Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, the 11th Doctor...

+34
Jennyjenkins
warped
millerqueen
Arisia
andrea
Starfighter Pilot
The_Void
Witchypoo
Patrick
Zoltar
Lucy McGough
Balbinder Mann
Aspadistra
Matthew Kilburn
sheringham
Graymalkin
whoisthedoctor
stanmore
Rich Flair
Dave Webb
72lf
Sid Seadevil
delgadofan
Horizon Chaser
Kate
Johnstone McGuckian
The Browncoat Cat
Nick Barlow
Frank
camino real
barnaby morbius
Lee Carey
The Co=Ordinator
Colin Hicks
38 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Who will be announced on DWC 3rd January as the 11th Doctor?

So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Bar_left0%So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Bar_left38%So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Bar_right 38% 
[ 8 ]
So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Bar_left14%So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Bar_right 14% 
[ 3 ]
So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Bar_left0%So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Bar_left29%So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Bar_right 29% 
[ 6 ]
So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Bar_left5%So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Bar_right 5% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Bar_left14%So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Bar_right 14% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Empty Re: So, the 11th Doctor...

Post by Horizon Chaser Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:20 am

What about the Sun posting that "spanner in the works" that The Grand Moff may favour an older actor? Does that send the Nighy crowd into wild anticipation? Or is it a bluff on the Sun's part just to sell papers with filled space?
Horizon Chaser
Horizon Chaser
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Hicks Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:24 am

Horizon Chaser wrote:What about the Sun posting that "spanner in the works" that The Grand Moff may favour an older actor? Does that send the Nighy crowd into wild anticipation? Or is it a bluff on the Sun's part just to sell papers with filled space?

It's quoting from an interview he gave 9 years ago, which is directly at odds with another one in July this year. Regardless of how much SupremeDalek1 and other idiots are jumping on it, it's magnificently irrelevant.
Colin Hicks
Colin Hicks
Benign Dictator

Number of posts : 1308
Awards : So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Creato10
Registration date : 2008-11-03

http://siskoid.com/whoccg

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:38 am

I'd pay good money to see a Supreme Dalek jump....
Kate
Antipodean Eye of Sauron

Number of posts : 858
Awards : So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Person10
So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Creato10

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Hicks Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:41 am

It could manage some sort of vague approximation by switching its antigrav on, aiming forward a bit, then switiching off again...
Colin Hicks
Colin Hicks
Benign Dictator

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Chaser Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am

Doc Filth wrote:It could manage some sort of vague approximation by switching its antigrav on, aiming forward a bit, then switiching off again...

But how would you pull that off with CO's RC SD, eh?
Horizon Chaser
Horizon Chaser
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Hicks Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:54 am

I'd start by putting it somewhere near the edge of the table...
Colin Hicks
Colin Hicks
Benign Dictator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Barlow Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:07 pm

Horizon Chaser wrote:
Doc Filth wrote:It could manage some sort of vague approximation by switching its antigrav on, aiming forward a bit, then switiching off again...

But how would you pull that off with CO's RC SD, eh?
Right, I'm calling Character Options and suggesting that the must have toy for next Xmas is the Dalek Trampoline.
Nick Barlow
Nick Barlow
Councillor Mod

Number of posts : 1213
Awards : So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Poster10
So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Person10

http://www.nickbarlow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by delgadofan Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:06 pm

I posted this on Roobarb's (no way Jose is it going onto TDWF) yesterday:

Erm, okay, let's get it over with:

---------------------

I'm not usually one for going all "Psst, guess what..." (one reason why I'll keep this away from OG/TDWF because I'd be ripped to shreds) but my wife knows a bloke who has active dealings with the show and is working on the 2009 specials at the moment (I won't say in what capacity due to his own request) and he let loose some info today:

1) The Master and Daleks definitely return next year.

Yeah, whatever...But THIS is the really interesting bit:

2) He ran through the shortlist of actors for Doc 11 which amounted to ONLY three names: Paterson Joseph (yeah, we know)...and David Morrissey. The third name has since been aborted but was actually...(hang on to your knickers coz this is apparently for real)...Jennifer bloody Saunders (!).

(btw, the mooted Sean Pertwee wasn't considered)

My wife told him that she really hoped that Morrissey would get the part. He replied mysteriously (knowing full well that she knows the story and rumours behind the Xmas special): "Ohhhhhhh, would you nowwwwww?" with almost a wink attached to that statement.

Make of that what you will.

--------------------------------------
delgadofan
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:39 pm

Please let it be Morrissey (er...David, not the ex-Smiths frontman). Thanks for sharing that Delgadofan. Jennifer fucking Saunders! Are they off their tits on something?
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 922

http://www.cathoderaytube.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:34 pm

Thanks Delgardofan - David Morrissey would certainly ring the bell for me.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Barlow Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:39 am

Thanks DF - I've been ruling Morrissey out of my speculation because of his appearance in The Next Doctor, but he'd be a great choice. This could be the ultimate combination of RTD's showman tendencies (let's show the next Doctor before the regeneration and hide him in plain sight!) and Moffat's wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey shenanigans.

Anyone else remember the Jennifer Saunders rumour from last year? There was talk about her appearing as the Doctor in a special, and it might have come from this (especially if there was a long-term plan for the regeneration).
Nick Barlow
Nick Barlow
Councillor Mod

Number of posts : 1213

http://www.nickbarlow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by delgadofan Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:36 am

The way I see the Christmas special panning out (if Morrissey is indeed the Doctor) is that a chap declaring himself to be the Doctor appears in Victorian England, the real Doctor exposes him as a fraud quite soonish but is amused by his own take on what he perceives the Doctor to be like, allowing a few in-jokes about fandom and stereotypical images of Doctor's look and persona - Olde English garments, maybe a very VERY strong streak of Received Pronounciation, you know the drill. The two Docs have a rollicking adventure, defeat the Cybermen and say their goodbyes. In the last scenes of the show the 'Next Doctor''s companion (a future REAL companion, too?) unveils for the audience's benefit only: a Chamelion Arch device, maybe a good 'ole fob watch...and it all falls into place. Perhaps we can view the new Doctor's real personality (as opposed to a Jacobi/Master or John Smith-style contrast) for a few precious minutes before the credits roll.

That's my guess.

If complete bollocks, I'd say Paterson Joseph will grab the part.

The chap my wife spoke to has worked on the show since 2004 (she didn't know this until a year ago!), and I'm surprised he felt happy to say as much as he did. The Dalek and Master confirmations were almost matter-of-fact, but he wouldn't allow himself to confirm the Doc outright, perhaps wisely. One thing's for sure, he has worked on the Christmas Special and is hard at work on the 2009 shows.
delgadofan
Properly wrinkly

Back to top Go down

So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Empty 11th Doctor

Post by 72lf Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:53 pm

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Jack Davenport, Ben Miles, Richard Coyle or Richard Mylan.

Well, sir, Iv been touting Ben Miles a while now. Its really nothing more than a personal wish, of course.
Yes, Iv recently got the complete Coupling boxset and am loving it.
and while I immediatly didmissed Davenport as too wishy washy, Im warming to the idea.
Richard Coyle, didnt fall out with Moff as such from what Iv been reading, as much as finished shooting s3 and just got his agent to tell him he wasnt going to do s4.Neve rgave him a reason. He stated that he fely any more and hed be typecast, which is fair enough. Steven is a practical sort of fellow and doesnt seem to hold grudges.
The only thing I could see as going against Richard Coyle, is the fact that, like Eccleston, he loathes the media, press , interviews etc...and a show like Who needs a lot. He detests that sort of thing. This is where David is a godsend to the production team.he plays that game well and doesnt take it too seriously. Let the press do what they want, dont get annoyed, they are going to do it anyway.
Which is where I come to Ben Miles.
Watching him in Coupling, or Vfor Vendetta or Speed Racer, hes very much a chamelion.I dont think anyone really knows him.
Hes a good looking chap, like David, ladies like him and chaps like him too., hes about the right age.he has a wonderfully expressive face and meticulous comic and dramatic timing and charisma and charm in abundance. Great presance too.
Watch some of the group scenes where he is not required to do anything. Now I dont know much about acting but I can imagine that that could be rather difficult to pull off.......for some reason even when hes not the focus of the scen, you are drawn to him...he has a warm magnetism.
In short, if it was Davenport, I wouldnt be disappointed, Richard Mylan, had a very difficult job in S4 where we had theJeff fans and Oliver , Richards Mylans character, has not only to be introduced, he has to earn a place in the group, on the sofa and with the fans.
He pulled it off rather well I think.
any one of them would be great, but BEN MILES is by far one of the most talented actors Iv seen in a while.
72lf
72lf
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:09 pm

The basis of my post, pure and simple, is that I've decided it's going to be someone from Coupling. As I'm sure you know I don't have any inside info on this, just a postion I've decided to take, because I think we all need to be in such a position just incase we end up being proven right.

Ben Miles would indeed be very good, he ticks lots of boxes. But if they want to keep the squee squad on board, then Davenport's the man. He's been on my radar ever since the awesome Ultraviolet and maybe now is his time.

Which means it'll be Paterson. Razz
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Richfl10

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:49 pm

I know Ben Miles from Larkrise rather than Coupling....he'd be good. Richard Coyle was highly under-rated in Strange and he'd be good too. Jack Davenport I really liked in This Life and Ultraviolet...and again, a good choice.

It'll be Wee Jimmy Krankie though.... Very Happy
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Webb Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:55 pm

I'm finding it very difficult to come up with any sensible options, largely because - Jennifer Saunders aside - these are all good choices.

It's still a nice time to be a fan.
Dave Webb
Dave Webb
Mod in Occupancy

Number of posts : 1175

http://unsatirical.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Flair Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:47 am

I find it very hard to like Jack Davenport at all - which is why he was so good at playing Miles in This Life. Unfortunately, I want to like the next Doctor.

Paterson Joseph!
Rich Flair
Rich Flair
Master Deviant

Number of posts : 1656
So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Richfl10

Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by stanmore Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:29 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Interesting to see how the odds have changed over the past 5 days (as per Paddy Power)

4th November

David Morrisey 3 - 1
Paterson Joseph 6 - 1
James Nesbitt 8 - 1
Chiwetel Ejiofor 8 - 1
John Simm 10 - 1
Russell Tovey 10 - 1
Anthony Head 12 - 1
Robert Carlyle 14 - 1
David Walliams 14 - 1
Richard E. Grant 16 - 1
Sean Pertwee 18 - 1
Aidan Gillen 18 - 1
Nigel Harman 20 - 1
Jack Davenport 20 - 1
Harry Lloyd 20 - 1
Alexander Armstrong 25 - 1
Julian Walsh 25 - 1
Adrian Lester 25 - 1
Julian Rhind-Tutt 33 - 1
Rupert Penry-Jones 33 - 1
James McAvoy 33 - 1

From that I would be mighty annoyed to see either Pertwee or Bull-frog Nesbitt get the part. I don't think I have ever seen Chiwetel Ejiofor in anything apart from Love, Actually, which I imagine would be a cruel way of judging him. I'd like Paterson Joseph to get the part... or re-make Neverwhere just for my benefit...
stanmore
stanmore
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1669
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by barnaby morbius Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:01 am

stanmore wrote:
The Co=Ordinator wrote:Interesting to see how the odds have changed over the past 5 days (as per Paddy Power)

4th November

David Morrisey 3 - 1
Paterson Joseph 6 - 1
James Nesbitt 8 - 1
Chiwetel Ejiofor 8 - 1
John Simm 10 - 1
Russell Tovey 10 - 1
Anthony Head 12 - 1
Robert Carlyle 14 - 1
David Walliams 14 - 1
Richard E. Grant 16 - 1
Sean Pertwee 18 - 1
Aidan Gillen 18 - 1
Nigel Harman 20 - 1
Jack Davenport 20 - 1
Harry Lloyd 20 - 1
Julian Walsh 25 - 1
Adrian Lester 25 - 1
Julian Rhind-Tutt 33 - 1
James McAvoy 33 - 1

From that I would be mighty annoyed to see either Pertwee or Bull-frog Nesbitt get the part. I don't think I have ever seen Chiwetel Ejiofor in anything apart from Love, Actually, which I imagine would be a cruel way of judging him. I'd like Paterson Joseph to get the part... or re-make Neverwhere just for my benefit...

it's funny though- in 1970 Jon Petrtwee was the bloke who did funny voices on the radio and who was in carry on films. but he ended up being pretty good.

so we'll see. altohugh i was suprised not to see michael sheen there at all...
barnaby morbius
barnaby morbius
What about moi computer?

Number of posts : 1609
So, the 11th Doctor... - Page 2 Lionhe10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Browncoat Cat Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:37 pm

I am now starting to hope that David Morrissey has got the gig. I think that the production team at the Upper Boat studios knew David Tennant was leaving as far back as last April and were so blown away by David Morrissey that they cast him straight away. However I still think that the character he plays in The Next Doctor turns out to be a fake and when David Morrissey makes his debut his Doctor will not be wearing a brown frock coat and a bright read waistcoat. Because, lets face it, Morrissey's costume in The Next Doctor is exactly the sort of thing some of the more reactionary Fans over in the Other Place would like the Doctor to wear.
The Browncoat Cat
The Browncoat Cat
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1148
Awards :

http://browncoatcat.gardd-lelog.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by delgadofan Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:08 pm

The Browncoat Cat wrote:I am now starting to hope that David Morrissey has got the gig. I think that the production team at the Upper Boat studios knew David Tennant was leaving as far back as last April and were so blown away by David Morrissey that they cast him straight away. However I still think that the character he plays in The Next Doctor turns out to be a fake and when David Morrissey makes his debut his Doctor will not be wearing a brown frock coat and a bright read waistcoat. Because, lets face it, Morrissey's costume in The Next Doctor is exactly the sort of thing some of the more reactionary Fans over in the Other Place would like the Doctor to wear.

Hmmm, I reckon Morrissey's fake Doctor will be exposed fairly early on in the special in order to telegraph a horde of in-jokes and satirical swipes at Whodom in general (eg the stereotypical costume, strong RP etc) with, as I said earlier, a Chamelion Arch-style twist ending.

But I like your idea, too.

Place yer bets. bounce
delgadofan
Properly wrinkly

Back to top Go down

Post by whoisthedoctor Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:37 am

stanmore wrote:

4th November

David Morrisey 3 - 1
Paterson Joseph 6 - 1
James Nesbitt 8 - 1
Chiwetel Ejiofor 8 - 1
John Simm 10 - 1
Russell Tovey 10 - 1
Anthony Head 12 - 1
Robert Carlyle 14 - 1
David Walliams 14 - 1
Richard E. Grant 16 - 1
Sean Pertwee 18 - 1
Aidan Gillen 18 - 1
Nigel Harman 20 - 1
Jack Davenport 20 - 1
Harry Lloyd 20 - 1
Julian Walsh 25 - 1
Adrian Lester 25 - 1
Julian Rhind-Tutt 33 - 1
James McAvoy 33 - 1

If you get the chance, check CE out in Serenity or in Children of Men. Very good in both.
whoisthedoctor
whoisthedoctor
Not-quite-wrinkly

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Graymalkin Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:42 am

whoisthedoctor wrote:If you get the chance, check CE out in Serenity or in Children of Men. Very good in both.

I'd recommend his performances in Dirty Pretty Things and Kinky Boots, also...
Graymalkin
Graymalkin
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 981
Awards : poster award
Registration date : 2008-11-06

http://twitter.com/uragraymalkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:50 am

Graymalkin wrote:
whoisthedoctor wrote:If you get the chance, check CE out in Serenity or in Children of Men. Very good in both.

Seconded. He's always great value - but usually even moreso in smaller, more intimate projects.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:52 am

Graymalkin wrote:

Oh, he's fab in Kinky Boots. It's such a mind-fuck of a performance. Love it. <Craig Revel-Horwood>Fab-u-lous</Craig Revel-Horwood>

Last edited by Frank on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next