Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunted - 8th Doctor fanfic series - General discussion thread and writers request

2 posters

Go down

Hunted - 8th Doctor fanfic series - General discussion thread and writers request Empty Hunted - 8th Doctor fanfic series - General discussion thread and writers request

Post by Johnstone McGuckian Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:11 pm

Some of you may have seen the Hunted series that myself and Predator have had going on DWF since last year. The first story, The Ghost of Peladon, can be found in this section and we'll be adding other stories soon. The series sees the 8th Doctor persued by bounty hunter Dax Oslea.

We're looking for writers for the 3rd series. Stories can be as short as 2 parts (20 pages total) or as long as 4 parts (40 pages total), and will be in script format. For the 3rd series we're hoping for a format change (which will result in some mild crossovers with Blake's 7). There'll be an overall storyline but it'll be easy to follow and certainly easy to write inbetween, I'll PM details to anyone who signs up. The series won't go online for about a year yet so there's plenty of writing time. Please let me know if you're interested as this series is limitless in length, it'll be however long writers make it. Feel free to write multiple stories if you wish.

I find that the program Celtx is best for writing script and certainly looks best when formatted, but it's not essensial. I didn't use it for my series 1 stories but will be using it from series 2 onwards.

Feel free to shout up if you have any questions at all.
Johnstone McGuckian
Johnstone McGuckian
Youngster Mod

Number of posts : 1722
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Hunted - 8th Doctor fanfic series - General discussion thread and writers request Empty Re: Hunted - 8th Doctor fanfic series - General discussion thread and writers request

Post by Johnstone McGuckian Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:52 am

I've written up the series 3 details so if anyone would like me to send then just let me know.
Johnstone McGuckian
Johnstone McGuckian
Youngster Mod

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Hunted - 8th Doctor fanfic series - General discussion thread and writers request Empty Re: Hunted - 8th Doctor fanfic series - General discussion thread and writers request

Post by Dave Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:33 am

it sounds quite good, i've downloaded that Celtx, looks really useful.
Dave
Dave
Youngster

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnstone McGuckian Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:07 am

Celtx is brilliant. It's what I used to write my film script.
Johnstone McGuckian
Johnstone McGuckian
Youngster Mod

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:21 am

i've read the message, sounds really interesting and the characters are good.
Dave
Dave
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnstone McGuckian Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:57 am

I can pencil you in for a story if you'd like?
Johnstone McGuckian
Johnstone McGuckian
Youngster Mod

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:54 am

thanks, that'll be great Very Happy
Dave
Dave
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnstone McGuckian Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:14 am

The final 2 stories of series 1, both written by me, have gone online over on GB. All comments would be much appriciated. I shall be re-posting them over here with the rest of the series soon...

Dax

The Fall of Time
Johnstone McGuckian
Johnstone McGuckian
Youngster Mod

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnstone McGuckian Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:13 am

Right, after a break we're getting going with this one again. Series 3 has a sort of Blake's 7 format and we're still looking for writers. Please feel free to let me know if you need more details Smile
Johnstone McGuckian
Johnstone McGuckian
Youngster Mod

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnstone McGuckian Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:59 am

As you all know I've been getting much more serious about writing over the last year and fanfic has taken a back seat as a result of this. Yet I hate to start a project without finishing which is why the next series of Hunted begins today with The Red Treaty.
Johnstone McGuckian
Johnstone McGuckian
Youngster Mod

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down