Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate "Flatline"

5 posters

Go down

Rate: Flatline

Rate "Flatline" Bar_left67%Rate "Flatline" Bar_right 67% 
[ 4 ]
Rate "Flatline" Bar_left33%Rate "Flatline" Bar_right 33% 
[ 2 ]
Rate "Flatline" Bar_left0%Rate "Flatline" Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Rate "Flatline" Empty Rate "Flatline"

Post by Patrick Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:48 am

Creatures made up of only two dimensions attack.  But the Doctor has slightly bigger, er, smaller problems at the moment as we finally explore the fact that the "RD" in TARDIS stands for Relative Dimension.  The incredible shrinking TARDIS means Clara is left on her own to sort out the full mystery.  But how do you save the day it when even the walls can be deadly?

So what did you think of Flatline?  A geometric plane of fascination, or just something with a line through it?  Let's be hearing from you.  And you all know the routine by now: this thread will be locked until UK transmission of the episode on Saturday, October 19th.  North American Wrinklies who venture in here before it airs on this side of the Atlantic should be fully warned of potential spoilers.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : Rate "Flatline" Person10

Rate "Flatline" Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Rate "Flatline" Empty Re: Rate "Flatline"

Post by andrea Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:45 pm

Even better than last week's and perhaps the best of the series so far. Really happy to have had two consecutive episodes which I have enjoyed.
andrea
andrea
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 695
Awards : Rate "Flatline" Kindes10
Rate "Flatline" Person10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Barlow Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:33 pm

Two decent episodes in a row? Really good stuff, and that better not be the last we see from Jamie Mathieson.
Nick Barlow
Nick Barlow
Councillor Mod

Number of posts : 1213
Awards : Rate "Flatline" Poster10
Rate "Flatline" Person10

http://www.nickbarlow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Webb Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:39 am

Excellent stuff.
Dave Webb
Dave Webb
Mod in Occupancy

Number of posts : 1175
Awards : Rate "Flatline" Poster10
Rate "Flatline" Person10

http://unsatirical.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:30 pm

In hindsight, I think I now understand the Moff's intentions in re-defining the relationship between Clara and the Doctor.

Clara has always been good at compartmentalizing her two worlds. On the one hand, she has a normal life where she was a nanny for a friend's two children until she got her teaching job. She tries to have relationships, and frets about her temperamental internet connections. On the other hand, she had the Doctor. In the 11th Doctor, she could go on an adventure with him, laugh at his jokes and lanky, awkward physicality while he tried to figure out the mystery that was Clara. She could put one of her worlds on a shelf while she was engaged in the other.

Now she has a new Doctor to deal with, one who is a bit more abrasive than she's used to. That was fine and well up to a point, until the day the Doctor met Danny Pink. Suddenly, her two separate, compartmentalized worlds collided, and she didn't know how to reconcile that. I think it took from "The Caretaker" to last night's episode for her to establish some form of equilibrium again. And in the process, she discovered she could be good at playing the Doctor if she needed to. Danny, I think, is in for a surprise.

Last night's episode was really good. I enjoyed the way it sort of had a Meddling Monk vibe to what was going on with the TARDIS. 5/5 from me. And now that we've got the Doctor and Clara together again, its time for the big wrap up to the season, and finding out who this lady in "heaven" really is.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957

Rate "Flatline" Poster10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:08 am

As is normal nowadays, I haven't watched Flatline yet and likely won't till later in the week. Pleased that folk have enjoyed it, hopefully I shall concur in due course.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
Rate "Flatline" Richfl10

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:31 pm

Finally watched this. Wow. Stunning on so many levels. My own gripe would be the rushed finale, but this was an incredibly intelligent, innovative and enthralling piece of television. Top marks from me.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
Rate "Flatline" Richfl10

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down