you!
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Person10

Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Empty Re: Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS"

Post by Nick Barlow Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:29 am

I enjoyed that - good bonkers fun that'll probably fall apart if you examine it too closely, but that's the essence of Doctor Who, isn't it?
Nick Barlow
Nick Barlow
Councillor Mod

Number of posts : 1213
Awards : Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Poster10
Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Person10

http://www.nickbarlow.com

Back to top Go down

Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Empty Re: Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS"

Post by The Browncoat Cat Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:51 pm

• As I could not make out what the sensor device was saying about Clara, I assumed this story was written by a Yorkshireman as i kept hearing tl phrase "Lancashire Sucks!" Apparently it was saying "Lancashire Sass!"
  • Anyway. I did enjoy this episode. More than made up for the disappointment of Invasion of Time. I wonder if we will ever see the swimming pool again?
  • Lots of seeds for the finale planted here.
  • Is the TARDIS a bit of a historian, as I suspect it wrote the "History of the Time War" book in the library.
  • Having said that, I am more interested in next week's episode.
3/5
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1148
Awards :

http://browncoatcat.gardd-lelog.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Barlow Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:33 am

Potentially spoilery speculation after reading the review of the episode here.

Spoiler:
Nick Barlow
Nick Barlow
Councillor Mod

Number of posts : 1213

http://www.nickbarlow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnstone McGuckian Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:09 am

Good form continues with another 4/5. No 5's yet this run and I'm hoping we get at least one at some point.
Johnstone McGuckian
Johnstone McGuckian
Youngster Mod

Number of posts : 1722
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Webb Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:32 am

Thank you for the link to that blog, Nick. Excellent reading.

Am I going to need spoiler tags for this? Oh, why not:

Spoiler:

I'm genuinely concerned about how Moffat is setting up his "big revelations" and I am also starting to get used to time being the problem and solution to things. Instead of time travel being the gateway to adventure, it's slowly turning into the Doctor Who transporter or holodeck - a nice bit of kit which would never be cleared for public use if it broke down as often as it seems to.

There's been a pretty good balance between timey-wimey and adventure stories, but I can't help hoping that if Moff keeps this up someone will assign a couple of non-Trans-Uranic elements to sort out al the time leakage.

[/quote]
Dave Webb
Dave Webb
Mod in Occupancy

Number of posts : 1175

http://unsatirical.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:50 am

You know, from a completely linear viewpoint, the interesting thing to ponder is that in last night's episode, nothing happened. It was the half-hour that never was, all thanks to the Big Happy Button.

I absolutely love seeing the TARDIS herself get well presented as a sentient character, and in a lot of ways, this story was something of a sequel to The Doctor's Wife. Oh, and in case you missed it (it did go by rather quickly), the first glimpse of the TARDIS swimming pool in almost 40 years:
Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" 11

I'm really enjoying this run of episodes. Another strong 4/5 from me.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957

Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Poster10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Neon Seal Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:53 am

Wow... Why wasn't this how series 5 ended? Seriously; one of the best Who series ever but the last episode sucked sssooooooooo much. And to think, it could have ended like this.

That. Was. Amazing.

5/5 here Timelords and Timeladys.
The Neon Seal
The Neon Seal
Youngster

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2013-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Thu May 09, 2013 2:25 am

Enjoyed it far more than I probably should. 4/5.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
Rate "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS" Richfl10

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down