Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate "The Time of Angels"

+13
Aspadistra
barnaby morbius
stanmore
Dave Webb
Zoltar
Exterminieren
Lucy McGough
Graymalkin
Dingdongalistic
Nick Barlow
Jennyjenkins
Patrick
The Co=Ordinator
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Rate "The Time of Angels"

Rate "The Time of Angels" - Page 3 Bar_left48%Rate "The Time of Angels" - Page 3 Bar_right 48% 
[ 12 ]
Rate "The Time of Angels" - Page 3 Bar_left36%Rate "The Time of Angels" - Page 3 Bar_right 36% 
[ 9 ]
Rate "The Time of Angels" - Page 3 Bar_left16%Rate "The Time of Angels" - Page 3 Bar_right 16% 
[ 4 ]
Rate "The Time of Angels" - Page 3 Bar_left0%Rate "The Time of Angels" - Page 3 Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rate "The Time of Angels" - Page 3 Bar_left0%Rate "The Time of Angels" - Page 3 Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 25

Rate "The Time of Angels" - Page 3 Empty Re: Rate "The Time of Angels"

Post by Mrs Lee Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:11 am

Graymalkin wrote:
Right's got nothing to do with it...
I really do think it has - stories unfold in different ways, and at different speeds. For me, at least, the direction and editing should complement the (variable, of course) pace of the narrative rather than try to constrain it or hurry it along....

Sorry but right doesn't have anything to do with it. The enjoyment of a show is subjective there is no right or wrong way to write a show. Further to that, what are you saying to the people that enjoyed the show which you are labelling as wrong? If you don't enjoy something that is your opinion that is not however, a universal fact so please don't treat it as one.
Mrs Lee
Mrs Lee
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 252
Awards : Rate "The Time of Angels" - Page 3 Poster10

Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by stanmore Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:55 am

To be fair, I don't think there's anything that does suggest that Gray is treating his opinion as "universal fact". Surely we're above needing the GB addendum "in my opinion..." to clarify that an opinion given is just the opinion of the opinion-giver?
stanmore
stanmore
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1669
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Flair Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:10 am

stanmore wrote:To be fair, I don't think there's anything that does suggest that Gray is treating his opinion as "universal fact". Surely we're above needing the GB addendum "in my opinion..." to clarify that an opinion given is just the opinion of the opinion-giver?

That's YOUR opinion.

Razz
Rich Flair
Rich Flair
Master Deviant

Number of posts : 1656
Awards : Rate "The Time of Angels" - Page 3 Poster10
Rate "The Time of Angels" - Page 3 Richfl10

Back to top Go down

Post by stanmore Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:00 am

Rich Flair wrote:
stanmore wrote:To be fair, I don't think there's anything that does suggest that Gray is treating his opinion as "universal fact". Surely we're above needing the GB addendum "in my opinion..." to clarify that an opinion given is just the opinion of the opinion-giver?

That's YOUR opinion.

Razz

Actually, I think I've copied it wholesale from somebody else on Gallifrey Base. Possibly Grafty...
stanmore
stanmore
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1669
Awards :

Back to top Go down

Post by Graymalkin Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:41 am

Mrs Lee wrote:Sorry but right doesn't have anything to do with it. The enjoyment of a show is subjective there is no right or wrong way to write a show. Further to that, what are you saying to the people that enjoyed the show which you are labelling as wrong? If you don't enjoy something that is your opinion that is not however, a universal fact so please don't treat it as one.

Clearly the use of the word 'nobody' in conjunction with 'The Beast Below' in my example was misguided - it seems to have got people's backs up, and for that I apologise. I perhaps should have left it as 'nobody likes a choppy mess', which would probably have been less controversial. I certainly don't attach any negative connotations to anybody who thought 'The Beast Below' was excellent. I don't understand their viewpoint one jot, but they're more than welcome to have it.

I certainly don't treat, or wish to give the impression that I treat, my opinion as 'universal fact'. 'More correct than anyone else's'ยน, yes, but never universally applied. In fact, the section you quote contains both 'I really do think' and 'for me, at least'.

Anyway, I do intend to watch 'The Beast Below' again and see if it shares more with 'Gridlock' than is at first apparent. It may even be proved 'right'...

1) This section of the post may not be entirely serious.
Graymalkin
Graymalkin
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 981
Awards : poster award
Registration date : 2008-11-06

http://twitter.com/uragraymalkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down