Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men"

4 posters

Go down

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 6 "The Middle Men"

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men" Bar_left0%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men" Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men" Bar_left75%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men" Bar_right 75% 
[ 3 ]
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men" Bar_left25%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men" Bar_right 25% 
[ 1 ]
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men" Bar_left0%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men" Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men" Empty Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men"

Post by Patrick Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:54 am

So, to recap from the last episode, Gwen has now returned to Wales, and things are not looking for her dad- he just got moved from Category 2 to Category 1.  And we learn why that's such a significant distinction- Category 1 are the superfluous.  And, for good measure, we got to see an incidence of Category 1 removal, with someone who technically wasn't a category inside the chamber.  Murder, it seems, has made a comeback in an age of not dying.

That sets the stage for tonight's episode 6.  Let's hear what you thought of tonight's episode.  As per usual, this thread will remain locked until after North American transmission of the episode tonight (approx. 11:00 PM Eastern Time.)
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men" Person10

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men" Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men" Empty Re: Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men"

Post by Patrick Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:58 pm

I love how resourceful Gwen is. And I hate how she keeps getting dealt these reversals.

That was great, tense episode. Rex gets fooled, twice. And one of those times is by the man who killed Dr. Juarez. And poor Esther. I'm reminded of the promotional spots before this series aired that juxtaposed the naive, overly eager Esther the CIA analyst with the damaged, frightened woman she would become. And her transformation is well underway now.

Good episode, that.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men" Empty Re: Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men"

Post by Zoltar Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Patrick wrote:Good episode, that.
Yep, so it was. Shame we have to wait a week for the next part.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men" Kindes10
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:19 am

I believe we're getting close to this Triangle-logo organization with Ernie Hudson's description of "The Blessing." This has to be a powerful group of folks if they can manipulate the CIA and PhiCorp, and be able to send messages to Gwen via the Torchwood contact lenses. I predicted a couple of episodes ago that PhiCorp was a red herring.

Did you notice a little British-ism script goof last night? Marc Vann's character told his soldier to take Dr. Juarez's car to a "car park." No American would use "car park," they'd call it a parking lot. I'm a little surprised that got left in the script.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Flair Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:28 am

It makes up for Gwen talking about a closet the other week, when she should have said cupboard or wardrobe.
Rich Flair
Rich Flair
Master Deviant

Number of posts : 1656
Awards : Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men" Poster10
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men" Richfl10

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:46 am

Patrick wrote:I believe we're getting close to this Triangle-logo organization with Ernie Hudson's description of "The Blessing." This has to be a powerful group of folks if they can manipulate the CIA and PhiCorp, and be able to send messages to Gwen via the Torchwood contact lenses. I predicted a couple of episodes ago that PhiCorp was a red herring.
I think they kind of had to be, the "miracle" seems too big for humanity to have achieved alone. If they weren't a red herring, they'd have to be a front for some greater power and that amounts to the same thing. The Blessing, interesting stuff there. Why do I get the feeling that's Jack?

Patrick wrote:Did you notice a little British-ism script goof last night? Marc Vann's character told his soldier to take Dr. Juarez's car to a "car park." No American would use "car park," they'd call it a parking lot. I'm a little surprised that got left in the script.
Yep, bit of a cultural error there. Going for the "No Prize" solution, Maloney is clearly a fan of UK telly and picked up saying "car park" from his interactions on a forum for a long-running British SF series. This makes him all the more evil for being such scum and being a fan as well. Wink
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Patrick wrote:I'm a little surprised that got left in the script.
You know, thinking on it, I'm surprised the actor himself didn't correct it.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Zoltar wrote:
Patrick wrote:I'm a little surprised that got left in the script.
You know, thinking on it, I'm surprised the actor himself didn't correct it.

I'm waiting for the next appearance of Ecklie in CSI, where he tells Willows to be looking for the suspect in the Las Vegas Hilton car park.
Laughing
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:06 am

Sorry but another slow episode IMO. Lots of running round with not a great deal happening. Just gets 3/5.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day, Episode 6: "The Middle Men" Richfl10

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:50 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Sorry but another slow episode IMO. Lots of running round with not a great deal happening. Just gets 3/5.

I don't know that I agree with the notion of "not a great deal happening." In Episode 6, we had the problem of how do Rex and Esther get out of the San Pedro encampment after it's been put on lockdown, and how does Gwen get her dad out from the Wales encampment? And for good measure, how does Team Torchwood expose to the world what's taking place in those encampments? In all of this, the focus was placed on Esther, and you really got a palpable sense of the transformation her character is undergoing from naive CIA analyst to battle scarred Torchwood team member. By episode 8, we see her begin to develop a bit of tough exterior as she gets some news about her sister.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down