Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night"

4 posters

Go down

Rate: "Dead of Night"

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Bar_left0%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Bar_left60%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Bar_right 60% 
[ 3 ]
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Bar_left20%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Bar_right 20% 
[ 1 ]
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Bar_left20%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Bar_right 20% 
[ 1 ]
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Bar_left0%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Empty Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night"

Post by Patrick Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:17 pm

Torchwood has been requisitioned to the other side of the pond.  A black ops agent has discovered her head screwed on incorrectly. Time to get on with episode 3, in which, I'm advised, Jack will confront Oswald Danes.

So, what did you think of this episode?  This thread will, of course, remain locked until after transmission of the story in North America, Friday night, July 22, 2011.  So let's hear your thoughts and reactions to this episode!
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Person10

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Empty Re: Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night"

Post by Patrick Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Well, that was a bit graphic in places. I'm going to watch it again before I comment.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Empty Re: Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night"

Post by Zoltar Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:17 pm

I thought that was a very good episode, I'm going to hold off on rating it for now cos I want to ponder that a bit. A lot of good questions were asked, the team was a lot more active this time. Felt like more of a team as well.

Spoiler:
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Kindes10
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:50 am

Spoiler:

Overall, a pretty satisfying episode. After an over-night mulling of the story, I'm giving it a 4/5.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:39 am

4/5 from me as well.

I think Jack's never felt more alive actually, all those years of immortality must've worn on him and he's enjoying risk again.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Kindes10
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Barlow Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:45 am

I went 3/5. I think I've worked out the problem with Miracle Day for me - RTD's come up with a pretty dark idea, similar to CoE, but the direction and production isn't really reflecting the nature of the story they're trying to tell. CoE was quite restrained in its filming style, quite dull colours etc, while this seems to be shot quite in quite a brash and colourful style. CoE was much more naturalistic, and I think that helped emphasise the horror more as it felt like an intrusion into the real world, while this feels more like something happening in TV land so you're not as connected to it.
Nick Barlow
Nick Barlow
Councillor Mod

Number of posts : 1213
Awards : Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Poster10
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Person10

http://www.nickbarlow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Found it incredibly dull in places, and Jack's lecture on safe gay sex was just completely out of place. 2/5.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 3: "Dead of Night" Richfl10

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down