Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life"

4 posters

Go down

Rate: "The Categories of Life"

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life" Bar_left20%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life" Bar_right 20% 
[ 1 ]
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life" Bar_left80%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life" Bar_right 80% 
[ 4 ]
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life" Bar_left0%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life" Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life" Bar_left0%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life" Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life" Empty Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life"

Post by Patrick Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:24 am

Episode 5, officially the halfway point of the series, is now upon us.  The Torchwood Team is scheduled to do some under-cover work, and learn the truth about The Miracle.

So, what did you think of Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5, "The Categories of Life"?  This thread will remain locked until after transmission of the story to North American audiences on STARZ this evening at 11:00 PM Eastern Time.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life" Person10

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life" Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life" Empty Re: Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life"

Post by Patrick Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:59 pm

Yikes. There is still a way to remove the unwanted living. And I didn't expect that particular death. Wow. I need to watch this again on second airing in a few minutes and gather my thoughts afterwards, but this was a game-changing episode.
Shocked
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Awards : Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life" Person10

Back to top Go down

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life" Empty Re: Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life"

Post by Zoltar Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:47 pm

Hell of a way to mark the halfway point. Yikes indeed.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life" Kindes10
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:00 pm

Zoltar wrote:Hell of a way to mark the halfway point. Yikes indeed.

The stuff with Gwen and her dad, after she'd gotten back to Wales, was nicely done. But the way this episode episode ends, there is a persistent funeral feeling about Gwen's father.

I expect Jilly's snapshot of Jack to be a catalyst for the folks behind the miracle to finaly play their hand in the next episode. And I really am rooting for a very unpleasant end for the bureacrat in charge of the San Pedro "module". He is most deserving of an ironic death.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:08 pm

Patrick wrote:The stuff with Gwen and her dad, after she'd gotten back to Wales, was nicely done. But the way this episode episode ends, there is a persistent funeral feeling about Gwen's father.
It doesn't look good, no. I agree, it was nicely done. The best of intentions gone terribly wrong.

Patrick wrote:I expect Jilly's snapshot of Jack to be a catalyst for the folks behind the miracle to finaly play their hand in the next episode.
It should be interesting to see where that goes. After all, the bad guys already know who Jack is. But what will Jilly find? What data is left on him?

Patrick wrote:And I really am rooting for a very unpleasant end for the bureacrat in charge of the San Pedro "module". He is most deserving of an ironic death.
Yep, I'm hoping karma pays back in full.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:44 pm

Zolty, do you know I realized this morning where I'd seen the actor who plays the bureaucrat that runs the San Pedro "module." That was Under-Sheriff Conrad Ecklie from CSI. Well, if you want a true bureacrat, Marc Vann can ceretainly play that.

I find myself thinking rather unpleasant thoughts about how Vann's character should shed his mortal coil for what he did in this week's story. I hope it's particularly humiliating.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:10 pm

Patrick wrote:Zolty, do you know I realized this morning where I'd seen the actor who plays the bureaucrat that runs the San Pedro "module." That was Under-Sheriff Conrad Ecklie from CSI. Well, if you want a true bureacrat, Marc Vann can ceretainly play that.
Ah, I knew I'd seen him somewhere before. He's good at being unlikeable.

Patrick wrote:I find myself thinking rather unpleasant thoughts about how Vann's character should shed his mortal coil for what he did in this week's story. I hope it's particularly humiliating.
When Rex finds out it was him, and I sincerely hope he does find that out, it ain't gonna be pretty.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Flair Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:44 am

Excellent stuff, but I knocked off a point for the pantomime bureaucrat, plucked out of working in housing to almost single handedly run the San Pedro module.
Rich Flair
Rich Flair
Master Deviant

Number of posts : 1656
Awards : Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life" Poster10
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life" Richfl10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:14 am

A much better episode with an excellent ending. Oswald Daines rally speech was unconvincing, and the whole Vera/Colin Maloney build up a bit naff.

However I'm finding the whole Overflow Camp issue fascinating, with the Nazi allegories well made and am keen to find out where this is going. 4/5.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 5: "The Categories of Life" Richfl10

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down