Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate The Last Film You Watched (Whether You Liked It Or Not)

+23
Lee Carey
Pauli23
barnaby morbius
Lucy McGough
camino real
Dave Webb
Patrick
TOMSPY77
Aspadistra
Graymalkin
Rich Flair
The_Void
Frank
stanmore
Nick Barlow
Colin Hicks
Sid Seadevil
Zoltar
Kate
sheringham
72lf
Johnstone McGuckian
delgadofan
27 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Rate The Last Film You Watched (Whether You Liked It Or Not) - Page 5 Empty Re: Rate The Last Film You Watched (Whether You Liked It Or Not)

Post by Nick Barlow Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:24 pm

I watched King Arthur on TV last night. It was rubbish.
Nick Barlow
Nick Barlow
Councillor Mod

Number of posts : 1213
Awards : Rate The Last Film You Watched (Whether You Liked It Or Not) - Page 5 Poster10
Rate The Last Film You Watched (Whether You Liked It Or Not) - Page 5 Person10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

http://www.nickbarlow.com

Back to top Go down

Rate The Last Film You Watched (Whether You Liked It Or Not) - Page 5 Empty Re: Rate The Last Film You Watched (Whether You Liked It Or Not)

Post by Lucy McGough Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:15 am

That's the one where they photoshopped Keira Knightley's boobs in the posters to make them look bigger, right? Very Happy
Lucy McGough
Lucy McGough
Antediluvian

Number of posts : 3519
Awards : Rate The Last Film You Watched (Whether You Liked It Or Not) - Page 5 Poster10
Rate The Last Film You Watched (Whether You Liked It Or Not) - Page 5 Kindes10
Registration date : 2008-11-09

http://skeinofstars.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Barlow Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:53 am

Yes, the one with Sir Breasts-not-appearing-in-this-film.

Still, it might explain some of Bradley James' woodenness in Merlin - he saw Clive Owen in this, and though that's how you're meant to play Arthur.
Nick Barlow
Nick Barlow
Councillor Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy McGough Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:26 am

lol!
Lucy McGough
Lucy McGough
Antediluvian

Back to top Go down

Post by whoisthedoctor Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:17 pm

Nick Barlow wrote:I watched King Arthur on TV last night. It was rubbish.

I actually suspect I'd be a lot more forgicving of King Arthur if it had a different name, thus allowing me to stop comparing it to...well, good interpretations of Arthurian Legend.

It still wouldn't become really good, but it would become less intrinsically flawed.
whoisthedoctor
whoisthedoctor
Not-quite-wrinkly

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:33 pm

whoisthedoctor wrote:
Nick Barlow wrote:I watched King Arthur on TV last night. It was rubbish.

I actually suspect I'd be a lot more forgicving of King Arthur if it had a different name, thus allowing me to stop comparing it to...well, good interpretations of Arthurian Legend.

It still wouldn't become really good, but it would become less intrinsically flawed.
Perhaps. That it's supposed to be Arthur definitely doesn't help...
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Awards : Rate The Last Film You Watched (Whether You Liked It Or Not) - Page 5 Person10
Rate The Last Film You Watched (Whether You Liked It Or Not) - Page 5 Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Webb Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:27 pm

It was supposed to be an attempt to place the Arthur myth into some sort of historic context. It failed.

The last movie I watched was Curse of Frankenstien, because I fancied a bit of vintage Hammer. I was not disappointed.
Dave Webb
Dave Webb
Mod in Occupancy

Number of posts : 1175

http://unsatirical.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Graymalkin Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:34 pm

I finally got round to watching my copy of My Name is Bruce last night. Groovy out of ten - and the extras sure give you some sugar...
Graymalkin
Graymalkin
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 981
Awards : poster award
Registration date : 2008-11-06

http://twitter.com/uragraymalkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Barlow Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:43 am

Dave Webb wrote:It was supposed to be an attempt to place the Arthur myth into some sort of historic context. It failed.
Yes, I think when a film claims to be basing itself on history then has a Roman Empire controlled by the Pope in 467AD Britain sending soldiers to deal with a Saxon invasion from north of Hadrian's Wall, it's wandered deep into the realms of Epic Historical Accuracy Fail.
Nick Barlow
Nick Barlow
Councillor Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy McGough Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:59 am

lol! again.
Lucy McGough
Lucy McGough
Antediluvian

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:51 pm

Dave Webb wrote:The last movie I watched was Curse of Frankenstien, because I fancied a bit of vintage Hammer. I was not disappointed.
Nice choice. Might have to watch that again myself.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Awards : Rate The Last Film You Watched (Whether You Liked It Or Not) - Page 5 Person10

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:56 pm

Nick Barlow wrote:
Dave Webb wrote:It was supposed to be an attempt to place the Arthur myth into some sort of historic context. It failed.
Yes, I think when a film claims to be basing itself on history then has a Roman Empire controlled by the Pope in 467AD Britain sending soldiers to deal with a Saxon invasion from north of Hadrian's Wall, it's wandered deep into the realms of Epic Historical Accuracy Fail.
Well said. Shame, the whole 'photoshopped boobs' thing suggested it was going to be a serious historical drama.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by whoisthedoctor Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:10 am

Well, it's hard to tell the "true history" of a character who's an amalgam of several real people with a more than generous smattering of completely made-up stuff.

It's still better than First Knight, though.

The last movie I watched was Curse of Frankenstien, because I fancied a bit of vintage Hammer. I was not disappointed.

That the one with Troughton in it or am I mixing up my Hammers?
whoisthedoctor
whoisthedoctor
Not-quite-wrinkly

Back to top Go down

Post by whoisthedoctor Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:12 am

Zoltar wrote:Well said. Shame, the whole 'photoshopped boobs' thing suggested it was going to be a serious historical drama.

I want it on record that, despite thinking the film is pretty rubbish, I have absolutely no problem with a good pair of photoshopped boobs. Twisted Evil
whoisthedoctor
whoisthedoctor
Not-quite-wrinkly

Back to top Go down

Post by whoisthedoctor Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:21 am

Watched 2 recently. State of Play which was a fairly standard political thriller. There was some decent acting from Russell Crowe (with a reminder that he's perfectly capable of playing non-tough guys), and some slightly less impressive acting from Ben Affleck (who actually doesn't have as much screen time as the previews suggest.) It was a decent, if largely forgettable film. As with most thrillers it felt the need to throw a couple of last minute twists in, both of which are pretty predictable.

Also recently rewatched Sleepy Hollow. Actually, this was technically the first time I'd seen the first 20 minutes or so of it. It remains good value. Nice atmosphere, good music and a plot that really could fit into Doctor Who without a whole lot of alteration (just pop the Doctor in for Crane and toss in some technobabble to explain the "magic." Even the romance wouldn't be problematic these days.)

Oh, and as always happens when I watch that movie, I'm struck by the idea that Christopher Walken's head on top of Ray Park's body is one of the most singularly creepy concepts I can imagine.
whoisthedoctor
whoisthedoctor
Not-quite-wrinkly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Flair Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:10 am

Watched Crank last night. It were great.
Rich Flair
Rich Flair
Master Deviant

Number of posts : 1656
Rate The Last Film You Watched (Whether You Liked It Or Not) - Page 5 Richfl10

Back to top Go down

Post by whoisthedoctor Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:34 am

Rich Flair wrote:Watched Crank last night. It were great.

The first or the new one?
whoisthedoctor
whoisthedoctor
Not-quite-wrinkly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Webb Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:11 pm

Last film: Flesh for Frankenstein.

Verdict: Mental out of ten.
Dave Webb
Dave Webb
Mod in Occupancy

Number of posts : 1175

http://unsatirical.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:00 am

Film 1: "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People"

Verdict: Simon Pegg shows he has both range and a grasp of subtlety. Unfortunately, it occurs in a movie with a group of characters so narcissistic, I couldn't be bothered to develop any particular fondness for any of them. 2 out of 10.

Film 2: "The Spirit"

Verdict: Combine the graphics of "Sin City" with the campiness of the 1960's Batman TV show, and throw in an over the top Samuel L. "Mother-F*ing" Jackson, and get something that's watchable. It won't, however, leave you feeling as if you've really watched something cleverly constructed, the way Sin City did. 5 out of 10.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:04 pm

Patrick wrote:Film 2: "The Spirit"

Verdict: Combine the graphics of "Sin City" with the campiness of the 1960's Batman TV show, and throw in an over the top Samuel L. "Mother-F*ing" Jackson, and get something that's watchable. It won't, however, leave you feeling as if you've really watched something cleverly constructed, the way Sin City did. 5 out of 10.
Hrmm. Watchable you say? I've yet to summon the desire to attempt sitting through it myself.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:14 pm

Zoltar wrote:Hrmm. Watchable you say? I've yet to summon the desire to attempt sitting through it myself.

Well, you have to meet it half way. Hence the 5.
Razz
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:55 pm

Patrick wrote:
Zoltar wrote:Hrmm. Watchable you say? I've yet to summon the desire to attempt sitting through it myself.

Well, you have to meet it half way. Hence the 5.
Razz
That may be a challenge, but I suppose I shall at some point. Wink
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy McGough Sat May 02, 2009 2:56 am

X-Men: The Last Stand. It was rubbish. However, in the spirit of fairness I feel compelled to point out that Jean Grey was hot. Especially when she went psycho.
Lucy McGough
Lucy McGough
Antediluvian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Lee Sat May 02, 2009 12:45 pm

Coraline and it wasn't bad, I enjoyed it and it was another film in 3D. I'd watch it again.
Mrs Lee
Mrs Lee
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 252

Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by barnaby morbius Sat May 02, 2009 1:29 pm

Mrs Lee wrote:Coraline and it wasn't bad, I enjoyed it and it was another film in 3D. I'd watch it again.

ooh. i want to see this(it's a great book)

one person who won't be watching is my elder sister who suffers from koumpounophobia

(fear of buttons)
barnaby morbius
barnaby morbius
What about moi computer?

Number of posts : 1609
Rate The Last Film You Watched (Whether You Liked It Or Not) - Page 5 Lionhe10
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next