Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C=O proudly presents 'Aladdin'

+12
Nick Barlow
Aspadistra
Rich Flair
Patrick
barnaby morbius
Frank
Zoltar
Colin Hicks
millerqueen
Lucy McGough
Sid Seadevil
The Co=Ordinator
16 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

C=O proudly presents 'Aladdin' - Page 3 Empty Re: C=O proudly presents 'Aladdin'

Post by Zoltar Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:06 pm

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Just a few teasers Zoltar.

* My final Pantomime is planned to be Rapunzel. cyclops
* Music to include the title song from "Hair" and also "Smoke on the Water". Drinkin Dalek

* There will be an heroic battle against the most evil villain of all time, that will feature "The Children on Pantomime". Razz
The use of "Hair" is inspired. Very Happy
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Awards : C=O proudly presents 'Aladdin' - Page 3 Person10
C=O proudly presents 'Aladdin' - Page 3 Poster10
C=O proudly presents 'Aladdin' - Page 3 Kindes10
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

C=O proudly presents 'Aladdin' - Page 3 Empty Re: C=O proudly presents 'Aladdin'

Post by Rich Flair Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:51 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:OK guys, so that looks like Frank, Geoff, Colin and Barnaby for 2.30pm on 10th January. Any more for this unique Wrinkly Event? Remember the venue, which is only 5 minutes walk from Greenford Underground Station, has two bars which will be open from lunchtime till late!! Very Happy

Yes, me!
Rich Flair
Rich Flair
Master Deviant

Number of posts : 1656
Awards : C=O proudly presents 'Aladdin' - Page 3 Poster10
C=O proudly presents 'Aladdin' - Page 3 Richfl10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:10 am

Hooray!! I shall be contacting potential attendees over the next few days with further details. Very Happy
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:40 am

Scene Two

Tabs out. The Palace set. Lights up to reveal The Sultan and Sultana on their thrones. The Nabob and Nurse Tai Rack are in discussion mid stage left. The Grand Wazir enters very gingerly stage right, moving slowly towards the two as they converge stage front centre.

Nurse: My dear Grand Wazir, I’m very sorry if this will cause you any inconvenience, but could you please give us a minute of your valuable time?

Wazir: I’m really not sure about that. What do you want?

Nabob: As a hobby I like to dabble in matters medical. Nurse Tai Rack and I couldn’t help but notice that you seem to have developed a condition of some sort since Act One, and we were wondering whether you would allow us to partake in spot diagnosis.

Wazir: Spot diagnosis. What’s that?

Nurse: It’s very simple. Purely by observing your movements, and assessing the symptoms, we try and diagnose your ailment.

Wazir: Oh really?

Nabob: Yes honestly. Please may we?

Wazir: Very well, if you must, but be quick about it.

Nurse: Excellent. Now……from what I’ve seen I’d say that you’ve somehow slipped a disc.

Nabob: A reasonable effort Madam, but I have to disagree. In my opinion it’s clear that you are suffering from haemorrhoids.

Wazir: Right let me see. (Points at Nurse) You thought I’ve got a slipped disc: and you were wrong. (Nurse looks deflated whilst Nabob is perky. Wazir now points at Nabob). And you thought that I had haemorrhoids: and you were wrong. (Nabob looks crestfallen)

Nurse: Goodness me. In which case, what on earth is your problem?

Wazir: I thought I was about to break wind. And I was wrong. Good day (Waddles off stage left, en-route passing Dingbat as he enters).

Dingbat: Blimey, what up with my Old Man?

Nabob: I’ve got a gut feeling all’s not well.

Nurse: Yes, he’s a bit like a ship that’s been struck by a torpedo.

Dingbat: How do you mean?

Nabob: There’s trouble down below.

Dingbat: Oh right. (Pause) By the way Nurse Tai Rack. I’m beginning to think I’m a moth.

Nurse: That sounds awful. It’s not me you need, it’s a psychiatrist.

Dingbat: I know, I was on my way there, but instead was drawn to the light in here.

Nurse: Still crazy after all these years, I see.

Guards, led by the Commander, enter stage right. Bowing, the Commander goes up to the Sultan.

Commander: Sagacity.

Sultan: Yes, Commander – what is it?

Commander: I bring news from the Market Square.

Sultana: Topical gag

Commander: No Ma’am. Instead I bring news of amazing events. The ringleader of the ragamuffins has undergone a remarkable transformation.

Nabob: What, has he become a werewolf?

Dingbat: No, I believe he used to be a werewolf but he’s alright nooooooooooooooooooow.

Sultan: (Casts a wry glance at Nurse and Nabob – they pretend to be concerned). Please let the Commander finish.

Commander: Well Sire, it appears that this lad’s previous behaviour and appearance was an act and that, in reality, he is actually the wealthiest person in all of old Peking.

All court members step back in amazement and gasp in unison.

Hi Ho: He’s been handing out goodies left, right and centre. (Visual gag. The Guards try to indicate in appropriate directions, but it all goes horribly wrong!)

Ho Hum: Yeah, he even gave some to us. (Guards reveal trinkets etc.)

Sultan: (Amazed) Who is this person?

Commander: I thought you might ask that Sagacity, so I took the liberty of bringing him back. His name is Aladdin, and here he is now. (Indicates off stage right with this arm. Aladdin enters. Clearly overawed he looks and moves around the set in bewilderment. The Sultan and Sultana are amused. Sultan stands up).

Sultan: Aladdin my boy – come here.

Aladdin cowers a little before moving forward, stuttering as he speaks.

Aladdin: Ye, ye ye, yes your Excellence.

Sultan: (Moving forward and puts arm around Aladdin) Don’t be shy lad. No-one’s going to harm you. Now I hear that you have been acting in a most chivalrous and beneficent manner.

Aladdin: Wha, wha, what do you mean?

Sultan: You know precisely what I mean Aladdin. I think what you’ve been doing is absolutely wonderful. I wish I could do the same, but unfortunately the Credit Crunch has made things a bit tough around here.

Feng Shui suddenly dashes on stage left.

Feng Shui: Father. (Catching a glimpse of Aladdin, she stops suddenly. Musical effect to indicate love at first sight. Princess moves up to Aladdin). Well hello there big boy, where have you come from?

Aladdin: (Knees knocking) Fe, Fe, Fe Feng Shui. Princess Feng Shui. Is it you?

Feng Shui: Yup, that’s me!

Aladdin: (Bowing very low) You’re even more gorgeous and fantastic close up than when you processed through the Market Square last week.

Feng Shui: Market Square? Ah yes of course. I knew I recognised your face.

Sultana: (Stands) Feng Shui. It would appear that this young man is a benevolent benefactor of the people. And try saying that after a couple of bottles of Tsingtao.

Feng Shui: Blimey (To audience) It appears that I’ve found the man of my dreams!

Sultan: (To Sultana) My dear, our prayers have been answered!

Sultana: How do you mean?

Sultan points first at Feng Shui, and then Aladdin before blowing an exaggerated kiss.

Sultana: Really? Do you think so? (Turns to audience) Boys and Girls, do you think that Feng Shui and Aladdin are going to fall in love? (Audience interaction).

Sultan: In which case, may I suggest that the two of you take some time out and get to know each other a bit better?

Feng Shui: (Very excited) You bet Dad! (Pulls Aladdin off stage left).

Sultan: Problem sorted, as they say.

Sultana: Fingers crossed, let’s hope so! (All on stage nod in agreement)

Blackout. Tabs In.

This scene originally had another element to it, but unfortunately I've had to take it out - which will probably reduce the running time by 4 or 5 minutes. To make up for that, "Top Gear" is being further embellished. At the moment I'm expecting the show to run for almost spot on 2 hours plus interval, probably 63 minutes Act One and 57 minutes Act Two. Although a definitive time won't be sorted until the final Dress Rehearsal!
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspadistra Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:48 pm

*licks choc ice and waits*
Aspadistra
Aspadistra
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:53 pm

That line would be good enough for use in the show! Razz

Just to say that the DVD of "Aladdin" is scheduled for release on 1st February 2009. The price will be £13 plus p+p, to include the full show plus a few little extras that my man puts on. Filming will take place at both the opening and final performances.

If you're interested in buying a copy, please let me know by PM. Very Happy
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by millerqueen Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:59 am

http://www.johnfscott.co.uk/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=23125

official panto photoes, I'm in three and you can actually recognise me in one of them Very Happy these were taken on our final dress rehearsal, no not all costumes were complete.
millerqueen
millerqueen
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 217
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:15 am

Blimey, lots of bees there. And someone's got a big chopper!
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by millerqueen Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:15 am

the woyal woodsmen, choppit and splinter Very Happy
millerqueen
millerqueen
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 217
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:07 pm

Hooray for Choppit and Splinter!

Quick further plug for Aladdin. Tickets still available; roll up, roll up. Razz
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:08 am

Scene Three

Tabs out to reveal the House, once again adorned with a table and chairs. This time on the table is the lamp. Widow Twankey and Alassout are again cleaning.

Twankey: I do hope Aladdin is alright. I keep telling him to take his mobile, but he always forgets.

Alassout: I’m sure he’s fine Mum. From what some of the townspeople said, The Commander of the Guard was really impressed with what he’s been doing.

Twankey: I’d be more impressed if he’d help out with the cleaning.

Alassout: Why not get him to ask the Genie to help out. I’m sure he could!

Genie: (Voice only from off stage) Excuse me, I’d don’t do cleaning!

Twankey: Men, they’re all the same! (Suddenly lots of excited noise is heard from off stage left) My, oh my – that’s one hell of a commotion. What on earth is going on?

Alassout: (Looks off stage left) It looks like Aladdin is back. And he seems to have brought the Ragamuffins with him.

Aladdin and the Ragamuffins enter stage left.

Aladdin: (To audience) Hiya Gang! (Audience interaction) Hey Mum, I just had to dash back and tell you what happened at the Palace. And guess what, en route (points to Ragamuffins) look who I bumped into!

Twankey: Oh joy. Oh bliss. Oh nappy rash – I mean happiness.

Dum Gai: Hi Mrs. T!

Sum Ting: Yeah it’s great to see you. Again.

Mai Bee: How are you doing?

Twankey: This Lady’s not for turning (Takes Aladdin to one side) I thought we agreed during the interval that you wouldn’t bring them back here again.

Aladdin: But Mum! They’re my mates. I mean how could I not have brought them back?

Alassout: Easy really bruv. Think of a 2 letter word that’s an anagram of “ON”.

Aladdin: (Thinks exaggeratedly) Um, oooh, aaah. Blimey, that’s a bit too tricky for me. (To audience) Boys and girls, do you know what the answer is? (Get audience to say NO, and play on the gag). Blimey Mum, if the audience don’t know, what chance do I have?

Twankey: (Slapping Aladdin) You stupid boy!

Aladdin: Anyway Mum, I need to tell you and Alassout what happened at the Palace. But as the audience have only just watched that, let’s take it as read and move on.

Ping Pong: Don’t you think there’s someone else who should know Aladdin?

Dim Sum: Yeah, after all without his help you would never have been invited to the Palace.

Aladdin: Who do you mean guys?

No Pah King: The Genie perhaps?

Aladdin: Oh blimey, of course – how could I forget? (Rushes up to the lamp)

Twankey: (Dismissively) Quite easily by the look of it.

Aladdin: (Dashes back with the lamp) Allons y! (Rubs lamp, Genie enters stage right and ad libs gag about lack of budget –when finished...) Hey Genie, have I got news for you!

Genie: Oh I do love that programme Al. Paul Merton’s ever so funny: my favourite round just has to be odd one out and –

Alassout: (Interjecting) I think Aladdin meant he has something to tell you Genie.

Genie: Oh right. Sure. I’m such a silly Genie. (To audience) Aren’t I boys and girls? (Audience interaction) Anyway, so what is it Al?

Aladdin: It’s Princess Feng Shui and I. We’re head over heels in love.

Ragamuffins: Aaaaaaaah. (To audience) Altogether now. Aaaaaaaah.

Genie: I know Al, I know.

Aladdin: Is that all you’ve got to say Genie? Aren’t you happy for me? For us?

Genie: (Moves across and puts arm around Aladdin) Of course I am. But just a word of caution. Be careful yeah? Your life has changed so much, so quickly. (All on stage make a wide circle around Genie as he makes his speech. They listen intently) Take it one step at a time. Look before you leap. Or rook before your reap as they say in these parts. He who fails to prepare, prepares to fail. Beware of Greeks bearing false gifts. Jam tomorrow and jam yesterday but never jam today. The grass is always greener on the other side. More haste, less speed. Cleanliness is next to Godliness. Slow and steady wins the race. Forewarned is forearmed. You can’t make an omelette without breaking eggs. Don’t cut off your nose to spite your face. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride –

Twankey: (Eventually interjecting) Excuse me, that’s probably enough proverbs for one speech.

Genie: Oh, sorry Lady T.

Aladdin: Genie. I understand what you’re saying. Well sort of! But Feng Shui is wonderful: she’s fantastic. Infact she’s divine and she’s going to be mine.

Genie: I hope you’re right Al. (Puts arm round Aladdin. They move centre stage front, spot on them, dim lights on rest of stage). But even if you’re not, have you ever taken time to consider all the wonders around you? Not just here in old Peking. Or even on planet earth! Whenever life has got you down, and things seem hard or tough, have you ever looked up at the night sky and thought about how huge the whole galaxy is?

Aladdin: Ummm, no – I guess not.

Genie: Well Al. Let me tell you something………….. (Cue music)

SONG – THE GALAXY SONG

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving,
Revolving at nine hundred miles an hour.
That's orbiting at nineteen miles a second so it's reckoned,
A sun that is the source of all our power.
The sun, and you and me, and all the stars that we can see,
Are moving at a million miles a day.
In an outer spiral arm, at forty thousand miles an hour,
Of the galaxy we call the Milky Way.

Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars,
It's a hundred thousand light-years side to side.
It bulges in the middle sixteen thousand light-years thick,
But out by us it's just three thousand light-years wide.
We're thirty thousand light-years from Galactic Central Point,
We go 'round every two hundred million years.
And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions,
In this amazing and expanding universe.

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding,
In all of the directions it can whiz.
As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know,
Twelve million miles a minute and that's the fastest speed there is.
So remember when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth.
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's precious little down here on Earth.

At the end, Genie to lead the audience in singing of third verse. Idiot boards needed.

Blackout.

This is another scene that has undergone quite a few changes over the past 3 or 4 months. Most significanlty we had to drop the original song, Sebastian Tellier's Divine, owing to performing rights issues - which is a shame, espcecially as its now being used for the new Renault advert. Rolling Eyes

But never mind, as in its place comes an Eric Idle stonker that perfectly lends itself to a bit of audiene participation. Smile
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:52 pm

The Co=Ordinator wrote:This is another scene that has undergone quite a few changes over the past 3 or 4 months. Most significanlty we had to drop the original song, Sebastian Tellier's Divine, owing to performing rights issues - which is a shame, espcecially as its now being used for the new Renault advert. Rolling Eyes
Oy. Rolling Eyes

The Co=Ordinator wrote:But never mind, as in its place comes an Eric Idle stonker that perfectly lends itself to a bit of audiene participation. Smile
Excellent. Smile
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:28 am

Scene Four

Lights up to reveal the Market Square. The townspeople are milling around. Carrying the magic lamp, Aladdin enters stage left.

Aladdin: (To audience) Hiya Gang! (Audience Interaction – then turns to townspeople) Do you know what K’Anpo?

K’Anpo: No Aladdin, strangely enough I don’t!

Aladdin: The other day, full of joy & glee I drank no less than eight bottles of fizzy lemonade.

Townspeople: (Using over the top gesticulation) Oooooh!

Cho Je: Blimey that’s an awful lot, isn’t it?

Fu Peng: Didn’t it make you ill?

Aladdin: Well I do have to admit that it gave me indigestion. Indeed it was soooo bad, I had to burp seven up. Anyway, can you do me a favour please?

K’Anpo: Sure, anything you want Aladdin.

Aladdin: Great. I’ve got to dash off and sort out a few things, and don’t want to carry this (points at lamp) round with me. So will it be alright if I leave it with you to take care of? I’ll pick it up again later.

Cho Je: But, it’s just a grotty old lamp Aladdin.

Fu Peng: Yes, I’m surprised you don’t just throw it away, especially with all the wealth you’ve got now.

Aladdin: Ah, yes, well – you see it’s special to me. (Hands lamp to K’Anpo. Then speaks to audience) Gang, the townspeople don’t know what, or rather who, is inside the lamp. So could you please keep an eye on it for me as well. (Audience interaction) Great, thanks a lot! (To townspeople) Right, I’ve got to dash, see you later! (Townspeople wave to Aladdin as he dashes off stage left)

K’Anpo: He really is a strange lad. All that wealth and yet he keeps….(holds nose) …..this tat.

Cho Je: It probably has sentimental value for him.

Fu Peng: Yes, after all, we know that our Aladdin’s a romantic at heart.

A voice is heard from off stage right. It is Abanazar. Townspeople move back.

Abanazar: New lamps for old. New lamps for old.

Followed by Wun Hung Lo, Abanazar enters stage right. Wun Hung is carrying a number of shiny new lamps. Encourage audience interaction by moving stage front and sneering at them etc.

Wun Hung: (Pointing at lamps) Master, tell me again what we’re doing with these?

Abanazar: (Exasperated) They are the key to gaining what is rightfully mine, after Aladdin stole the lamp from me. (Audience interaction Abanazar and Wun Hun). Oh yes he did, etc. Now, as we just saw from afar………..

Wun Hung: (Pointing off stage right) Well actually Master, we were just standing in the wings.

Abanazar: (Cuffing Wun Hung) Fool, you know what I mean. (Regaining poise) As I was saying, Aladdin has decided to start keeping the lamp close to his person, but when he departed the Square a minute ago, it wasn’t with him.

Wun Hung: Do you think he’s lost it?

Abanazar: (Aside) I think you have! No, he’s almost certainly left it here. I also think that (points at townspeople) these simpletons won’t have any idea about its real value. Let’s see, shall we? (Shouts out loudly) New lamps for old, new lamps for old.

Townspeople move forward.

K’Anpo: Did you hear that?

Cho Je: Yes, I could swear that strange person said he is offering new lamps for old.

Fu Peng: (Pointing at magic lamp) Do you think he’d be willing to exchange that old piece of tat?

K’Anpo: I’m sure he will. It’s the least we can do for Aladdin isn’t it! (Get audience to disagree)

Abanazar: (To audience) Be quiet peasants. (To K’Anpo) Would you like one of these lovely shiny new lamps for that horrible thing you’re holding there? It’s all part of old Peking Council’s recycling drive.

K’Anpo: (To audience) Yes, I think so – don’t you? (Audience interaction)

Cho Je: The audience seem a little unsure.

Fu Peng: Pah - unlike us they don’t know a bargain when they see one. It’s the real deal.

K’Anpo: Cheap as chips! Right, well that’s decided then. (Wun Hung displays lamps in an OTT manner) I think we’ll have…. (takes time before deciding) that one please.

Abanazar: A very wise choice, if I may say.

Wun Hung: Absolutely. Congratulations!

Abanazar: (Grabbing the magic lamp) Oh yes, congratulations indeed. Infact, take them all (shoves lamps at K’Anpo) For now I have a far, far greater prize. (Triumphantly holds up the magic lamp) There’s no such thing as a free lunch you fools. And it is I who is at the head of the table for a nine course banquet.

Wun Hung: Complete with half a bottle of wine Master.

Abanazar: (Ignoring Wun Hung) Come Wun Hung. Our destiny awaits.

Abanazar and Wun Hung exit stage right, cackling evilly.

K’Anpo: Blimey, what was all that about?

Cho Je: No idea, what a strange pair.

Fu Peng: Never mind, wait till Aladdin returns. What a surprise we’ve got in store for him…...

Blackout. Tabs In.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Scene Five

Tabs out. The Palace – no thrones. Lights up to reveal Feng Shui looking into an oblong shaped hand held mirror, with Lee Key a deferential distance behind her.

Feng Shui: What do you think of this outfit?

Lee Key: As I keep saying Princess, you are radiant in whatever you choose to put on.

Feng Shui: (Turning round) Come on now Lee Key: drop the formality with me. All I want is the truth!

Lee Key: Alright then! You look absolutely stunning in what you’re wearing. (To audience) Isn’t that right boys and girls. (Audience interaction)

Feng Shui: (To audience) Well thank you very much. (To Lee Key) Aladdin is due any minute now and I really want to look my very best for him. Lee Key, please could you go and get just one more outfit for me to try on. The pink, two piece, polka dot number.

Lee Key: (Taken aback) You’re kidding – right?

Feng Shui: Never been more serious in all my life!

Lee Key: OK. Fair enough! I’ll be back in a jiffy. (exits stage right)

Feng Shui: (To audience) Oh, I’m so happy. My beloved will shortly join me and once he’s here we will be able to continue planning for our wonderful future together.

Whilst Feng Shui has been speaking, Abanazar (carrying the lamp) and Wun Hung Lo have enteredstage left. They creep up behind Fung Shui – get audience to shout out ‘behind you’.

Feng Shui: (To audience) What was that? (Audience interaction). Behind me? Are you sure?? (Ultimately she looks over her right shoulder: no-one is there) Are you having me on boys and girls? (More audience interaction. Abanazar and Wun Hung Lo move stage right behind Feng Shui) All right I’ll look again! (Looks over left shoulder: no-one is there) Come on now – enough is enough. (More audience interaction. Then suddenly the villains pounce, Wun Hung Lo grabbing Feng Shui, who drops mirror) How dare you? Let me go! Let me go this instant!!

Abanazar: A thousand apologies Princess, but I’m afraid we can’t do that. (Feng Shui struggles valiantly, but is unable to get away from Wun Hung Lo’s grasp) I really wouldn’t bother if I were you. For all his many failings, Wun Hung has a vice-like grip.

Wun Hung: What do you mean “for all my faults”?

Abanazar: Not now fool. We have far more important matters in hand. You have The Princess Fung Shui, whilst I have this wonderful lamp.

Feng Shui: (Stops struggling) Look – who are you? How did you get in here? And what are you after?

Abanazar: Taking your questions point by point. Abanazar. Using one of my renowned magic spells. You.

Feng Shui: What?

Abanazar: Yes child. (Runs his fingers through Feng Shui’s hair) I have a very large score to settle with that little weasel Aladdin. And you are my first eight bars.

Wun Hung: You what Master?

Abanazar: Oh for goodness sake. It was merely a piece of alliteration, a play on words. Much more to the point, it’s time for my new friend to join us Wun Hung.

Wun Hung: But you haven’t got any friends Master.

Abanazar: (Enraged) QUIET IMBECILE!!! Right, it’s time for me to conjure up someone. (Rubs lamp. Effects as before. Genie appears stage right)

Genie: (Looking at Abanazar) Hey who are you? What happened to Aladdin?

Abanazar: Why is everybody asking so many questions today?

Wun Hung: Perhaps it’s “National ask a lot of questions day”.

Abanazar cuffs Wun Hung around the ear, but he retains his grip on Feng Shui.

Feng Shui: (To Genie) Blimey, who are you?

Abanazar: (Interjecting just before the Genie can reply) This, young lady, is one of the main reasons why that horrible little ragamuffin Aladdin is now the talk of all China. He stole the lamp from me, but now I have regained control and it is finally with the person to whom it rightfully belongs. (To Genie) Genie, you know that you have to obey my every command.

Genie: Unfortunately – yes.

Abanazar: Excellent. In which case you can save me a lot of trouble by transporting us to my camp in Morocco – right now.

Genie: Oh do I have to? I really fancied a trip to the French Alps for a bit of fun on the piste.

Abanazar: No! Morocco. NOW!!

Genie: Very well Boss, follow me.

The four exit stage right. Aladdin, Sultan, Sultana, Nabob & Dingbat rush in stage left.

Aladdin: Feng Shui! Feng Shui!

Nabob: (Looking around)What’s happened?

Sultan : Where is our daughter?

Sultana: And, for that matter, where is the Grand Wazir?

Dingbat: I believe my Old Man is currently visiting the local pharmacy to stock up his supply of immodium.

Sultan : More to the point, where are The Commander and his Guards when you need them?

Nabob: Comedic response

Nurse rushes in stage right with Lee Key.

Aladdin: (Moving up to, and holding, Lee Key) Lee Key, can you tell us what happened?

Lee Key: (Shaking) I went to get The Princess some clothes to try on. As I was coming back, there was a man dressed all in black commanding a Genie to take them, The Princess and another man to far off Morocco.

Sultana: What can this mean? Where is Feng Shui?

Aladdin: Your Highness, she is exactly where Lee Key said. Morocco. (Exaggerated gasps of amazement from all on stage. Aladdin turns to audience moving stage front.) Ever since the townsfolk told me that they had been fooled into exchanging the magic lamp, I knew that he was here in old Peking. To gain his revenge. And to do that he has taken away the one I love. (Cupping hands) Well let me tell you Mr. Abanazar, I don’t give up so easily. And you’re not as smart as you’d like to think. (Points to ring on finger) If you were, you wouldn’t have missed out on this little delight.

Aladdin rubs ring, flash effect for appearance of Slave of the Ring. All Palace people step back in amazement.

Slave: Evening all.

Sultan : Aladdin, what in the name of –

Aladdin: Fear not Sire. The Slave of the Ring is here to help.

Sultana: But, but –

Slave: Don’t worry yourself love. I’ll explain what’s going on later.

Aladdin: Slave, we have a journey far to go, my beloved calls me, I must not say no.

Slave: (Winking) Where to, big boy?

Aladdin: Morocco.

Slave: Morocco it is. (Pauses) Excuse me, stand well clear please. (Palace people move back) Right, lift off!

Blackout.

Out of deference those fine folk who will be attending the show next Saturday, I'm not going to post the last 20-25 minutes until it's all history. That'll keep you on your toes for the odd twist and turn. Perhaps. cyclops pirat
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:06 am

Morning all. I know there's lots going on in the world of Who and beyond, but for me today means one thing - the start of show week: hooray, it's been a long time coming but now we're there! I crave your indulgence that I may interminttently post my thoughts on how things are going over the next seven or eight days. Smile

Get in should have have just started and I'll be off to the venue in an hour, so laters as they say.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspadistra Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:45 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Morning all. I know there's lots going on in the world of Who and beyond, but for me today means one thing - the start of show week: hooray, it's been a long time coming but now we're there! I crave your indulgence that I may interminttently post my thoughts on how things are going over the next seven or eight days. Smile

Get in should have have just started and I'll be off to the venue in an hour, so laters as they say.

Break a leg!
Aspadistra
Aspadistra
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Flair Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:25 am

Who's coming on Saturday? me and Barnaby are - anybody else? Is Frank and Mr frank coming?
Rich Flair
Rich Flair
Master Deviant

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:37 am

Aspadistra wrote:
The Co=Ordinator wrote:Morning all. I know there's lots going on in the world of Who and beyond, but for me today means one thing - the start of show week: hooray, it's been a long time coming but now we're there! I crave your indulgence that I may interminttently post my thoughts on how things are going over the next seven or eight days. Smile

Break a leg!

You took the words right out of my mouth, Aspa. Smile

C=O, folks like Zoltar, Dave and myself are a bit geographically challenged when it comes to being there in person, but here's hoping Aladdin is a smashing success.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:07 am

Rich Flair wrote:Who's coming on Saturday? me and Barnaby are - anybody else? Is Frank and Mr frank coming?

Indeed they are Rich. And on the basis of a PM that arrived during my absence today, looks like The Councillor will as well - just got to sort him out a ticket!
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:16 am

aspadistra wrote:Break a leg!

Cheers me dear! Very Happy

Patrick wrote:C=O, folks like Zoltar, Dave and myself are a bit geographically challenged when it comes to being there in person, but here's hoping Aladdin is a smashing success.

Thank you Patrick, that's very kind. Very Happy

It's been a hectic, but quite succesful day. The get-in went well and the cast rehearsal in a *side room* likewise. Looks like we'll be ready for a full Tech rehearsal starting at 7pm tomorrow.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:18 pm

And now a first peek at The Market Square during get-in.

From the gallery it looks fine.

C=O proudly presents 'Aladdin' - Page 3 Img0041vl5

But from the floor, I swear to God it's "Turn Left" revisited!!

C=O proudly presents 'Aladdin' - Page 3 Img0043bl7
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:36 pm

Patrick wrote:C=O, folks like Zoltar, Dave and myself are a bit geographically challenged when it comes to being there in person, but here's hoping Aladdin is a smashing success.
Well said, Patrick. Break a leg, C=O. Smile
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:49 am

As at last night we had sold something 2/3rds of all available tickets. The "Show Week Rush" seems to be kicking off in earnest, and I'm expecting both Saturday shows to be completely sold out by Wednesday at the latest, maybe even tomorrow. Smile
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Flair Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:49 am

Does anybody who is going fancy meeting for lunch before Saturday's performance? Maybe somewhere near the venue at 12?
Rich Flair
Rich Flair
Master Deviant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:03 am

Zoltar wrote:Well said, Patrick. Break a leg, C=O. Smile

Cheers Zoltar!

Rich Flair wrote:Does anybody who is going fancy meeting for lunch before Saturday's performance? Maybe somewhere near the venue at 12?

Would love to Rich, but unfortunately I might have one or two things on my plate. affraid Razz
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next