Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road"

4 posters

Go down

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road"

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road" Bar_left0%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road" Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road" Bar_left57%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road" Bar_right 57% 
[ 4 ]
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road" Bar_left43%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road" Bar_right 43% 
[ 3 ]
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road" Bar_left0%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road" Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road" Empty Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road"

Post by Patrick Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:49 pm

So, Jack's former "companion" from his first trip to the US in 1927 is somehow still alive.  And Angelo wants Jack.  But for what?  And what is Rex up to?

Here's your chance to comment on Episode 8 of Torchwood: Miracle Day.  As per usual, this thread will remain locked until after North American transmission of the episode on Starz, 11:00 PM Eastern Time.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road" Person10

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road" Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road" Empty Re: Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road"

Post by Patrick Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:02 pm

John "Q" De Lancie vs. Eve "Gwen Cooper" Myles. What a great match! I loved that interplay. The only person, so far in this series, who can upstage Gwen Cooper with lines is De Lancie's CIA character.

So, just when I thought finding Angelo would get us to the bottom of this mystery, we got dealt another reversal. Now it's about the 3 families. And suddenly, Oswald Danes is on the run... from them.

Some great stuff tonight. 4/5 from me.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road" Empty Re: Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road"

Post by Patrick Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:56 am

A follow up from last night: we now know there are people who volunteering to be made category 1's. And a new category has been created: category zero.

Alien technology has been introduced with the null field. How they make use of that, however, is a bit of a problem. And we're now apparently headed back to Wales.

The final two episodes should be interesting.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:05 am

De Lancie was good fun, and the idea of Category 0 rings very true considering how things are going in the world. Oswald's desire to be "normal" was rather pathetic, and his shock at the "end of the road" coming for him once again was a nice moment. Poor Jack, rough ending for him. I wonder, now that he's got the Null Field device on his person, could that help block him from whatever's taking his immortality? 4/5 from me.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road" Kindes10
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:20 am

Zoltar wrote:Poor Jack, rough ending for him. I wonder, now that he's got the Null Field device on his person, could that help block him from whatever's taking his immortality? 4/5 from me.

That's certainly a reasonable theory, but the immediate problem is that Jack is the only one who knows how to use it, and at least as the episode concluded, he's in no condition to do that. And he's left in the hands of Esther, who reminds me a bit of Rose in The Christmas Invasion, with the Doctor in a regenerative coma.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:00 pm

Patrick wrote:That's certainly a reasonable theory, but the immediate problem is that Jack is the only one who knows how to use it, and at least as the episode concluded, he's in no condition to do that. And he's left in the hands of Esther, who reminds me a bit of Rose in The Christmas Invasion, with the Doctor in a regenerative coma.
Indeed, should be interesting to see what she finally decides as to where she'll go next.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennyjenkins Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Zoltar wrote:
Patrick wrote:That's certainly a reasonable theory, but the immediate problem is that Jack is the only one who knows how to use it, and at least as the episode concluded, he's in no condition to do that. And he's left in the hands of Esther, who reminds me a bit of Rose in The Christmas Invasion, with the Doctor in a regenerative coma.
Indeed, should be interesting to see what she finally decides as to where she'll go next.

Stupid idiot should just stop the car and staunch Jack's bleeding
Jennyjenkins
Jennyjenkins
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 2079
Awards : Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road" Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:58 pm

Torchwood Tattle…

You know, it’s reached the point where I’m absolutely certain I know what the real miracle behind Torchwood – Miracle Day is: It’s that despite the show having totally abandoned any and all pretence at having a cohesive and logical storyline I’m nevertheless enjoying it immensely anyway.

It’s easy once you accept that…
• Rex is belligerent and vainly expecting a level of professionalism from his erstwhile team mates that he quite simply is never going to get.
• Blond girl whose name I really can’t be bothered at this point to every attempt to commit to memory is a pretty vacuum whose sole reasons for existence are to type, weep and make jaw-droppingly wrong-headed decisions that even Milo-The-Less-Than-Wonder-Dog would balk (not to mention bark) at.
• Gwen is Welsh and freckles becomingly when exposed to US South Coast sunlight. (This is neither a complaint nor a criticism).
• Jack has a toned backside which these days, appears to be the central location for his powers of logical reasoning and decision making abilities.
• Bill Pullman is actually secretly a pair of twins. (Which certainly explains why his mode and style of performance differs so drastically from scene to scene depending on which twin is being Bill at any particular time).
• Genre guest stars are obligatory.
• Cryptic, nameless, faceless villains are easier to write than actual multi-dimensional characters with something approaching believable motivations.
• PC Andy and the Cardiff police are miles tougher and more deadly than the forces of the CIA, Army and all the various US police forces combined. (Why anybody should be surprised by this revelation I dare not even hazard an educated guess).
• All of America looks suspiciously like California if you squint at the screen. (I learned that growing up in the 60s watching US shows. Nice to see it making a nostalgic reappearance following years of Canada doing the job equally as ineffectually).
• Stop mentioning Who – it only serves to remind old hands that divorced thematically to this extreme from its origins, Torchwood struggles to justify its existence as a valid entity in its own right.
• Rhys is funnier, tougher and more resourceful than everybody else put together. (Imagine what a pair of companions for the Doctor he and Gwen would have made)!
• Can somebody kindly point me in the direction of my DVDs of Torchwood – Children of Earth? (Actually, can somebody kindly point the current production team in the direction of the DVDs of Torchwood – Children of Earth).

Average for the series so far: 3/5.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:38 am

Comfortably the best episode since "The Categories of Life". 4/5.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 8 "End Of The Road" Richfl10

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down