Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Universal Exports - The James Bond Thread

+11
Dave Webb
Zoltar
Rich Flair
Starfighter Pilot
barnaby morbius
The Browncoat Cat
Patrick
stanmore
The Co=Ordinator
Johnstone McGuckian
Sid Seadevil
15 posters

Page 23 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

Universal Exports - The James Bond Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: Universal Exports - The James Bond Thread

Post by The Browncoat Cat Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Patrick wrote:Not only does strain belief that such a movie even got made, it left the audience I was in the theater with giggling at the abursdity of the trailer.
And made in IMAX format too. Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters does sound ghastly beyond belief.
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1148
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-11-04

http://browncoatcat.gardd-lelog.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Universal Exports - The James Bond Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: Universal Exports - The James Bond Thread

Post by Patrick Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:39 am

Cat, it is ghastly, and I'm afraid its not beyond belief. I've started a thread on the subject, complete with the trailer.

Now, back to Bond. Rumor has it that Sam Mendes (Director) and this writer, Logan, who came in for Skyfall to ease Purvis and Wade out of the writer's chair, have come up with a story treatment for Bond's next installment that would actually take two movies to tell, and both would be shot at the same time, like The Hobbit. The rumor further goes on to state that Michael Wilson and Barbara Broccoli are considering the idea, and if they bite, this two movie project might become Daniel Craig's swan song in the role.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : Universal Exports - The James Bond Thread - Page 23 Person10

Universal Exports - The James Bond Thread - Page 23 Poster10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:21 pm

Can't say I am enamored by the two film arc idea, or Daniel Craig leaving when it is complete. Five films just isn't long enough in the role, I am hoping for a run of seven, like Roger Moore. The problem being DC would be touching fifty by the end of the seventh film. That shouldn't really be a problem though, RM was 57 when he hung up his Walther PPK.
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1148
Awards :

http://browncoatcat.gardd-lelog.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:05 am

Regardless of whether the two-film idea is actually going to happen, I agree that five films does seem a bit too short a time in the role, particularly given how popular Mr. Craig has been with audiences.

I've made the argument with my Eocene publisher that "50 being the new 40", Mr. Craig could easily stay in the role for easily another four movies. Apparently, Mr. Craig is finding the work-out regimen to stay in shape a bit harder to do than it was when he made his first couple of films. So, we'll just have to wait and see.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:20 am

Forgot to mention this...

I was INTERVIEWED IN MY LOCAL PAPER about my book.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnstone McGuckian Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:59 pm

Skyfall is now apparently the highest grossing film in the UK ever, beating Avatar. That's bloody impressive.

It's also apparently back to number 1 now, beating Breaking Wind part 2.
Johnstone McGuckian
Johnstone McGuckian
Youngster Mod

Number of posts : 1722
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:19 am

Johnstone McGuckian wrote:..beating Breaking Wind part 2.

Heh! Laughing

I was a little worried if the teen flick was going to knock Bond off his perch. I honestly don't think Bond has much to worry about from Box Office Competition until The Hobbit opens.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Skyfall opened in China yesterday, and it seems the Chinese censors took exception to some of the scenes and dialogue. I came across THIS ARTICLE which specifies three particular changes:

The scene were Ola Rapace's character, a French hitman, kills a security guard in a high-rise building in Shanghai, was completely removed from the film.

Bond's conversation with Severine, where he asks her if her tattoos are the result of her having been forced into prostitution at a young age, have also been retouched. Although the dialogue, in English, remains the same, the Chinese subtitles have been modified to suggest that Bond is enquiring about Severine's ties to the mob.

Finally, any mention of Silva's torture at the hands of the Chinese has also been scrubbed from the movie.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:06 am

Skyfall was a welcome return to form. Maybe 15 minutes too long, but still excellent.

Really hoping that The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences manage to get all the Bonds together on stage at the Oscars.

The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
Universal Exports - The James Bond Thread - Page 23 Richfl10

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:04 am

That is, according to all the relevant gossip, the plan, C=O.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:29 am

Back in December, about a week or so before Christmas, I was asked to participate in the taping of an interview for a local radio station host's weekend show. The interview was ostensibly about all things James Bond- he had seen an article about me and my book in a local newspaper, and wanted to have me on his show.

Well, the show aired on Sunday, January 20th. And it took until just this past weekend for the podcast of that show to be uploaded to his website.

Mike Boyle Radio Show Podcast for Jan. 20th 2013

Bear in mind that the podcast contains both hours of Mr. Boyle's show, and my interview is the second hour. The interview starts at the 41:19 mark. And I have to warn you that, typical of most radio hosts, Mike does love to hear the sound of his voice. With those caveats in place, hope you enjoy!
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:08 am

Bloody hell, couldn't you even be arsed to go into the studio??!! Razz

That Mike Boyle is an annoying tw*t. Enough to make you lose the will to live. Was nice to hear you get the occasional word in though Fast Liver.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:58 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Bloody hell, couldn't you even be arsed to go into the studio??!! Razz

Honestly, I don't even know where the studio is! Mike and I recorded that interview a few days before Christmas. He knew he was going to be out of Town the weekend of January 19th and 20th, so he needed to record some interviews for transmission on the day. Normally, his show takes the format of live remotes from restaurants around Denver and Colorado Springs. And the trick he gets to pack the place is that the restaurants where the live remote is occurring offer some special, unbelievably cheap menu offering.

The Co=Ordinator wrote:That Mike Boyle is an annoying tw*t. Enough to make you lose the will to live. Was nice to hear you get the occasional word in though Fast Liver.

Eyethanguuu...

By the way, Skyfall comes out on DVD next Tuesday, February 12th. So you can expect my review to occur after I've seen it again, seen it with the audio commentary, and plumbed through the Doctumentary Extras.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:24 am

I believe it's not out here till the 18th.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:36 am

Thought you all might appreciate this. Thanks to Empire Magazine, it's A Series Of Maps showing where in the world James Bond's movie adventures have taken them. The initial map is the composite for all his trips, but they have 29 other maps- organized by individual movie and as composities of all six actors in the role.

One glaring thing that jumps out at me- Bond has never been to Canada or Australia.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:16 am

If Oscar can't pull off the Bond reunion, then it will never happen. Shame. Sad
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:00 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:If Oscar can't pull off the Bond reunion, then it will never happen. Shame. Sad

Sadly, I think you are correct, C=O.

Honestly, what kind of a statement was the Academy making? The most successful film franchise in history- 23 movies in 50 years, six actors, at least three generations of fans, and loads of tremendously iconic moments in cinema history. And the best you can do to recognize 50 years of all that is haul Shirley Bassey out of retirement?
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:48 am

IT'S OFFICIAL

Bond 24 set for a release in the fall of 2015. Sam Mendes is to direct, John Logan is to write, Daniel Craig is to star, and we all get to watch.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Webb Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:28 pm

Allegedly, this will be based on Devil May Care.  This is the Sebastian Faulks novel, a Fleming Bond in the 1960s who seems tailor made for Daniel Craig to play.  I haven't read the book, but the Wiki gives a couple of quotes from Faulks describing Bond as a man in soft shoes with an underpowered gun whom you constantly worry for.

Sounds about right.

I still haven't seen Skyfall (it's on my list). I'm interested in the odd longevity of European heroes. Bond has been around for fifty years, Doctor Who has been around for 50 years...only American comic book heroes have this sort of lifespan. Or am I missing someone from US mythology?
Dave Webb
Dave Webb
Mod in Occupancy

Number of posts : 1175
Awards : Universal Exports - The James Bond Thread - Page 23 Poster10
Universal Exports - The James Bond Thread - Page 23 Person10

http://unsatirical.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Shame it will be a 3 year gap, but they wanted Mendes that badly. Given how excellent Skyfall was, I'm hopeful of another great movie.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:13 pm

I don't think the delay has everything to do with Mendes' availability. I think they're starting to discover that an additional year gives them time to ensure the script gets a nice level of polish to it. At least it's been my observation that when they have more than two years between films, the finished product tends to be a bit better.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:07 am

*coughs*

Die Another Day
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:28 am

DAD was actually ready to be made for a 2001 release. They delayed it a year to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the franchise.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:44 pm

Meh
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:45 am

GoldenEye was far better than License to Kill, and they had six years between those films. But Tomorrow Never Dies was awful, and only 2 years separated the first two Pierce Brosnan films.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next