Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate "Under The Lake"

Go down

Rate: Under The Lake

Rate "Under The Lake" Bar_left50%Rate "Under The Lake" Bar_right 50% 
[ 1 ]
Rate "Under The Lake" Bar_left50%Rate "Under The Lake" Bar_right 50% 
[ 1 ]
Rate "Under The Lake" Bar_left0%Rate "Under The Lake" Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Rate "Under The Lake" Empty Rate "Under The Lake"

Post by Patrick Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:33 am

Week 3, and the start of another two-part story. Seems a bit like classic times, doesn't it? Here's your brief:

"It’s impossible! It’s evil! I hate it! It’s astonishing! I want to KISS IT TO DEATH."

Under a lake, in the dripping gloom of an underwater base, stands a gleaming black space ship, recovered from the lake bed. Nothing is inside - but when the base crew start dying, they make a terrible discovery: ghosts are real! And their friends are refusing to stay dead! The Doctor and Clara arrive to find a base under siege from beyond the grave. But how can the dead be walking? What has brought them back? When the Doctor discovers the truth, it is more terrifying than any simple ghost story.

Personally, I've always found base-under-siege stories a bit of a mixed bag. The Moonbase was fabulously creepy. Warriors Of The Deep, not so much. So, let's be hearing from you. What did you think of Toby Whithouse's latest offering to the world of Doctor Who? Did it sink or swim?

This thread will remain locked until UK transmission of the story. Which means the standard spoiler warning applies: North American Wrinklies should consider themselves on notice that if they stray into this thread before it airs on this side of the Atlantic, you have no one to blame but yourself if the plot gets revealed for you.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : Rate "Under The Lake" Person10

Rate "Under The Lake" Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Rate "Under The Lake" Empty Re: Rate "Under The Lake"

Post by Patrick Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:12 am

Nice, creepy atmosphere. I also like the way this ended with everyone seeing the Doctor's ghost. Sort of effect preceding cause: exactly what I want from time travel. I'm giving this a 4.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : Rate "Under The Lake" Person10

Rate "Under The Lake" Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down