Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have You Ordered Your Series 4 Box DVD Set Yet?

+6
Balbinder Mann
Colin Hicks
Sid Seadevil
Zoltar
millerqueen
Patrick
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Have You Ordered Your Series 4 Box DVD Set Yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have You Ordered Your Series 4 Box DVD Set Yet?

Post by Patrick Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:20 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Zoltar wrote:In this case, I'm afraid I lack the patience to wait, especially where Series 4 is concerned. Smile

I'm in total agreement with Zoltar. I'm secretly hoping that they included as the audio commentary that really great conversation between RTD, The Moff and David Tennant on Forest of the Dead. Even if they don't, the extras and Confidenials are worth the price of purchase alone.
Smile
Ah, then I'll breath a sign of relief that my fan credentials remain just this side of in tatters. Smile

That conversation really is a thing of beauty, is it not. I'd certainly be heavily persuaded to add the set to my collection just for it, were I one of those dithering swing voters.

Well, sadly, that audio commentary is not on the Box DVD set. But it is still available on the Doctor Who website at BBC.co.uk. Unfortunately, when I try to download it, the geographic block is in place.

Sid, I vaguely remember after Forest of the Dead aired, when you went to listen to it, I had to point you to do a "right click, save target as" in order to get it to play. That should mean you should have it saved to your hard drive somewhere. If so, is it possible to email it?

On the DVD box set for series 4, there's a really nice extra included on Disc 5 (Turn Left, Stolen Earth, Journey's End) called "The Journey (So Far)". It's a very nice retrospective of the RTD era with some great commentary by Uncle Rusty, Julie Gardner, Phil Collinson and David Tennant.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : Have You Ordered Your Series 4 Box DVD Set Yet? - Page 2 Person10

Have You Ordered Your Series 4 Box DVD Set Yet? - Page 2 Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Have You Ordered Your Series 4 Box DVD Set Yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have You Ordered Your Series 4 Box DVD Set Yet?

Post by Sid Seadevil Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:37 am

Patrick wrote:Sid, I vaguely remember after Forest of the Dead aired, when you went to listen to it, I had to point you to do a "right click, save target as" in order to get it to play. That should mean you should have it saved to your hard drive somewhere. If so, is it possible to email it?
I'll have a hunt around for it matey and send it along asap.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards : Have You Ordered Your Series 4 Box DVD Set Yet? - Page 2 Poster10
Have You Ordered Your Series 4 Box DVD Set Yet? - Page 2 Person10

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:51 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:
Patrick wrote:Sid, I vaguely remember after Forest of the Dead aired, when you went to listen to it, I had to point you to do a "right click, save target as" in order to get it to play. That should mean you should have it saved to your hard drive somewhere. If so, is it possible to email it?

I'll have a hunt around for it matey and send it along asap.

Cheers, Sid! Very Happy
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957

Have You Ordered Your Series 4 Box DVD Set Yet? - Page 2 Poster10

Back to top Go down

Post by Graymalkin Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:43 am

It is quite annoying that the Podcasts aren't included on the box-sets as well as the main commentary. I mean, I've got them all saved on iTunes, but it'd be nice...

I expect it's the same kind of legal jiggery-pokery that resulted in the TARDISodes being left off S2...
Graymalkin
Graymalkin
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 981
Awards : poster award
Registration date : 2008-11-06

http://twitter.com/uragraymalkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:49 am

Graymalkin wrote:It is quite annoying that the Podcasts aren't included on the box-sets as well as the main commentary. I mean, I've got them all saved on iTunes, but it'd be nice...

I expect it's the same kind of legal jiggery-pokery that resulted in the TARDISodes being left off S2...

If anyone wants specific podcasts from the website then I might be able to run off some copies on DVD all nicely matched up with the episode itself! We're good at that in the Frank household. Will certainly have the Forest Of The Dead one around somewhere.

Purchased the box set at the weekend from HMV cos I really likes their exclusive cover: Have You Ordered Your Series 4 Box DVD Set Yet? - Page 2 Sleeves
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 922
Have You Ordered Your Series 4 Box DVD Set Yet? - Page 2 Creato10
Registration date : 2008-11-03

http://www.cathoderaytube.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2