Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Ben Chatham Story: "WAR AND PEACE"

2 posters

Go down

The New Ben Chatham Story: "WAR AND PEACE" Empty The New Ben Chatham Story: "WAR AND PEACE"

Post by sparacus Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:18 pm

OK folks, here is the first part of a gripping new Ben Chatham story. Someone is trying to disrupt a conference of world powers designed to end conflict in the middle east. Who and why?...........

WAR AND PEACE: Part 1

Ben Chatham was lounging seductively and wistfully on his sofa, enjoying a continental breakfast and a cup of exclusive Columbian Blue Ridge coffee.
“Here is your newspaper Mr Chatham”, his houseboy Luigi said, handing Ben the Daily Telegraph. Ben gazed down at the leading article:

WORLD PEACE CONFERENCE OPENS TODAY

Delegates have continued to arrive for the World Peace Conference which opens later today at Brockton Hall in Suffolk. The US Secretary of State Hilary Clinton said last night that this was an historic chance to end the conflict in Afghanistan, tension over Iranian nuclear pretensions and to finally put an end to conflict in the Middle East. The delegates from Israel, Iran and China are due to arrive from Heathrow shortly and the conference will open with a large welcoming banquet where her Majesty the Queen, who is visiting Canada, will be represented by the Prince of Wales. The Prime Minister has expressed his hope that the conference will be a turning point not just for conflict in the Middle East but for world tensions in general.......

Kyle emerged from the kitchen holding a peace of toast and saw Ben reading the paper:
“Ere Ben, does it say owt about us being invited to the conference?”
“Of course not Kyle. Our involvement is strictly confidential. We are there simply to give advice as regards alien threats to the earth and the impetus they add to the need for global co-operation and understanding. The powers that be hardly want to alarm the public by advertising such matters. However I am immensely proud that we have been asked.”
Ben sipped his coffee and flicked his golden hair back from his dark eyes with pride.
“ We had better get ready Kyle. Please wear a shirt and tie, I do not want you looking like we are going to the studio to record an episode of your namesake Jeremy Kyle's unpleasant show.”

A short time later, Ben, Kyle, Katie Ryan and Corinne Shaw were driving to Brockton Hall. It was a bright, sunny morning and the air smelt fresh and enticing. The sound of David Bowie's “Moonage Daydream” emanated from the car stereo. Ben's mobile started to ring and he glanced down and saw that it was Emma calling:
“Kyle, please answer that and tell her that I'm going to a World Peace Conference and will be too busy to converse with her for an indefinite period.”
Kyle looked embarrassed but answered Ben's phone:
“Hi Emma.... soz but Ben's on his way to that peace conference that’s bin on the news a lot, ain't he told you?..... Ere look I'm really sorry Emma...”
Katie jabbed Kyle in the ribs:
“Why are you apologising to that woman? Ben doesn't have to answer to her for everything.”
Corinne looked up and flicked back her hair:
“She is so needy. Pathetic really.” Kyle continued with the call:
“... yeah ok Emma I'll tell him. See ya babe ends call ere Ben that was dead embarrasin'. Don't you two talk to each ather?”
“We are married Kyle. Of course we don't”.
“I still think its like dead odd that you don't even live together” Kyle answered. Ben frowned:
“Emma understands fully that I am unable to alter my domestic circumstances to suit her as my apartment also serves as a hub for Operation Delta activity. Its a matter of priority. What we do is essentially saving the earth time and time again from extraterrestrial threats.”

They later arrived at Brockton Hall, a huge stately home that was once owned by the Dukes of Suffolk. Ben admired its architecture:
“what a magnificent building. The de la Pole family were such wonderful patrons of the best in English architecture. As I hope to say to the Prince of Wales when I meet him.”
They showed their cards to the security men and drove closer to the house however there seemed to be a commotion going on outside. Several armed men of Asian appearance were ushering someone into a car and shouting in an animated way at security staff. A man with grey hair and a woman were trying to remonstrate with the man getting into the car. As Ben drove closer he recognised the woman.
“I know that woman. Its Chiara! Chiara Smith. She used to work for us.” Katie frowned.
“So it is. Mediocrity personified. Wonder what she's doing here....”
Chiara saw them and walked towards the car:
“Hi Ben, its great to see you again. Look, we've got a bit of an incident going on here...”
“Why are you here? You are still theoretically a member of my organisation and I have not asked you to come” Ben tersely pointed out.
“Oh don't be like that Ben. I work for the diplomatic service now as a liaison officer.”
“Why are those people shouting at each other?” Corinne asked her.
“Oh God its really bad. The Iranian ambassador is threatening to leave claiming that the American ambassador came to his room and punched him. The American ambassador denies it.” Ben frowned:
“Obviously an Iranian stunt” Ben firmly stated.
They got out of the car and Kyle unloaded the luggage as another commotion broke out at the main doorway as a group of armed men ran out.
“Look I'd better go, catch up with you later Ben” Chiara said, going over to the men. Ben tried to catch what they were saying:
“More trouble by the look of it” Kyle observed. As they walked up to the entrance Chiara returned:
“Whats going on?” Kyle asked her.
“Big trouble. The American ambassador has been found dead in one of the men's lavatories. Stabbed to death.”
“This is serious” Ben solemnly stated.

…..............to be continued.

sparacus
sparacus
The Emperor

Number of posts : 356
Awards : The New Ben Chatham Story: "WAR AND PEACE" Lionhe10

The New Ben Chatham Story: "WAR AND PEACE" Poster10
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

The New Ben Chatham Story: "WAR AND PEACE" Empty Re: The New Ben Chatham Story: "WAR AND PEACE"

Post by konstantin Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:49 am

“Big trouble. The American ambassador has been found dead in one of the men's lavatories. Stabbed to death.”

is that a euphamism?

konstantin
konstantin
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 2074
Awards : The New Ben Chatham Story: "WAR AND PEACE" Creato10
The New Ben Chatham Story: "WAR AND PEACE" Kindes10
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

The New Ben Chatham Story: "WAR AND PEACE" Empty Re: The New Ben Chatham Story: "WAR AND PEACE"

Post by sparacus Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:16 pm

OK folks, here is the exciting part 2 of this story:

"WAR & PEACE" Part 2

A short time later, Ben was sitting in the lounge of Brockton Hall with Kate Lethbridge-Stewart of UNIT, who was there to brief the Operation Delta team and enable the two organisations to provide joint input. Ben poured Kate a glass of wine.
“I was very sorry to hear about your father's death Kate. On another note, what do you think is really going on here? Are the Iranians trying to scupper the conference?” Kate sipped the wine:
“I really don't think so Ben. Whatever we may think of that regime do not believe that it is in their interests to engineer a situation in which this conference fails, especially not one which involves murdering the US ambassador. The USA and Israel still have the nuclear upper hand and if this all goes pear-shaped then it is still Iran that looks the most vulnerable.”
As she speaks, Chiara enters the lounge and walks up to Ben who gestures at her with his hand:
“Not now Chiara. I'm busy talking to someone important.” Chiara looked slightly hurt:
“Oh. I'd forgotten how rude you can be sometimes Ben. I've only come to tell you that Kyle has been involved in an altercation with some Russians in your room.”
“Oh that’s all I need. I suppose I'd better see what’s going on.”

Ben finished his glass of wine and followed Chiara out of the lounge and up the large, ornate staircase. He saw a commotion in the corridor and a group of Russians in black leather jackets and jeans shouting at Kyle and at security guards who were holding Kyle back:
“.... theese Eeeenglish lout will pay for theeese. In Raashah scum like heem end up floating in the River Neva weeth a bullet in the head”.
“You were riflin through my gear after nickin' summat” Kyle yelled back at him.
Ben approached:
“Unhand my operative now please. What is going on Kyle?”
“I caught this guy goin' through my case an' 'it im like”. Ben noticed that the Russian didn't appear to be bleeding or even bruised.
“Clearly Kyle did not hit this Russian very hard. I am well aware that the Russian attitude towards espionage is still mired in redundant cold war thinking.” The Russian scowled:
“Pah, Eeeenglish toffboy!” He stomped off angrily. Ben led Kyle off downstairs to the lounge to calm him down. He didn't notice the young, blonde man watching the events from within the cleaners' store room, the door being slightly ajar. A short time later, the young blonde guy, dressed in the blue overall of a Brockton Hall cleaner, met with a colleague in the porters' lodge:
“Anything new happening Gunter?” the colleague asked.
“I think we have another opportunity here Ernst....”

A short time later Ben, his team and Kate Lethbridge-Stewart were called to an impromptu meeting in one of the conference rooms by Sir Nigel Warrington-Pace, the British ambassador. Sir Nigel looked worried:
“Look folks, I've called you in here because I need all the advice I can get right now. The yanks are going ballistic and I don't think that I can rein them in. The Clinton woman is the most angry that I've ever seen her, which is saying a lot considering that she looks like everybody's ex-wife crossed with a rottweiler. If they attack Iran for this the whole middle east could go up in flames.” Sir Nigel knocked back a whiskey.
“Is there any evidence at all that the Iranians were behind this murder in the lavatory?” Corinne Shaw asked. Sir Nigel walked to behind where she was sitting and gave her breasts a cuddle:
“Look love, the Americans don't need evidence. Their blood's up.” Corrine was furious:
“I'd rather you didn't grope me like that Mr Warrington-Pace.” Sir Nigel was offended:
“I only had a quick feel. I haven't had any for several weeks as me and the wife are separated.” Ben is annoyed:
“I'd rather you didn't feel the private parts of my staff while discussing a crisis in world politics. It negates the seriousness of the situation.” As Ben spoke, Chiara Smith burst in through the door:
“I'm sorry to burst in but Ben you'd better come quick. One of the Russian delegates has been found stabbed to death in his room and they're blaming you and Kyle.......

…..........to be continued.
sparacus
sparacus
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by sparacus Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:06 pm

OK folks, here is part 3 of this major Doctor Who spin off story:

WAR AND PEACE

Part 3

Ben, Kyle, Warrington- Pace and several members of the UK diplomatic team all followed Chiara upstairs, where they saw a group of angry Russians shouting and gesticulating wildly. One of them pointed at Kyle:
“Its heem. Theees man must be arrested now. Heees killed Sergei!”
Nigel Warrington-Pace frowned:
“One of my team has just called the police. It is up to them to decide who to arrest not you. This is England, not Moscow. I am the British ambassador to this international conference and I would like to see the body please.”
The Russian spat on the floor and scowled:
“President Putin will hear of theees.”
They entered one of the bedrooms and saw a man lying sprawled across the bed naked, with stab wounds all over his torso. Blood was soaking into the duvet and the man's eyes were open in a disturbing glazed stare.
“Notice the metallic smell of the blood. One often notices it at murder scenes where there is heavy blood loss” Ben observed, “Is this the same man that you had the altercation with Kyle? I really can't tell.”
“Yeah its him. But I ain't bin near this room since. You know that like as I've bin with you lot”.
Ben stared at the Russians:
“I can confirm that. Kyle has been with me, my team and the ambassador all the time.”

A short time later the police had collected the body and Ben, his team and Kate Lethbridge Stewart were enjoying a drink in the lounge. Kate was worried:
“This is just awful. The only reason that the conference is still going on is that the police won't let anyone leave until these deaths are cleared up. The Russians are going ballistic and we are in danger of real trouble if they try to leave by force. The Iranians are accusing the Americans of killing their own ambassador and the whole thing is getting very nasty.” Ben sipped his cognac:
“The only thing that makes any sense is that this is either the result of a deranged lone killer with psychiatric problems or a conspiracy to wreck world peace by persons unknown.” Katie Ryan sipped her Martini on the rocks and looked up:
“Its the Iranians obviously. They are trying to set the Americans and Russians against each other.” Kate Lethbridge Stewart shook her head:
“I don't think so. The last thing they want is a confrontation between the US and Russia which they could get dragged into. Russia is their ally and the US may choose to take on Russia by proxy by firming up policy towards Iran. I don't think the Iranians would risk that.” Katie Ryan took an instant dislike to Kate and slammed her glass down:
“That's a rather dismissive and speculative argument don't you think?”

Ben went to the bar to get another cognac and saw Chiara there sipping mineral water:
“Hi Chiara. Can I get you another drink?”
“No thanks Ben. I need to get back to work in a bit. How are you anyway? I heard on the grapevine that you've got married. Who's the lucky lady.” Ben looked sad and let his hair flop down over his eyes:
“Emma.... she's called Emma. Oh God my life's a mess!” Chiara was intrigued:
“Why do you say that Ben? Whats wrong?”
“I only married her out of social conformity because my family expected it. Now I'm stuck with her. I fully realise how pathetic that sounds. But just consider my life for a minute. Every relationship I've had has ended because I've been let down. Its like there's a whole row of metaphorical knives sticking in my back. I've no idea where my life is going and now this marriage has just kind of happened.” Ben's eyes filled with tears and he knocked back the cognac in one go. Chara stared at him:
“What about Emma's feelings in all of this Ben? It sounds to me like you're using her in an appalling way.” Ben was upset:
“Oh thanks a lot Chiara. I opened up to you expecting some basic sympathy and all you can do is criticise me.”

Meanwhile, down in the basement of the building, two young men dressed as cleaners moved an old wardrobe to one side, revealing a secret doorway. They opened a door and walked along a concealed passageway to another door, which they knocked and entered. The room was furnished as an office, although it was in darkness except for light from several tv screens showing live CCTV of the conference and mass of lights from a strange, futuristic A man sat in a dark corner of the room in an armchair, his face concealed in the darkness. Slowly he spoke:
“You have done well Ernst and Dieter. The Russians and the Americans are at each others throats. It will soon be time for our decisive move. You will kill the Israeli ambassador and I will use the transfiguran machine to project an image of one of the Iranians. However there is now a more pressing matter. The one called Ben Chatham. I have met him before and he could endanger this entire operation. You must eliminate him tonight............

…...............to be continued.
sparacus
sparacus
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by sparacus Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:53 pm

OK folks, here is part 4 of this canon Doctor Who spin off adventure:

WAR & PEACE

Part 4

A short time later Ben was sitting alone in his room in semi darkness, only the dull glow from a tablelamp lending some light to the melancholy scene. Ben picked up a book from the side table, a copy of Aldous Huxley's 'Eyeless in Gaza', before throwing it angrily to the side of the room.
“I've no interest in reading.... I've no interest in anything. My life's at a dead end...” he muttered to himself. He held his head in his hands as his mobile rang. Picking it up, he saw it was Emma and he angrily threw the phone to one side as well before sinking down onto the bed and falling into a stupor. In the corridor outside the man named Dieter approached Ben's door and listened at it. Further down the corridor, his colleague Ernst gestured that the coast was clear. Dieter slowly opened Ben's door and he and Ernst quickly went inside.....

In the lounge, Katie Ryan was feeling irritated and bored. Kate Lethbridge-Stewart had left and Katie was the victim of the unwanted advances of one of the French delegates.
“Here madame...have another cognac and let me look at your shapely physique” the swarthy delegate said, leering at Katie's breasts. Katie took the cognac and threw it in his face:
“No thanks pal. Your breath stinks of onions and you look like you need a crash diet.” She strode feistily out of the lounge and up the stairs towards Ben's corridor, hoping to raise with him a new theory she had about who may be behind the killings. She noticed Ben's door was ajar and pushing it open saw two men trying to strangle Ben with the flex from his table lamp. Quickly Katie pulled off one of her high heels and swung it at the man named Dieter's head. The pointed heel slammed into his left eye and he yelped and screamed with pain.
Katie karate kicked Ernst who crashed into the window sill and collapsed in a concussed state. Dieter was screaming with pain as Kyle ran into the room:
“Ere what the hell's goin' down?”
“Don't ask stupid questions Kyle and grab that thug” Katie shouted. Kyle pinned Dieter to the ground while Katie shook Ben:
“Ben, you ok? BEN?”
Ben coughed and spluttered. Kyle looked up:
“You'd better like phone a Doctor, his eye's really bad.”
“Oh don't be such a damn wuss Kyle” Katie spat back. She grabbed her high heel and pointed it at Dieter's other eye:
“Now tell us who you are working for or you'll get more of the same. Come on!”
“ahhhh mein gott..... ahhh..” Dieter mumbled. Katie was enraged:
“A German! Look we won the war so tell us who sent you here”. Kyle stood up:
“I'm phonin' for 'elp. This guy's in agony.”
“....ahhh no more fraulein..... I can't say anything... he'd have me shot... ahhhh ” Dieter said before passing out in shock.

A short time later Ben had recovered and he and the team were discussing recent developments with Chiara and Kate Lethbridge-Stewart in Ben's room.
“I am really not happy about the level of force that your operative used”Kate said. Katie reacted with fury:
“Oh wee off. You and your wet international organisation make me sick. Those Germans were trying to kill Ben, what would you have me do, give them a slight ticking off?” Ben looked up wearily:
“Look can we just focus on the mystery we have here. We know that those two were working for someone they are terrified of and that is why they won't talk. It is obvious that they are trying to engender conflict between world powers.”
“'ave there bin any reports recently of alien landings, UFO sightings or anything?” Kyle asked Kate.
“Oh shut up Kyle, as if that has any relevance” Katie spat out.
“Er I was thinkin' that this may be part of a plot to set the world in conflict before an outside invasion” Kyle angrily replied.

Meanwhile, down in the basement, the shadowy figure sat in darkness watching events on a tv monitor screen. Ben's room had a hidden camera. The man was angry:
“Those incompetent fools. I will have them shot for this. That blonde girl is both annoying and dangerous. It is a shame that she is so aggressive as she may otherwise be physically acceptable to me. We must eliminate her. However it may be easier to just move on to the final stage of my plan now. The Israeli will die tonight.”
In another corner of the room, a figure moves into the light given out by the tv screen:
“All is still going according to plan Sir. I am pleased that our leaders agreed to work with you on this project. Soon the earth will be ours”.
The light shone on the face of the second speaker..... the face of a Draconian..........

….........to be continued.

sparacus
sparacus
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by sparacus Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:10 pm

OK folks, here is part 5 of this classic adventure:

“War & Peace” Part 5

Later, back in the bar, Ben was discussing the recent developments with his team, Chiara, Kate Lethbridge-Stewart and Nigel Warrington-Pace. He sipped a glass of 1986 Chateau-De-Compais red.
“You know, one thing I will say about this conference is that the quality of the wine is superlative. The 1986 Chateau-De-Compais is probably the finest red produced in France in that decade. It has soothed the ache of my bruises as well.”
“So are you ok now Ben?” Kate asked.
“As ok as one can expect I suppose, after a violent and traumatic altercation. Anyway, back to business. The two Germans have clammed up, but clearly we need to find out who they are working for and who else is in danger here. Any blue skies lateral thinking on this.... anyone?”
Chiara looked up:
“Well so far they have attempted to antagonise relations between the US and the Russians. However that is unlikely to result in any direct conflict. I'd have thought that if someone really wanted to stir things up then they'd go for trying to cause some more probable conflicts. You know, where there is already tension.”
“You mean like that between India and Pakistan? Or North and South Korea?” Kate Lethbridge Stewart replied.
“Yeah, exactly”.
Katie Ryan frowned:
“Oh yes, and that wild speculation is founded on exactly what evidence?”
“I'm not claiming it is Katie, we are in a position where all we can do is speculate?” Chiara answered.
“Pffft thats just a cop out. You clearly know nothing and are just trying to impress Ben” Katie replied. Kyle chipped in:
“Well I reckon like that Chiara's right. If they wanna cause a major conflict they I'll bet they'll go for the middle east. Build on the suspicions they've created about the Iranians. Do in someone from Israel then … pow... the s*** really 'its the fan”. Warrington-Pace & Kate Lethbridge Stewart looked at each other:
“You're right. Come on, lets check on the Israeli delegation right now” Warrington-Pace said.
“Good thinking Kyle, come on!” Ben added.

They all rushed upstairs to the suite of rooms where the Israeli delegation were staying and were confronted by two armed men in the corridor:
“Achtung halt!” they shouted, before a bullet whizzed past Ben's head. Warrington-Pace pulled out an automatic pistol and fired back at them while security men appeared. One of the Germans was shot in the leg and both were captured. The wounded man, delirious with pain, started to babble:
“I'm sorry , I have failed you... I vill never forgive myself for mein inadequacy”
“Who the hell is he talking to?” Katie asked.
“A camera.... someone is watching this on the security cameras.... where is the control centre based?” Ben asked.
“In the basement” Warrington-Pace answered.

Ben led the way downstairs to the basement and towards the control room. As he approached, he noticed that the door was ajar:
“This is suspicious. I think it maybe a trap.”
However it was too late. The security men who had followed from upstairs pulled guns on Ben and the others. Warrington-Pace was disarmed. Then, from out of the shadows, emerged three armed Draconians.
“Do not attempt to resist. It seems that our plans need to progress onto plan B”. Ben recognised them from stories told by the Doctor:
“Why does the Draconian Empire want to stir up trouble on earth? You have shown no interest in aggressive expansion in this area of the galaxy before?” A Draconian frowned:
“Ah, I see we have an informed human here. Actually the Empire has gone into economic decline and we desperately need to seek out new and cheap sources of forced labour. Our associate assures us that this planet has a surplus of low quality people ideal for slave work.”
“Who the hell is your associate?” Ben asked, asked, angrily.
“Oh haven't you guessed yet, Benjamin Chatham?” a voice said from within the darkened control room. Ben walked into the room and saw a man sitting in the corner of the room, bathed in shadows. Suddenly the light switch went on and Ben found himself staring into the face of.......

…................. to be continued.

sparacus
sparacus
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by sparacus Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:12 pm

WAR & PEACE: Part 6

Ben found himself staring into the face of.....

….....Adolf Hitler!
“You!” Ben exclaimed.
“Quite so Benjamin. Since I escaped after our last encounter, I have fondly anticipated meeting you again.” Ben winced:
“Well the feeling certainly isn't mutual. Why the hell are you working for the Draconian Empire? During my travels with the Doctor I learned a great deal about them. They hardly fit your definition of Aryans.” Hitler stared at Ben:
“Oh come now Benjamin. Sometimes alliances are necessary with non-unions, such as my alliance with the Japanese. The Draconians will let me rule the earth and in return I will supply their Empire with a plentiful supply of cheap labour, namely the untermenschen: slavs, Jews, gypsies and persons of mixed race. Then the Deutsch will have living space to multiply.”
“Its just the same old twaddle from you Hitler. Have you never thought about changing the record?” Ben asked, defiantly. Hitler stared at him:
“You are a fool Ben Chatham. I could offer you a place in highest ranks of the National Socialist movement if you would only agree. I can tell from looking at you that you have aryan blood coursing through your veins, although you do look rather pasty faced.” Ben is angry:
“I would never work for the Nazis. And I am not pasty-faced, I'm just tired. I've been through hell over the last few months, forced to go through a marriage just to please my parents. And now I've got a splitting headache coming on.” Hitler banged his fist on the arm of the chair:
“You English have gone soft! Weak public school educated, decadent pipsqueaks. Soon I will be Fuhrer of the earth, *raising voice* , I will crush the zionist filth, kill the vermin races, crush the blacks and the slavs, *shouting*, kill the weak, weed out the maggots and the scum of humanity!”
Ben stares back, defiantly flicking his hair back:
“You really are a nasty piece of work Hitler. You know I have a headache and your shouting has just made it worse.”
Hitler gestured to his guards:
“Take these English away and lock them up, then take the Israelis and the Americans out into the woods behind the house and shoot them. We will then use Draconian technology to broadcast false messages claiming to be Iranian-backed terrorists. The whole middle-east will go up and then it will be World War Three. And when the dust settles the Draconian invasion will be so much easier!”

Later, Ben and the others are locked in the wine cellar. Warrington-Pace pours them each a glass of Chateau-De-Compais:
“We may as well make the best of this situation” he comments. Ben is sat in a corner with his chin resting on his knees. His blonde hair has fallen over his eyes and he is lost in the depths of his inner gloom. Chiara goes over to him:
“Hey Ben, don't worry, we'll find a way out of this somehow.”
“Its all gone wrong Chiara. Everything. This situation is just the final straw. I didn't want to get married, but my father was threatening to disown me if I didn't. I know I've not been fair to Emma in some ways, yet I have given her status and a nice home. But she wants more. And now the icing on the cake is this wretched mess. Nazis and Draconians about to enslave the earth and its all down to me to stop it. I don't think I can cope.” Chiara rests her hand on Ben's shoulder:
“Look Ben, everyone has self-doubt. But look at what you've achieved so far. It must take real skill and determination to run an organisation like yours.”
Meanwhile, Kyle is using a piece of wire from part of the wine rack to pick at the lock:
“When I was like doin' break-ins I could do this in a jiffy. I'm losin' it......'ang on its unlocked. Waheay!” Ben looked up:
“Thanks Chiara and Kyle. Come on, lets stop Hitler before he shoots the delegates.”

…........... to be continued.
sparacus
sparacus
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

The New Ben Chatham Story: "WAR AND PEACE" Empty WAR & PEACE Part 7

Post by sparacus Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:32 pm

WAR & PEACE : Part 7
They rushed out of the cellar and up the stairs. As they reached the top, two German guards appeared.
“Achtung halt!” one of them shouted. Kyle kicked out, knocking the gun out of the guard's hand before punching him in the teeth. Warrington-Pace grabbed the other one and flung him down the stairs. They ran out into the house and out into the grounds. Ben saw the German guards in the distance, marching a group of people towards the woods. Fortunately, Ben had picked up the gun that Kyle had kicked out of the German's hand and he held it up and fired into the air. The groupin the distance turned around.
“Oh great. So now they are going to come and shoot us instead. Nice work Ben, I don't think!” Katie Ryan angrily shouted. Ben looked calm:
“There is no need to panic Katie. We will lure them into the house and then run out of the back.”

They rush back into the house, Kyle and Ben overpowering another guard who was emerging from the bathroom. Ben rifled through his jacket and found his mobile. He tossed it to Kate-Lethbridge Stewarty who phoned for UNIT back-up troops. However as they ran through the house, three armed Draconians and Hitler appeared.
“Stop where you are!” a Draconian tersely commanded. The Germans from outside appeared.
“What are you doing in here? Where are the Jews and Americans?” Hitler demanded.
“Vee had to leave them in the woods Mein Fuhrer.”
“You idiots! I'll have you shot for this. Go and round them up again now!”
However before Hitler has finished, the sound of military trucks arriving could be heard. One of the Germans looked out of the window:
“Its UNIT troops Mein Fuhrer. Lots of them.”
“Gott in himmel. I am surrounded by idiots. Still, they will not storm this house while we have these hostages. We will adopt a siege defence position” Hitler shouted.
“It must remind you of the bunker all of this” Katie Ryan sardonically stated. Hitler glared at her:
“I detest women who don't know their place”. Katie put her hands on her elegant hips:
“Bothered Hitler. Bothered!”

They were marched into the drawing room where they sat on armchairs while German guards paced up and down. The Draconians and Hitler went into the study to converse while Warrington-Pace poured everyone a glass of brandy.
“I don't see that Hitler has any option but to surrender” he stated. Ben looked up:
“From my knowledge of World War Two I do not think that surrender is part of Hitler's vocabulary. He will go down fighting and take us with him if necessary. Our only hope is to reason with the Draconians. From what the Doctor told me they are a highly rational species and if they realise that the earth is more trouble than its worth they will leave.”
“I agree with Ben” Kate Lethbridge-Stewart added. Suddenly Hitler burst back into the room with a group of SS guards.
“We have decided to show UNIT that we mean business. One of you hostages is to be shot. And just to make it interesting, you get to vote as to which of your number it is.......”
….......... to be continued.
sparacus
sparacus
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by sparacus Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:35 pm

OK people, here is the dramatic final part of this story:

WAR & PEACE Part 8

"You have ten minutes to converse with each other and decide who you wish to be shot. Then Klaus here will take them to the cellar and do his duty", Hitler stated before turning and marching out of the room, followed by the SS.
"Well I vote for Kyle!" Katie exclaimed, a sardonic grin on her face. Ben frowned:
"That was not funny Katie. Obviously, as team leader, it is my responsibility to be shot. However I have no desire for this eventuality to manifest itself and therefore I suggest that we have a mind-mapping session and pool ideas."
"There is no way that we will allow you to be shot Ben", Kate Lethbridge-Stewart said, giving Ben an affectionate hug. Warrington-Pace stood up and poured himself a large brandy:
"Look, as the British Ambassador, I am the most senior person in this room. If anyone is to put their head on the block then it should be me. I admire Ben's courage, however I will be the one they take to the cellar." Kyle picked up the brandy bottle:
"Look, the only thing we can do like is to fight. Go for 'em when they come back in!"

A short time later, Hitler and the SS guards marched back into the room:
"You will name the person who is to be shot or Klaus here will take three of you at random" Hitler shouted. Suddenly Kyle and Ben, who had been hiding behind the door, made a lunge for him and grabbed him, pulling Hitler in front of themselves. Kyle held a chunk of broken brandy bottle to Hitler's throat:
"Drop all of you weapons or Kyle will slit your fuhrer's throat!" Ben exclaimed. The SS guards gave him steely looks:
"Vot shall we do Mein Fuhrer?" Klaus asked.
"Got in Himmel, do as he says you fool" Hitler shouted. The SS guards dropped their guns. Kate Lethbridge-Stewart picked one up and fired a shot through the window that shattered the glass:
"Come on guys, help us!" she shouted to the UNIT soldiers in the bushes outside. They ran towards the house, opening fire at the Germans in the grounds. Klaus suddenly lunged at Kate, grabbing his pistol out of her hand, however Katie Ryan smashed a wine bottle into his face and he yelped back in pain. UNIT soldiers smashed through the french windows and into the room, rounding up the Germans. Hitler is incandescent with rage:
"You English are fools. You think you can stop me now? The Draconian battle fleet is orbiting this planet as we speak. They will invade and hand the earth to me. I will give the untermenschen and the mongrels and the aryan race will be free to repopulate the earth. My Fourth Reich will last a thousand years...." Kate Lethbridge Stewart interupts him:
"Actually UNIT HQ have just confirmed that the alien battlefleet have left the solar system. We have received a communication from them apologising for their involvement. It seems that without a major conflict starting on earth it has proven too potentially costly and dangerous for them to attempt conquest. You've been left high and dry Hitler!"

As Kate speaks, there is a commotion in the hallway. The door flies open and in walks.......

.........Barry Tuck, with his guitar.
"What the hell are you doing here Tuck?" Ben shouts.
"Hey up pal, keep you're ¤¤¤¤in hair on. I thought I'd come for a weekend break with you all, theres bound to be some high class crumpet at these kind of dos. Used me OD membership card to get past those ¤¤¤¤¤ on the door *notices Hitler* hey, you didn't say it was a fancy dress do, I'd 'ave brought me Mussolini costume".
"This is a peace conference Tuck, not a weekend break with the lads!" Ben shouted,disgustedly.
"Alright keep your ¤¤¤¤in hair on . You said in the Mermaid you was off here for the weekend. *Notices Kate Lethbridge Stewart* Alright love. Hows about we go upstairs and check out the bed. I need to warm up before the main course tonight with some posh bird."
"Shut it Tuck. We have just saved the earth from Hitler and the Draconians. The real Hitler!" Katie Ryan shouts.
"What? This ¤¤¤¤ is the real Hitler. Hey, don't mention the war, achtung achtung, sieg heil, seig heil..." Tuck replies, grinning.
"Who is this insolent oaf?" Hitler asked, "When I take over this planet I will hunt you down and have you shot. You are going on my death list."
Tuck lifts up his guitar:
"Ok c***flaps, lets all have a sing song:
Hitler has only got one ball,
Goering has two but very small,
Himmler has something similar
And poor old Goebbels has no balls at all...

As Tuck sings, Hitler lifts up the sleeve of his shirt to reveal an alien wristband device.
"I will return. Then you will all pay for your insolence".
He pressed the wristband and vanished.

Later, Ben, Katie and Kyle were lunching with Chiara and Kate before driving home.
"I'm so pleased that you have decided to return to my team on a regular basis Chiara" Ben stated.
"Thanks Ben." As she spoke, Ben's mobile rang. He saw that it was his wife Emma calling and tossed the phone to Kyle:
"Kyle just tell her we are still busy with the case. I just can't face her.... I just can't"
Ben buried his face in his hands.

............THE END
sparacus
sparacus
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down