Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate "The Wedding of River Song"

+13
Jennyjenkins
Dave Webb
Patrick
Johnstone McGuckian
Zoltar
The Browncoat Cat
andrea
stanmore
barnaby morbius
Rich Flair
Nick Barlow
Tessellated Facsimile
The Co=Ordinator
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Here comes the bride.........

Rate "The Wedding of River Song" - Page 3 Bar_left14%Rate "The Wedding of River Song" - Page 3 Bar_right 14% 
[ 3 ]
Rate "The Wedding of River Song" - Page 3 Bar_left38%Rate "The Wedding of River Song" - Page 3 Bar_right 38% 
[ 8 ]
Rate "The Wedding of River Song" - Page 3 Bar_left33%Rate "The Wedding of River Song" - Page 3 Bar_right 33% 
[ 7 ]
Rate "The Wedding of River Song" - Page 3 Bar_left10%Rate "The Wedding of River Song" - Page 3 Bar_right 10% 
[ 2 ]
Rate "The Wedding of River Song" - Page 3 Bar_left5%Rate "The Wedding of River Song" - Page 3 Bar_right 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 21

Rate "The Wedding of River Song" - Page 3 Empty Re: Rate "The Wedding of River Song"

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:51 am

The Wedding Of River Song…

Or to use its alternate title: “How To Deliver A Seriously Underwhelming And Emotional Punch Lacking Finale To A Series 6 That Has Been Maddeningly Uneven And Inconsistent” or “Silver Nemesis Did A Lot The Same Stuff – Only Much More Effectively Donkey’s Years Ago”

Now let’s get one thing absolutely clear from the outset. I’m no rabidly devoted adherent wedded unbreakably to the misplaced belief that the Classic Series is superior to the new. Cos I’m most certainly not, and it most certainly ain’t. But Moffat’s revelation and handling of “The First Question”, was left somewhat standing in the shadow of the already name-checked Classic Series story. I appreciate what he was trying to achieve – I just felt the execution of it fell dangerously short of the mark. So much so in fact, that the revelation, when it finally came, had zero affect upon me.

I also felt rather short-changed. Many questions have been dangled carrot-like before us over the course of series 6, and for me, what answers and resolutions we did ultimately receive were either so obvious that they begged the question why pose them in the first place? Or even worse, opened up an entirely new raft of questions which I’m not at all certain I actually care about the answers too. In fact, the one question the possible answer to which has definitely plagued me from the very beginning of the Smith/Moffat era still remains a great big consistently ignored Elephant in the room. The date on Rory’s hospital ID badge from “The Eleventh Hour”. Simple art department slip up? I don’t believe that for an instant. Give me an answer, Moff – and give it to me before you bring what’s increasingly beginning to look like your “Who Trilogy” to a close and move on to pastures new.

Oh and Amy, Rory and particularly River – it’s been fun, but I think we’ve taken our relationship just about as far as it can go. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll always cherish fond memories of our time together; but I think it’s in all our interests for us to go our separate ways and simply move on now.

My rating – 3/5 (and believe me, it only scraped a three due to the last minute inclusion of the little farewell kiss to the Dear old Alastair Gordon).

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3