Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBC Green Light Pilot for "Wonder Woman" from David E. Kelly

+3
The Browncoat Cat
The Co=Ordinator
Sid Seadevil
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

NBC Green Light Pilot for "Wonder Woman" from David E. Kelly  - Page 3 Empty Re: NBC Green Light Pilot for "Wonder Woman" from David E. Kelly

Post by The Browncoat Cat Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:22 am

[quote="Sid Seadevil"]
The Co=Ordinator wrote:Ain't gone down well with Wonder Woman fandom though. Much gashing of teeth and rending of garments over the fact that it's "Stunt" casting/she isn't blond/she isn't from Texas/the sky is falling/the world is doomed/the show has jumped the shark even before the pilot has been aired, etc. Sound familiar?
I'm afraid it does. In my experience a lot of the middle-aged hardcore Doctor Who fans and hardcore comic fans share the same mindset. They venerate the old-style because it is a link to their childhood. They are unwilling to accept that the things they love have moved on and changed, as they have moved on and changed, because that would be an acceptance of the fact that they are getting older. I've accepted that I am no longer (thank God) the child I was when Lynda was Wonder Woman and Tom was The Doctor. It is better to live for today than dream of a GoldenAge that never existed, so I am always ready to give change a chance.
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1148
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-11-04

http://browncoatcat.gardd-lelog.org.uk

Back to top Go down

NBC Green Light Pilot for "Wonder Woman" from David E. Kelly  - Page 3 Empty Re: NBC Green Light Pilot for "Wonder Woman" from David E. Kelly

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:33 am

Well said, Cat. Thankfully I - and indeed the vast majority of we Wrinklies - have avoided such a counter-productive mindset. And we're all the better for it. Change - especially within such a genre project, should always be approached with optimism.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards : NBC Green Light Pilot for "Wonder Woman" from David E. Kelly  - Page 3 Poster10
NBC Green Light Pilot for "Wonder Woman" from David E. Kelly  - Page 3 Person10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:55 am

I think Keith Topping put it very eloquently in a post on the old Doctor Who Forum, that he let me reproduce on my web log.
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:01 pm

The Browncoat Cat wrote:I think Keith Topping put it very eloquently in a post on the old Doctor Who Forum, that he let me reproduce on my web log.
Some interesting and very acute observations there, Cat. Thanks for drawing it to my attention.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Awards : NBC Green Light Pilot for "Wonder Woman" from David E. Kelly  - Page 3 Poster10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:06 pm

And yet another name actor signs aboard the pilot. Thins are moving along nicely.

Cary Elwes is the latest name to sign on for NBC's upcoming "Wonder Woman" television series, says a story at EW.

The series pilot is a reinvention of the iconic DC Comics title in which Wonder Woman – a/k/a Diana Prince – is a vigilante crime fighter in Los Angeles but also a successful corporate executive and a modern woman trying to balance all of the elements of her extraordinary life.

Elwes, who recently appeared in Saw: The Final Chapter and is still best known for his iconic performance in The Princess Bride, will play the CEO of Prince's company, Themyscira Industries. He joins the previously announced Adrianne Palicki in the lead, Elizabeth Hurley as the pilot's villain and supporting cast members Pedro Pascal and Tracie Thoms.

Link
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:56 am

Interesting. I suspect that Elses' character will be the one who does all the actual work of running a multi-billion dollar company whilst Diana is of playing cops and robbers most of the time.
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:12 am

Sounds likely to me. I'm really beginning to look forward to this.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:26 am

Filming recently started in Los Angeles, and a photo of Ms Palicki in her costume has appeared on line, via Entertainment Weekly. Can't say I am impressed. It looks like they have gone for the current comic book look, as opposed to the traditional. All that is missing from this version is the bolero jacket (the only bit of the new costume I actually like). However, as the leaked draft script apparently ended with Diana looking nostalgically at the old costume, and in the leaked audition tape, one of the characters says that the action figures of the original costume out sell the action figures of the new version, I am hopeful that if the series gets picked up, it will move back to a more tradition costume.
NBC Green Light Pilot for "Wonder Woman" from David E. Kelly  - Page 3 Ww-ew
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:01 am

Dominatrix Woman? Shocked
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
Awards : NBC Green Light Pilot for "Wonder Woman" from David E. Kelly  - Page 3 Person10
NBC Green Light Pilot for "Wonder Woman" from David E. Kelly  - Page 3 Richfl10

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:18 pm

Or as one of my friends described it "Hen Party Woman".
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:52 am

The Browncoat Cat wrote:NBC Green Light Pilot for "Wonder Woman" from David E. Kelly  - Page 3 Ww-ew
Seeing as how doubtless quadzillions of comic book fans are currently foaming at the mouth and tearing out bloody clumps of hair by the roots over this costume, I'll put up my hand and say it works for me. And it's been confirmed that for the foreseeable future at least, the original costume will not be making a return to the comic book version - so expect this version to stick on the TV show too.

However the really important thing that hasn't been mentioned is the lady herself. The costume works for her - and she for it.

She looks like Wonder Woman. That's good enough for me.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:59 am

And here come the first pics of Ms Palicki in action, in costume during the filming of the pilot itself. As the eagle-eyed amongst you will notice, the outfit has undergone a number of slight tweaks since the first official photo. Namely the boots are now red trimmed with gold, rather than blue - bringing them much more in line with the classic comics costume - and pants while still blue are no longer of the shiny variety.

NBC Green Light Pilot for "Wonder Woman" from David E. Kelly  - Page 3 IMG_0126

NBC Green Light Pilot for "Wonder Woman" from David E. Kelly  - Page 3 IMG_0137

More images including her stunt double in costume and behind the scenes shots can be found Here
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:22 am

I prefer shiny!
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Awards : NBC Green Light Pilot for "Wonder Woman" from David E. Kelly  - Page 3 Person10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:28 am

Funnily enough so do I. I suppose it was replaced due to the boring practicalities of filming on a very tight schedule and durability.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:48 am

Purely out of televisual interest you understand, here are some more shots of the titular character from the pilot shoot.

NBC Green Light Pilot for "Wonder Woman" from David E. Kelly  - Page 3 Zwwa10

NBC Green Light Pilot for "Wonder Woman" from David E. Kelly  - Page 3 Zwwa20

NBC Green Light Pilot for "Wonder Woman" from David E. Kelly  - Page 3 Zwwa8
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:00 am

Yeah, right.........
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:05 am

Why, you almost say that like you doubt my motives, Mr. C=O.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:17 am

Never, Mr. Q. Never.......
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:27 am

Delighted and reassured to hear you say that, Mr. C=O.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:36 pm

The costume is better, but it still isn't Wonder Woman
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Interesting Cat. In what way isn't it WW?
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:55 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:Interesting Cat. In what way isn't it WW?
Hard to say, really, its an instinctive thing I suppose.
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:49 am

The Browncoat Cat wrote:Hard to say, really, its an instinctive thing I suppose.
Hmmm...I can understand to that. Still, perhaps because I'm currently following the WW comic series I'm more comfortable with the costume revisions than those used to the classic/Linda Carter image of the character - so I'm comfortable with the look of the new version.

Having said that, I'm reserving full judgement until I've had the chance to see the finished pilot. Although I'm nowhere near as worried as many Wondy fans appear to be.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Having seen some more clips from filming, my thoughts have crystallised. Everything about this pilot seems to be working except the costume. I think the new TV costume brings together all the worse elements of the comic book costumes, old and new. I'm sorry, but it doesn't look like Wonder Women, it looks like some slapper in a slutty top and a pair of jeans.
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:58 am

Fair enough. I'm still reserving judgement until I've seen how the costume looks in the finished package itself.

Plus, if the show does go to full series they'll doubtless tweak it again to take into account what they learned from the filming of the pilot.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next