Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6)

+8
Lee Carey
Patrick
andrea
stanmore
Sid Seadevil
Zoltar
Nick Barlow
The Co=Ordinator
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6) - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6)

Post by The Browncoat Cat Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:38 pm

Don't you just love BBCAmerica and this beginner's guide to Doctor Who.

And watch out for a killer previously unseen clip at 3' 05".
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1148
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-11-04

http://browncoatcat.gardd-lelog.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6) - Page 3 Empty Re: Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6)

Post by Hacky Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:06 pm

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Confirmed episode titles and writers

... Steven Moffat ...Steve Thompson ... Neil Gaiman ... Matthew Graham ... Mark Gatiss ... Tom MacRae ... Toby Whithouse ...Gareth Roberts

What, no Chibbers? That's it, I'm not watching.
Hacky
Hacky
Not-quite-wrinkly

Number of posts : 83
Awards : Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6) - Page 3 Creato10

Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Chibbers has loads of projects on the go. More interesting is that neither Shearman or Cornell are on the list.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
Awards : Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6) - Page 3 Person10
Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6) - Page 3 Richfl10

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Cat, you have no idea the bombardment of publicity BBCAmerica is running for the start of Series 6. That clip you posted has been edited into 30 second spots running relentlessly. And so has this:

Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6) - Page 3 Person10

Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6) - Page 3 Poster10

Back to top Go down

Post by stanmore Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:17 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Chibbers has loads of projects on the go. More interesting is that neither Shearman or Cornell are on the list.

Were they ever due to be? I'd assumed that Shearman's boat had sailed in regard to being part of the Doctor Who writing team. Sadly.
stanmore
stanmore
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1669
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:25 am

Well Cornell is currently snowed under with his writing assignments for DC Comics, Chibbers has Camelot and quite a few other irons in the fire as already stated, so I'd have been surprised to see him included. Gatiss gets a place, despite general fan reaction to his offering thus far - which is the biggest surprise for me.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards : Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6) - Page 3 Poster10
Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6) - Page 3 Person10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:44 am

Gatiss & Moffat are like two peas in a pod.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:07 am

It should be a two-parter though. His style is much more suited to that format.

Last edited by Sid Seadevil on Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Unclear meaning)
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Awards : Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6) - Page 3 Poster10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Flair Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:52 am

No, Gattis' episode is a one parter. Thankfully, because I wouldn't want to sit through two of them.
Rich Flair
Rich Flair
Master Deviant

Number of posts : 1656

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:06 am

So transmission has been confirmed as 6pm on Easter Saturday. I'm very unhappy at the BBC for using Who to prop up the failure that is "So you think you can dance" in the schedules.

It also screws Confidentail up completely. The BBC and scheduling don't go together.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by andrea Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:59 am

Too early for me. I can't see me making it back on time for that sort of start time.

When's Confidential on? I suppose it can't start earlier than BBC3's start time!
andrea
andrea
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 695
Awards : Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6) - Page 3 Kindes10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:30 pm

Exactly. 7pm start for DWC.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Flair Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:18 pm

Often they overlap, so a gap is a good thing. Could fit a dump in.
Rich Flair
Rich Flair
Master Deviant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:30 pm

If am really wee off with the schedulers. The more of that profession I see, the more I realise what a bright and shining exception Lorraine Hennessey was. She was the only Controller of BBC One that got it. Family Drama at 7pm wins the slot and wins the whole evening.

Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6) - Page 3 Rage_01
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1148
Awards :

http://browncoatcat.gardd-lelog.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:57 am

BBC scheduling shoots Auntie in foot. They really do learn nothing.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by andrea Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:37 am

I'm happy enough personally for a small gap between Doctor Who and Confidential - unlike Rich my use for such a gap would be to make another mug ot tea - but a 6pm start for Doctor Who feels wrong. I think more parents will be busy with making the tea or clearing it up or suchlike than at 7pm so it could see the programme losing some of the adults who watched with their children.
andrea
andrea
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 695
Awards : Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6) - Page 3 Kindes10

Back to top Go down

Post by Hacky Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:51 am

Even 7 seems a bit early to me as an American. "Prime time" typical starts at 8. Of course, BBC America is showing it at 9PM which is too late for younger kids.

Mind you, we'll be in some motel along I-95 at that point and not able to watch until we get home on Sunday. Good thing there are alternate content delivery networks.
Hacky
Hacky
Not-quite-wrinkly

Awards : Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6) - Page 3 Creato10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:57 am

Dare I even ask what you'll be doing in that motel? Shocked Razz
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hacky Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:34 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Dare I even ask what you'll be doing in that motel? Shocked Razz

Sleeping. We'll be coming back from a road trip to South Carolina.

Was my other post too spoilery? Sorry. I assumed that the baddies seen in trailers were too common knowledge at this point to be considered spoilers.

Or did I forget to click submit?
Hacky
Hacky
Not-quite-wrinkly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:35 am

Why, has something disappeared Mike?
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hacky Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:52 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Why, has something disappeared Mike?

Yes, I must have forgotten to post after previewing.

I was just going to add a bit of recycled nonsense. I started reading a thread over at GB where people were claiming to have found evidence of Silents in Series 5. Most of this "evidence" seemed to be of the fevered imagining sort.

Anyway, I felt that I needed to jump in with this.

Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6) - Page 3 Silentforest

And taking a cue from another poster's comment, I added a second image which I quite liked.

Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6) - Page 3 Silentbaby

Hacky
Hacky
Not-quite-wrinkly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:05 am

Brilliant stuff as always! Razz
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Flair Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:43 am

That second image is far too spoilery for me. Thanks.
Rich Flair
Rich Flair
Master Deviant

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:46 am

Hacky wrote:Even 7 seems a bit early to me as an American. "Prime time" typical starts at 8. Of course, BBC America is showing it at 9PM which is too late for younger kids.

Not for everyone. Prime Time starts at 7:00 PM in Central & Mountain time zones, and BBC-America is transmitting the start of Series 6 at 7:00 PM for me.
Very Happy
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:48 am

Hacky wrote:And taking a cue from another poster's comment, I added a second image which I quite liked.

Series 6 Build Up (Was First official trailer for Series 6) - Page 3 Silentbaby

Shocked My God! Paul McGann is back!

Laughing
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next