Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favourite story from Series 5?

+13
John the Vic
Starfighter Pilot
Patrick
Kate
Rich Flair
Lucy McGough
stanmore
andrea
Nick Barlow
barnaby morbius
Dingdongalistic
Johnstone McGuckian
The Co=Ordinator
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Your favourite story from Series 5 is...

What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Bar_left30%What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Bar_right 30% 
[ 6 ]
What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Bar_left0%What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Bar_left0%What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Bar_left5%What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Bar_right 5% 
[ 1 ]
What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Bar_left10%What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Bar_right 10% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Bar_left35%What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Bar_right 35% 
[ 7 ]
What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Bar_left10%What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Bar_right 10% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 20

What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favourite story from Series 5?

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:29 am

Zoltar wrote:Somehow I missed this thread before, so I'll add my vote for The Eleventh Hour.
Ooppps! I actually forgot to vote for my favourite too. For me it was Vincent and the Doctor - particularly Tony Curran's absolutely stellar guest performance. It's not absolutely perfect - I feel the inclusion of the dedication to Amy on the painting was a serious misjudgement in tone; but overall an absolutely emotional and affecting episode.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards : What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Poster10
What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Person10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favourite story from Series 5?

Post by The Co=Ordinator Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:33 am

Interesting to look at the poll a few months down the line. Two episodes clearly stood out for Wrinklydom.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
Awards : What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Person10
What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Richfl10

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:37 am

Yes, that actually is rather interesting - and telling. How often would we see such a clearly defined consensus for a DW series since its return if we were to look?
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:38 am

Dunno. Perhaps you could undertake the research my dear Eocene. Razz
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:43 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:Ooppps! I actually forgot to vote for my favourite too. For me it was Vincent and the Doctor - particularly Tony Curran's absolutely stellar guest performance. It's not absolutely perfect - I feel the inclusion of the dedication to Amy on the painting was a serious misjudgement in tone; but overall an absolutely emotional and affecting episode.
That's probably my second favorite of the series, and I agree that Tony Curran did a fantastic job.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Poster10
What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Kindes10
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:43 am

Hmmmm...I rather think such research would fall rather more naturally to Patrick's purview, don't you?

It is interesting though that two, on the surface, differing episodes run neck-and-neck. Although come to think of it are they really that different? Perhaps it's the emotional content in each that we Wrinklies reacted to...?

I dunno. Perhaps we should thrown the question open to everyone in the hope of gaining a deeper understanding.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by andrea Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:52 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:
Zoltar wrote:Somehow I missed this thread before, so I'll add my vote for The Eleventh Hour.
Ooppps! I actually forgot to vote for my favourite too. For me it was Vincent and the Doctor - particularly Tony Curran's absolutely stellar guest performance. It's not absolutely perfect - I feel the inclusion of the dedication to Amy on the painting was a serious misjudgement in tone; but overall an absolutely emotional and affecting episode.
Yes, that dedication was the one serious mistake IMO too. I found it jarring because I know the dedication's not there.

Actually, there is something else that bothers me (just a little bit!) about a number of the episodes since the return and that is when the weather/time of year/time of day aren't what they apparently should be. I know it can't be helped but I do find myself a bit taken out of the story when the church scenes in Vincent do appear to be happening on a cold evening in a Welsh winter rather than a sunny day in the south of France. I also feel the village scenes in Amy's Choice should occur on a warm, sunny day to suit what Rory would imagine as a blissful life. Nitpicking of course...
andrea
andrea
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 695
Awards : What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Kindes10

Back to top Go down

Post by andrea Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:57 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Interesting to look at the poll a few months down the line. Two episodes clearly stood out for Wrinklydom.
What a poll of 'favourite episode' can't do is show whether those two episodes are absolute standout episodes or whether each wrinkly who voted for them thinks them just a little bit more favourite than a whole bunch of other episodes.
andrea
andrea
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:00 am

We could do a Top Three or something like that. Do you think it would be of interest andrea?
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:31 am

andrea wrote:Yes, that dedication was the one serious mistake IMO too. I found it jarring because I know the dedication's not there.
I'm pleased I'm not the only one who thought so.

andrea wrote:Actually, there is something else that bothers me (just a little bit!) about a number of the episodes since the return and that is when the weather/time of year/time of day aren't what they apparently should be. I know it can't be helped but I do find myself a bit taken out of the story when the church scenes in Vincent do appear to be happening on a cold evening in a Welsh winter rather than a sunny day in the south of France. I also feel the village scenes in Amy's Choice should occur on a warm, sunny day to suit what Rory would imagine as a blissful life. Nitpicking of course...
Slightly nitpicky it might be. But it is a very good point, now that you've called attention to it.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:32 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:We could do a Top Three or something like that. Do you think it would be of interest andrea?
Well naturally I can't speak for andrea, but it's certainly something that would interest me.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Flair Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:34 am

andrea wrote:
The Co=Ordinator wrote:Interesting to look at the poll a few months down the line. Two episodes clearly stood out for Wrinklydom.
What a poll of 'favourite episode' can't do is show whether those two episodes are absolute standout episodes or whether each wrinkly who voted for them thinks them just a little bit more favourite than a whole bunch of other episodes.

More like they were the only good episodes!
Rich Flair
Rich Flair
Master Deviant

Number of posts : 1656

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:38 am

Rich Flair wrote:More like they were the only good episodes!
Dunno about that. But they were certainly the most memorable in a lot of ways.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:16 am

Top Three Thread now open for business. Smile
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:19 am

Super Dooper! Smile*

*dammnit! now I'm going to have to go back and rewatch the series to refresh my memory
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by barnaby morbius Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:48 am

not rewatched any of this series yet- might pick up the box for xmas.
barnaby morbius
barnaby morbius
What about moi computer?

Number of posts : 1609
What is your favourite story from Series 5? - Page 2 Lionhe10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:50 am

barnaby morbius wrote:not rewatched any of this series yet- might pick up the box for xmas.
I'm hoping Santa brings it for me.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by andrea Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:07 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:We could do a Top Three or something like that. Do you think it would be of interest andrea?
It might well be very interesting but will surely still not tell the whole story...

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Top Three Thread now open for business. Smile
Ah, I see it is now of interest.

Rich Flair wrote:
andrea wrote:

More like they were the only good episodes!
The funny thing is, there were quite a lot of stories I enjoyed (whether that means they were 'good' I wouldn't care to say) and yet... and yet... I still feel a vague sense of dissatisfaction with the series as a whole. I can't quite say why.
andrea
andrea
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:12 am

andrea wrote:[The funny thing is, there were quite a lot of stories I enjoyed (whether that means they were 'good' I wouldn't care to say) and yet... and yet... I still feel a vague sense of dissatisfaction with the series as a whole. I can't quite say why.
Perhaps because the series overall gave out a very "transitional" or bridging vibe between the two creative heads/lead actors? I certainly felt an undercurrent of that with my viewing of it.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:37 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:
barnaby morbius wrote:not rewatched any of this series yet- might pick up the box for xmas.
I'm hoping Santa brings it for me.
Same here.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:42 am

Zoltar wrote:Same here.
We'll both be keeping our fingers crossed then.* Smile

*which makes typing a bit fiddly.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:45 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:
Zoltar wrote:Same here.
We'll both be keeping our fingers crossed then.* Smile

*which makes typing a bit fiddly.
Well, I haven't bought one for myself yet during 1-4 or the specials, so the odds are good for me. Very Happy
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:13 am

[quote="Zoltar"]
Sid Seadevil wrote:Well, I haven't bought one for myself yet during 1-4 or the specials, so the odds are good for me. Very Happy
Those are dammned good odds. I wish my odds were that high.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:16 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:Those are dammned good odds. I wish my odds were that high.
Fingers crossed, my friend. Smile
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:18 am

Zoltar wrote:Fingers crossed, my friend. Smile
Thanks old man. I hope Santa realises that I've been a really well behaved boy this year. Smile
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next