Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?)

+17
Lee Carey
barnaby morbius
Frank
Sid Seadevil
andrea
sheringham
sparacus
stanmore
LeeRatbag
Zoltar
Colin Hicks
whoisthedoctor
The Co=Ordinator
Graymalkin
Johnstone McGuckian
Balbinder Mann
Patrick
21 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Do You Plan To Buy the E-Space Trilogy on DVD?

The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Bar_left43%The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Bar_right 43% 
[ 10 ]
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Bar_left35%The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Bar_right 35% 
[ 8 ]
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Bar_left4%The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Bar_right 4% 
[ 1 ]
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Bar_left13%The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Bar_right 13% 
[ 3 ]
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Bar_left4%The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Bar_right 4% 
[ 1 ]
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Bar_left0%The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 23

The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Empty Re: The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?)

Post by Patrick Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:10 pm

Zoltar wrote:Rumor has it this will be a Birthday gift for me, even though the release date misses by a bit. Very Happy

Oh, Hooray! My birthday is still a month off. But there's at least one ray of hope: my sister, who HATED Doctor Who with a passion when we were growing up, included in my Christmas presents a T-Shirt with the new Doctor Who logo on it. Caught me off guard, since I grew used to her invectives against the show twenty years ago.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Person10

The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Empty Re: The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?)

Post by Sid Seadevil Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:22 pm

Won't be getting this unless it's given to me. One great story + one which introduces Adric + Warrior's Gate = not worth the expenditure for this Eocene.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards : The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Poster10
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Person10

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:30 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:Won't be getting this unless it's given to me. One great story + one which introduces Adric + Warrior's Gate = not worth the expenditure for this Eocene.

As I said to Zoltar upthread a bit, I can tolerate Adric here only because I already know his ultimate fate. Cyberman

Besides, his performance is actually not bad in Full Circle. He's better than the rest of the outler kids in that story. For me, the real appeal of this collection is that it's the trilogy of stories that lead to Lalla Ward's departure from the show. I always liked her Romana.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Awards : The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Person10

The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Poster10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:55 am

Patrick wrote:As I said to Zoltar upthread a bit, I can tolerate Adric here only because I already know his ultimate fate. Cyberman

Besides, his performance is actually not bad in Full Circle. He's better than the rest of the outler kids in that story. For me, the real appeal of this collection is that it's the trilogy of stories that lead to Lalla Ward's departure from the show. I always liked her Romana.
And perhaps more than anything else about the trilogy you've summed up at big part of my indifference towards it: Lalla Ward. Didn't overly care for her then - don't overly care for her now. A vastly overrated character whose been elevated to an undeserved hight on the flimsiest of fan motives: Most of them fancy her.

I remain steadfastly immune to her magic.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Awards : The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Poster10
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Person10

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:18 am

I have far more regard for Lalla than I do Matthew Waterhouse. I actually think Lalla and Tom had some nicely done scenes together in State of Decay (their 'We'll always have Paris' moment, if you will), and I think in Warrior's Gate she showed she can be as resourceful as the Doctor, and hold sway as the focus of a scene, too.

I will admit my bias. As anyone who read my CT commentary on Season 18 already knows, I'm partial to this season. That probably puts me in the minority, I realize, but there you have it.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnstone McGuckian Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:20 am

I think season 18 is the best season of them all. Closely followed by 4 and 16. New Who 3 is up there too.
Johnstone McGuckian
Johnstone McGuckian
Youngster Mod

Number of posts : 1722
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by sheringham Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:20 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:
Patrick wrote:As I said to Zoltar upthread a bit, I can tolerate Adric here only because I already know his ultimate fate. Cyberman

And perhaps more than anything else about the trilogy you've summed up at big part of my indifference towards it: Lalla Ward. Didn't overly care for her then - don't overly care for her now. A vastly overrated character whose been elevated to an undeserved hight on the flimsiest of fan motives: Most of them fancy her.

I remain steadfastly immune to her magic.

Sid! Are you me???? tongue
sheringham
sheringham
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 366
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-11-08

http://book-gasm.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:23 am

Patrick wrote:I have far more regard for Lalla than I do Matthew Waterhouse. I actually think Lalla and Tom had some nicely done scenes together in State of Decay (their 'We'll always have Paris' moment, if you will), and I think in Warrior's Gate she showed she can be as resourceful as the Doctor, and hold sway as the focus of a scene, too.

I will admit my bias. As anyone who read my CT commentary on Season 18 already knows, I'm partial to this season. That probably puts me in the minority, I realize, but there you have it.
And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, old chum. I certainly wouldn't dream of saying either you or anybody else for that matter were wrong in their regard for a particular story/season.

Unfortunately for me, personally, the trilogy holds scan reward or rewatch value. It's not bad Who per ce - just njot my particular cuppa' Whoy goodness. Smile
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:23 am

sheringham wrote:Sid! Are you me???? tongue
No. You're me. Albeit with marginally better legs. Razz
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by sheringham Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:25 am

Johnstone McGuckian wrote:I think season 18 is the best season of them all. Closely followed by 4 and 16. New Who 3 is up there too.

For me, season 18 is one of my 5 worst seasons. The only worse ones, for me, are season 17, 24 and 25.

I'm still buying the box set though.

My favourite seasons are 8, 9, 10 and series 3 and 4.
sheringham
sheringham
Properly wrinkly

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by sheringham Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:25 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:
sheringham wrote:Sid! Are you me???? tongue
No. You're me. Albeit with marginally better legs. Razz

You haven't seen my legs. affraid
sheringham
sheringham
Properly wrinkly

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:29 am

Patrick wrote:I always liked her Romana.

Is that a euphamism? cheers lol!

Sid Seadevil wrote:I remain steadfastly immune to her magic.

What a grumpy Old Eocene you are today. Razz Sofa
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Richfl10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:32 am

sheringham wrote:You haven't seen my legs. affraid
You're a girl - you're contractually obliged to have better legs than mine! affraid
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:35 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Is that a euphamism? cheers lol!
Nope. I suspect it's a dearly cherished wish. Sofa

The Co=Ordinator wrote:What a grumpy Old Eocene you are today. Razz Sofa
And don't you forget it, you bon motting wage, you. Twisted Evil
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by sheringham Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:35 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:
sheringham wrote:You haven't seen my legs. affraid
You're a girl - you're contractually obliged to have better legs than mine! affraid

They are very short. Homunculous length. I'm very wee. Although not as wee as my sister as I like to remind her whenever I see her.
sheringham
sheringham
Properly wrinkly

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:37 am

sheringham wrote:They are very short. Homunculous length. I'm very wee. Although not as wee as my sister as I like to remind her whenever I see her.
Surely you canna' be any shorter than Kate? She makes Frodo Baggins appear as tall as Michael Jordan!*

*feels the on-coming lump long before she returns home and reads this post.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by sheringham Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:56 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:
sheringham wrote:They are very short. Homunculous length. I'm very wee. Although not as wee as my sister as I like to remind her whenever I see her.
Surely you canna' be any shorter than Kate? She makes Frodo Baggins appear as tall as Michael Jordan!*

I don't know how short Kate is. I'm 5'2.5" My sister is 4'11" affraid
sheringham
sheringham
Properly wrinkly

Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:04 am

sheringham wrote:I don't know how short Kate is. I'm 5'2.5" My sister is 4'11" affraid
She's probably around your height. I just shrank her further for a bit of fast, cheap comedy relief. Very Happy

Last edited by Sid Seadevil on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:05 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:feels the on-coming lump long before she returns home

Waaaaaaaaaay too much information there. @ albino
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Richfl10

Back to top Go down

Post by Graymalkin Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:06 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:Most of them fancy her...

I certainly do...
Graymalkin
Graymalkin
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 981
Awards : poster award
Registration date : 2008-11-06

http://twitter.com/uragraymalkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:59 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Waaaaaaaaaay too much information there. @ albino
I really, really really should have known it would be you... cherry
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:02 am

Graymalkin wrote:I certainly do...
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury...I rest my case...
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:05 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:
Graymalkin wrote:I certainly do...
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury...I rest my case...

You know, Sid, I also fancied Nicola Bryant, but I don't exactly have a hankering to go watch Season 22 again.

That actually gives me an idea for a date in your Whopid-Cupid thread, though. What a Face
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by andrea Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:10 am

sheringham wrote:
Sid Seadevil wrote:

I don't know how short Kate is. I'm 5'2.5" My sister is 4'11" affraid
Crikey, I had a mental picture of you as tall (5'9" or more) and thin.

I really must stop imagining what people look like on the basis of no information whatsoever. It's a very silly thing to do...

Last edited by andrea on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
andrea
andrea
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 695
Awards : The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 2 Kindes10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:14 am

Patrick wrote:You know, Sid, I also fancied Nicola Bryant, but I don't exactly have a hankering to go watch Season 22 again.
You're too late, old fellow. The jury has already retired. tongue

Patrick wrote:That actually gives me an idea for a date in your Whopid-Cupid thread, though. What a Face
Most excellent! Twisted Evil
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next