Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line"

+2
Zoltar
Patrick
6 posters

Go down

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line"

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Bar_left20%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Bar_right 20% 
[ 1 ]
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Bar_left40%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Bar_right 40% 
[ 2 ]
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Bar_left40%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Bar_right 40% 
[ 2 ]
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Bar_left0%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Bar_left0%Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Empty Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line"

Post by Patrick Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:02 pm

So we come to the finale, and it appears to all be about The Families, and the Blessing.  A deep fissure in the Earth in Shanghai, China, stretches through the center of the Earth, all the way to Buenos Aires, Argentina.  And Jack's Blood can crawl across the floor on its own, toward the Shanghai entrance to The Blessing.

Will human kind get the ability to die back?  How do morphic fields enter into this conundrum?  And if mortality makes a come back, what does this portend for Jack?

All grist for the mill.  Let's hear your reaction to the season finale of Torchwood.  As per normal, this thread will remain locked until transmission of Torchwood occurs in North America this Friday, 11:00 PM Eastern time.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Person10

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Empty Re: Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line"

Post by Patrick Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:58 pm

The Face Of... Rex?
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Empty Re: Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line"

Post by Zoltar Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:13 pm

Definitely leaves things wide open for another series, should they wish one.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Kindes10
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Of all the people to make immortal... Rex? Really? He's been consistently the most unfeeling, unsympathetic, irritating character we've had.

And his immortality cost Esther her life.

I'm a bit less than happy with this outcome.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:15 am

Patrick wrote:Of all the people to make immortal... Rex? Really? He's been consistently the most unfeeling, unsympathetic, irritating character we've had.
I have to say, I think it'd be interesting to see how Rex reacts to this, cos he was already a maverick and a risk-taker before he became immortal.

Patrick wrote:And his immortality cost Esther her life.
Well, stopping the Family's scheme cost Esther her life. Rex gaining immortality was just an unanticipated side-effect.

Patrick wrote:I'm a bit less than happy with this outcome.
I'm sad Esther died, but Rex gaining immortality didn't surprise me. The question is, is it permanent?
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Kindes10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Flair Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:42 am

Weird series. I kind of enjoyed it, but probably wouldn't watch a repeat.
Rich Flair
Rich Flair
Master Deviant

Number of posts : 1656
Awards : Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Poster10
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Richfl10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:09 pm

That episode had Rusty written all over. Bombastic, corny, sad, ott and a little twist at the end. I think this was RTD at his best (i know he only co-wrote it but he did an awful lot of the co-writing) and I'm going to give it my only 5/5 of the series.

Overall though, a very uneven 10 weeks and I only stuck with it because it was Torchwood. At no stage was it ever *must watch* TV.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Barlow Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:46 pm

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Overall though, a very uneven 10 weeks and I only stuck with it because it was Torchwood. At no stage was it ever *must watch* TV.
My opinion too - the whole thing was a mess, but a very entertaining mess at times.

Thinking about it, I've worked out what the problem with it was and IMO, it shouldn't have started with the Miracle. Or at least, not the full-scale one. Imagine that rather than everyone in the whole world not dying, it starts with it just happening in a single area and appears to be synchronised with the non-death of Oswald, which is what propels him to stardom. Gwen and Jack are drawn in, while Rex and Esther discover that there's some conspiracy running through the CIA that's hindering their investigation. They then end up following what trail they can of the families, before discovering around the end of episode 6-7 what the real plan was - and that's when it happens to the whole planet (perhaps the earlier one was a test, and designed to draw Jack out of hiding so they could get more of his blood). Then, there's a chance to see what some of the consequences were, and a realisation that it's not a good thing, which then leads into something like the ending we had.

Anyway, I think we've seen the last episode of Torchwood, but if it does return, I'd like to point out that we saw Esther dying, and we saw her funeral, but we never actually saw the body. I call shenanigans on that one - what better time to fake your own death and go off the grid than when millions of category ones are dying?
Nick Barlow
Nick Barlow
Councillor Mod

Number of posts : 1213
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Person10

http://www.nickbarlow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Barlow Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:15 am

Oh, and it occurs to me that the final line should have been Jack's response to Rex's 'what did you do to me?'. I'd go for 'nothing, what do you want to me to do to you?' or something similarly cheesy.
Nick Barlow
Nick Barlow
Councillor Mod

Number of posts : 1213
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Person10

http://www.nickbarlow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by barnaby morbius Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:02 am

i can only agree-very uneven and overlong, with some good bits.

would have made a good 5 part story like children of earth.

however anything which features barrowman teaming up with a paedo to destroy a giant vagina must be worth a watch.
barnaby morbius
barnaby morbius
What about moi computer?

Number of posts : 1609
Rate Torchwood: Miracle Day Episode 10 "The Blood Line" Lionhe10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:27 am

Do you, perchance, think that Rusty was having fun with us?
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:52 am

I really don’t care what the writing credits for this episode say on screen – this finale is literally plastered with the tell-tale dabs of a patented Russell T Davies major rewrite.

Extravagantly overblown, sentimental, bombastic and wholly bonkers fun. Cute Blond Girl Whose Name I Now Don’t Even Have To Pretend To Remember bite the dust – I didn’t care. Angry Rex did a Jack and lived to see a possible sequel – I was expecting it. Visually uninspired “Blessing” remained visually uninspired – if you’re going to have a giant-sized MacGuffin – at least make it look interesting.

Bill Pullman turned himself into a human bomb and detonated himself – or at least one of the Bill Pullman’s did – the other was probably busily rewriting his CV to redact all mention of the series from it. “The Family” calmly took the ruination of their decades-in-the-making plan in their stride and muttered something about having a “Plan B” – which makes no logical sense whatsoever, since never once had any of them exhibited anything but absolute certainty that “Plan A”, would succeed.

I’ll gloss over the off-handed way that Jack’s uniqueness has been further diminished by having a second immortal up and running about. But I will say this: if Torchwood does return, Rex’s immortality better be shown fairly immediately to have been a one-off side-effect of having been transfused with Jack’s blood. Anything else…just no.

Overall series score 3/5

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down