Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

adventure gamebooks!!

3 posters

Go down

adventure gamebooks!! Empty adventure gamebooks!!

Post by barnaby morbius Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:45 am

i recently came across a couple of Fighting Fantasy Books in the loft- caverns of the snow witch, creature of havoc, crypt of the sorcerer and the 4 sorcery! books. result!

i also found out that you can play all the Lone Wolf books online. my 80s nostalgia continues...i nearly bought the dvd of the mysterious cities of gold. and my ipod is pretty much wall-to-wall 80s. maybe i should buy a snood.
barnaby morbius
barnaby morbius
What about moi computer?

Number of posts : 1609
Awards : adventure gamebooks!! Person10
adventure gamebooks!! Lionhe10
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

adventure gamebooks!! Empty Re: adventure gamebooks!!

Post by Sid Seadevil Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:49 am

barnaby salton wrote:i recently came across a couple of Fighting Fantasy Books in the loft- caverns of the snow witch, creature of havoc, crypt of the sorcerer and the 4 sorcery! books. result!

i also found out that you can play all the Lone Wolf books online. my 80s nostalgia continues...i nearly bought the dvd of the mysterious cities of gold. and my ipod is pretty much wall-to-wall 80s. maybe i should buy a snood.
Ooooooohhhh. I still have a few of the original print run of the Fighting Fantasy game books. Including the first one "Warlock of Firetop Mountain" - great stuff! In fact, now I come to think of it, I still have the detailed map of the gameworld I drew up while playing Warlock first time round.

Meant I could never again get myself lost in the maze section, or have to fight lots of nasties by taking a wrong turn/option.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards : adventure gamebooks!! Poster10
adventure gamebooks!! Person10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Hicks Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:20 am

There was a stage when I had alll 59 of them, plus the Sorcery! books. I completed them all, and had the correct routes through them (with maps, where relevant) written down. Sadly enough, I can still remember the solutions to a lot of them, too.

They were really good fun, and along with the Lone Wolf series, were responisble for getting me into the RPG hobby.
Colin Hicks
Colin Hicks
Benign Dictator

Number of posts : 1308
Awards : adventure gamebooks!! Creato10
Registration date : 2008-11-03

http://siskoid.com/whoccg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down