Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?)

+17
Lee Carey
barnaby morbius
Frank
Sid Seadevil
andrea
sheringham
sparacus
stanmore
LeeRatbag
Zoltar
Colin Hicks
whoisthedoctor
The Co=Ordinator
Graymalkin
Johnstone McGuckian
Balbinder Mann
Patrick
21 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Do You Plan To Buy the E-Space Trilogy on DVD?

The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Bar_left43%The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Bar_right 43% 
[ 10 ]
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Bar_left35%The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Bar_right 35% 
[ 8 ]
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Bar_left4%The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Bar_right 4% 
[ 1 ]
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Bar_left13%The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Bar_right 13% 
[ 3 ]
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Bar_left4%The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Bar_right 4% 
[ 1 ]
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Bar_left0%The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 23

The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Empty Re: The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?)

Post by Frank Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:20 am

Well, knickers. I like most of Season 18 and you can hurl abuse at me all you want. So I will be buying this because the three stories it contains ain't that bad at all. I have a particular fondness for State Of Decay and Warrior's Gate. So, there.
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 922
Awards : The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Person10
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Creato10
Registration date : 2008-11-03

http://www.cathoderaytube.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Empty Re: The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?)

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:27 am

Frank wrote:Well, knickers. I like most of Season 18 and you can hurl abuse at me all you want. So I will be buying this because the three stories it contains ain't that bad at all. I have a particular fondness for State Of Decay and Warrior's Gate. So, there.
*throws an old pair of JNT's official Season 18 knickers at Frank*

Don't worry, me old ducks - they've been washed...I should imagine. Razz Twisted Evil
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards : The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Poster10
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Person10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:32 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:*throws an old pair of JNT's official Season 18 knickers at Frank*

Don't worry, me old ducks - they've been washed...I should imagine. Razz Twisted Evil

A used pair of Doctor Who underpants no doubt. They'll need a good blast with Vanish!
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Awards : The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Person10
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Creato10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:35 am

Frank wrote:A used pair of Doctor Who underpants no doubt. They'll need a good blast with Vanish!
Not 'Arf!
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Awards : The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Poster10
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Person10

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:40 am

Frank wrote:Well, knickers. I like most of Season 18 and you can hurl abuse at me all you want. So I will be buying this because the three stories it contains ain't that bad at all. I have a particular fondness for State Of Decay and Warrior's Gate. So, there.

Frank,
I agree with you. State Of Decay is worth watching for that quartet dance bit of conversation between the Doctor, Romana, Camilla and Zargo. And the frozen gray-ed out visuals in Warriors Gate are what I'm most looking forward to seeing after an 18-year hiatus since the last time I saw this story.

I think you and I should be on this jury Sid keeps referencing. That way we can ensure Sid loses the court battle.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957

The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Poster10

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:48 am

Patrick wrote:
I think you and I should be on this jury Sid keeps referencing. That way we can ensure Sid loses the court battle.

Someone's got to keep him in check.

I like Season 18 - most of it is pretty good, with the exception of 'Meglos' I'll grant you - and it definitely has a post-modern feel to it all.
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by barnaby morbius Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:47 am

i'll get it. but season 18 ain't one of my favourites. crap monsters and no jokes= bad dr who.

and i much prefer mary tamm's romana to lalalaa's- class!

for the record my best seasons are 16,3, 14 and new 3 and 4.
barnaby morbius
barnaby morbius
What about moi computer?

Number of posts : 1609
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Lionhe10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:01 am

barnaby salton wrote:and i much prefer mary tamm's romana to lalalaa's- class
Snap! I've always preferred the lovely Mary's take on the character to that of her replacement.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Graymalkin Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:14 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:
Graymalkin wrote:I certainly do...
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury...I rest my case...

A fair point, well made...
Graymalkin
Graymalkin
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 981
Awards : poster award
Registration date : 2008-11-06

http://twitter.com/uragraymalkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Carey Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:17 am

Graymalkin wrote:
Sid Seadevil wrote:

Nonsense, my old chum. Lalla Ward in a schoolgirl outfit running around Paris was pretty well the making of my lifetime's ambition at the tender age of eleven. Stand up and be proud in your Lalla-love.

Her fox hunting outfit in Horns of Nimon was incredibly affecting as well...
Very Happy
Lee Carey
Lee Carey
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 508

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:52 am

Lee Carey wrote:
Graymalkin wrote:
Sid Seadevil wrote:

Nonsense, my old chum. Lalla Ward in a schoolgirl outfit running around Paris was pretty well the making of my lifetime's ambition at the tender age of eleven. Stand up and be proud in your Lalla-love.

Her fox hunting outfit in Horns of Nimon was incredibly affecting as well...
Very Happy

Her beach-combing outfit in the Leisure Hive certainly worked for me.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Poster10

Back to top Go down

Post by stanmore Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:07 pm

Fandom fancies generally everyone who's walked by the Doctor's side (except for those named after extinct birds, in bomber jackets or speak with an Australian twang*), there must be more of a reason to be a Lalla fan than an on-coming lump...

*Twang, in some parts of the world, actually translates as squeal.
stanmore
stanmore
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1669
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:24 pm

barnaby salton wrote:and i much prefer mary tamm's romana to lalalaa's- class!
I wouldn't call myself immune to Lalla's charms, I like both Romanas. But Mary is easily my fave as well.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Kindes10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:59 pm

Awesome responses. 10/10!*

While back on topic...

At least the saving grace of even the most unwelcome releases are the extras. Even Battlefield had some interesting extras...
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by andrea Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:19 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:Awesome responses. 10/10!*

While back on topic...

At least the saving grace of even the most unwelcome releases are the extras. Even Battlefield had some interesting extras...
If I hadn't been getting Battlefield for* Christmas, I was going to pre-order** it. E-Space, I am going to wait for it.

I think I may be a heretic - or perhaps just the possessor of very bad taste.

This argument discussion about the relative merits of the two Romanas is ... Well, I was partway through typing a word to (jokingly) describe how I found the discussion when every alarm bell possible rang as I realised just how certain wrinklies, led by the Eocene, might see fit to interpret my post... Hmm...

* actually getting possession of it
just after Christmas...

** an ugly word which I am never sure
actually says what it means.
andrea
andrea
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 695
Awards : The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Kindes10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:54 am

andrea wrote:If I hadn't been getting Battlefield for* Christmas, I was going to pre-order** it. E-Space, I am going to wait for it.
Same here. As I said upthread, if I get it as a present, great. But actually buying it...

andrea wrote:I think I may be a heretic - or perhaps just the possessor of very bad taste.
I see no concrete evidence for either claim.

andrea wrote:This argument discussion about the relative merits of the two Romanas is ... Well, I was partway through typing a word to (jokingly) describe how I found the discussion when every alarm bell possible rang as I realised just how certain wrinklies, led by the Eocene, might see fit to interpret my post... Hmm...
*looks angelic*

Who? me?

*looks even more angelic*

andrea wrote:
** an ugly word which I am never sure
actually says what it means.
Same here
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Sid Seadevil wrote:Same here. As I said upthread, if I get it as a present, great. But actually buying it...
I was willing to buy it but the present route is so much nicer. Very Happy

Sid Seadevil wrote:*looks angelic*

Who? me?

*looks even more angelic*
A cunning if unconvincing illusion.

I look neither angelic nor devilish myself.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Kindes10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:35 am

Zoltar wrote:I was willing to buy it but the present route is so much nicer. Very Happy
Undoubtedly, my dear Zoltar.

*puffs pipe in a decidedly Sherlockian manner*

Zoltar wrote:A cunning if unconvincing illusion.
Unconvincing, you say? But I've been taking disguise lessons from the Master himself.

Zoltar wrote:I look neither angelic nor devilish myself.
Hmmmm...it seems to me that you look exactly how a Zoltar should look.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:16 pm

Sid Seadevil wrote:Unconvincing, you say? But I've been taking disguise lessons from the Master himself.
Oh, well...er...he is an *ahem* expert after all... Razz

Sid Seadevil wrote:Hmmmm...it seems to me that you look exactly how a Zoltar should look.
Depends on the Zoltar... Wink
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnstone McGuckian Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:52 am

Mine's arrived along with the Mark of the Rani DVD I ordered. I've got a busy weekend ahead Very Happy
Johnstone McGuckian
Johnstone McGuckian
Youngster Mod

Number of posts : 1722
Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:29 am

Johnstone McGuckian wrote:Mine's arrived along with the Mark of the Rani DVD I ordered. I've got a busy weekend ahead Very Happy

Congratulations, Johnstone. We expect a full report on the extras included in set.

Now here's an oddity: I've just checked Best Buy.com and acccording to their website, the E-Space trilogy isn't set for release until May 5th. I thought it came out this month.
scratch
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:32 am

Same thing on Amazon.com.

What's the delay?
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Flair Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:45 am

Johnstone McGuckian wrote:2 really brilliant stories and 1 not so brilliant. But I'll suffer even Warriors gate to own every story.

"Suffer"? But that's the brilliant one!

Well, when I say "brilliant" I mean "bearable"...
Rich Flair
Rich Flair
Master Deviant

Number of posts : 1656
The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Richfl10

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnstone McGuckian Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:00 am

Rich Flair wrote:
Johnstone McGuckian wrote:2 really brilliant stories and 1 not so brilliant. But I'll suffer even Warriors gate to own every story.

"Suffer"? But that's the brilliant one!

Well, when I say "brilliant" I mean "bearable"...
I think State of Decay is one of the best stories of them all. Full Circle isn't too bad, has its moments but unfortunately we gain Adric. Warriors gate... Propaganda for when Bidmead's regime took control of the world and tried to make everyone beleive rubbish.
Johnstone McGuckian
Johnstone McGuckian
Youngster Mod

Number of posts : 1722
Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Starfighter Pilot Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:50 am

Patrick wrote:Now here's an oddity: I've just checked Best Buy.com and acccording to their website, the E-Space trilogy isn't set for release until May 5th. I thought it came out this month.
scratch

Amazon.co.uk still says January 26th. How strange!
Starfighter Pilot
Starfighter Pilot
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 802
Awards : The E-Space Trilogy: Coming to DVD in 2009 (Do You Plan To Buy?) - Page 3 Kindes10
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next