Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman: The Brave and the Bold

+6
Patrick
millerqueen
Colin Hicks
72lf
Zoltar
Sid Seadevil
10 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Batman: The Brave and the Bold - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Patrick Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:21 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:
Zoltar wrote:According to the advert for the next episode...

Spoiler:
That'll do me!

Me, too!
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : Batman: The Brave and the Bold - Page 4 Person10

Batman: The Brave and the Bold - Page 4 Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Batman: The Brave and the Bold - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Post by Zoltar Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:36 pm

Sid Seadevil wrote:
Zoltar wrote:It was, they can't roll on the next episode fast enough. Smile
Agree absolutely. Oh, and I've just remembered the wonderful sly dig at the competition when the Red Hood off-handedly mentions that he sent the bomb to
Spoiler:
Very Happy
Spoiler:
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Batman: The Brave and the Bold - Page 4 Kindes10
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:08 pm

Yet another fine episode...

Spoiler:
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Chaser Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:43 pm

I am super glad to find this thread! I thought I'd be the only one enjoying this show. Sure do hope it gets picked up for another season!

The two-parter was great. Was wishing for Mark Hamill to voice the Joker again, but Andrea Romano knows what she's doing! And the second part having the Bob Kane homage was really nice.

Can't wait for the Adam Strange episode. He was neglected by Bruce Timm and that will always be the sore spot in the Timmiverse for me.

Still, I am really enjoying this Silver Age interpretation.
Horizon Chaser
Horizon Chaser
Properly wrinkly

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:44 pm

Horizon Chaser wrote:I am super glad to find this thread! I thought I'd be the only one enjoying this show. Sure do hope it gets picked up for another season!

The two-parter was great. Was wishing for Mark Hamill to voice the Joker again, but Andrea Romano knows what she's doing! And the second part having the Bob Kane homage was really nice.

Can't wait for the Adam Strange episode. He was neglected by Bruce Timm and that will always be the sore spot in the Timmiverse for me.

Still, I am really enjoying this Silver Age interpretation.
According to the Wikipedia and IMDb, the Adam Strange episode actually is from the second season. I don't know why they're playing it now, hot on the heels of the end of season one, but I'm certainly not complaining. Very Happy A trip to Rann sounds great to me.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:45 pm

"Mystery In Space!" An excellent episode, easily one of my favorites so far. Very Happy

Spoiler:
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:41 pm

Another great episode this week...

Spoiler:
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Chaser Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:03 pm

Zoltar wrote:Another great episode this week...

Spoiler:

Much agreed. Batman: B&B was sorely missed this week due to Ben10 season finale. At least we had a very good episode to get us through the dry spell. However, I've not noticed any ads for any upcoming new episodes.

My hope is that they are making more Batman: B&B so that there's more episodes. It seems they are already airing some S2 episodes, so why not be producing s3 & s4? If they're only doing 13 episodes per season, then it's time to get those future ones processing in the pipeline.

BTW, was very happy to see Jay Garrick being used as this version's Flash! Not to keen on his voice, but very glad to see the original, Golden Age Flash getting some long overdue screentime.

I wonder who else they may be trotting out. The mix of Golden Age & Silver Age gives me a lot of hope for S3 & S4. Here's hoping we get a "Seven Soldiers of Victory" episode/arc. (Of course, that would mean having to see Speedy and if we see Speedy, at some point we'll have to see Robin).
Horizon Chaser
Horizon Chaser
Properly wrinkly

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:39 pm

We've seen Speedy in the series already, I remember him using Robin's old "Holy (fill in the blank)!" schtick during the episode with Deadman. As for the number of episodes, I read this report not long ago...

Production has begun at Warner Bros. Animation on a second set of 26 episodes of Cartoon Network's Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

"So there will be 52 episodes -- at least," producer Michael Jelenic said last weekend at Wonder Con while promoting the Wonder Woman animated movie he wrote.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Chaser Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:27 am

Zoltar wrote:We've seen Speedy in the series already, I remember him using Robin's old "Holy (fill in the blank)!" schtick during the episode with Deadman. As for the number of episodes, I read this report not long ago...

Production has begun at Warner Bros. Animation on a second set of 26 episodes of Cartoon Network's Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

"So there will be 52 episodes -- at least," producer Michael Jelenic said last weekend at Wonder Con while promoting the Wonder Woman animated movie he wrote.

Ta muchly for that, Zolty! I had forgotten about Speedy's appearance in the DeadMan eppy. Was it the same voice actor who played him in "Teen Titans" and "Justice League: Unlimited"? Regardless, we've got the shot at a '7 Soldiers' story (arc, hopefully) now.

So glad to learn there'll be 52 episodes total at least. The orginal run of Batman:TAS had around 80. Anyway, we'll soon see enough for it to be syndicated or whatever. They always try to get one for each week of the year, but we Batman fans always want more...if it's good. And if they know ahead of time what the number is, they can plan out a great series.

Now, I'm also hoping for a Captain Marvel episode.
Horizon Chaser
Horizon Chaser
Properly wrinkly

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:06 pm

Horizon Chaser wrote:Now, I'm also hoping for a Captain Marvel episode.
If they do, hopefully we'll see Black Adam as well.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Chaser Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:10 pm

Yes, I suspect we'll also see Blue Demon and Booster Gold at some point. What would be really nice is to see Batman team up with not just Robin, but the whole Teen Titans. I doubt that would happen, but it would be nice. Right now, I'm glad just to stick with the series.

Looks like CN is starting over with the serise from the beginning. This week we had the second episode which introduced Aquaman. I don't remember what's next, but I'll enjoy the whole second outing as it can only lead up to the next 26 new episodes. There's just so much richness to mine in the DCU without having to dig out Supes & Wonder Woman.
Horizon Chaser
Horizon Chaser
Properly wrinkly

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:48 pm

I'm expecting Booster as well, hopefully with Blue Beetle in the same episode. Tis true, there's certainly no shortage of characters or history for them to tap in order to produce more episodes.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Chaser Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:00 am

Just checked IMDB.com. Booster Gold is definitely in an upcoming episode. And the guy that plays "Fry" in "Futurama" is reprising his role as Booster's little robot sidekick (he played it in "Justice League Unlimited" 'The Greatest Story Never Told').

Oh, and this morning we had the Dead Man episode. Speedy was definitely in it, though not voiced by the same guy as in "Teen Titans" and "Justice League Unlimited". Sad

Still, that does give me hope for a Seven Soldiers of Victory story.
Horizon Chaser
Horizon Chaser
Properly wrinkly

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:42 pm

Horizon Chaser wrote:Just checked IMDB.com. Booster Gold is definitely in an upcoming episode. And the guy that plays "Fry" in "Futurama" is reprising his role as Booster's little robot sidekick (he played it in "Justice League Unlimited" 'The Greatest Story Never Told').
Skeets was the bot's name, if memory serves. According to the character page for Booster on IMDB, Tom Everett Scott will be back to voice him again. He was also in 'The Greatest Story Never Told'.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Mon May 04, 2009 5:15 pm

It appears "Night of the Huntress!" will be airing this Friday. And there's an episode in the future with Bat-Mite according to Wikipedia. A bit scary that... affraid Very Happy
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Sat May 09, 2009 5:04 pm

Great episode...

Spoiler:

Is Batman channeling The Tick? Very Happy
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Chaser Sun May 17, 2009 2:16 pm

Yeah, I can see it now, little boys and girls playing in the playground and some little girl gets punched by some little boy pretending to be Batman. Then the poor little sod gets in trouble for hitting a girl.
Horizon Chaser
Horizon Chaser
Properly wrinkly

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Chaser Sun May 17, 2009 2:18 pm

This week we finally had the Booster Gold episode. I was glad the two voice actors reprised their roles. They did a good job. Like so many other of the characters, I think BG & Skeets were set up for a return.

Next week, according to the commercials, Robin makes his first appearance in the series. Can't wait to see how that is done.
Horizon Chaser
Horizon Chaser
Properly wrinkly

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Sun May 17, 2009 4:52 pm

Horizon Chaser wrote:This week we finally had the Booster Gold episode. I was glad the two voice actors reprised their roles. They did a good job. Like so many other of the characters, I think BG & Skeets were set up for a return.
Yeah, I'd say they'll be back. Even if just in a few cameos or in an opening teaser for a future episode.

Horizon Chaser wrote:Next week, according to the commercials, Robin makes his first appearance in the series. Can't wait to see how that is done.
Looks like an older Robin from what images I've seen.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Chaser Mon May 18, 2009 5:58 pm

Yeah, but the different costumes shown mean either flashbacks or more than one Boy Wonder...or it could just mean more than one Robin costume.

I'll bet they use Dick Grayson. We already know he's a teenager because of an earlier ep's line B-man says to the Blue Beetle about Robin being with the Teen Titans.
Horizon Chaser
Horizon Chaser
Properly wrinkly

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Mon May 18, 2009 6:16 pm

Horizon Chaser wrote:Yeah, but the different costumes shown mean either flashbacks or more than one Boy Wonder...or it could just mean more than one Robin costume.

I'll bet they use Dick Grayson. We already know he's a teenager because of an earlier ep's line B-man says to the Blue Beetle about Robin being with the Teen Titans.
I agree, I think they'll have flashbacks to when Dick was the young Robin who didn't question Batman and a "modern day" story where he's on the verge of becoming Nightwing.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Chaser Wed May 20, 2009 6:08 pm

That sounds interesting. You think they'd go that deep into the interpersonal relationships? I always look at the show as light-hearted fare. They've been having fun splashing in the shallow end, why wade deeper?
Horizon Chaser
Horizon Chaser
Properly wrinkly

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Wed May 20, 2009 7:24 pm

Horizon Chaser wrote:That sounds interesting. You think they'd go that deep into the interpersonal relationships? I always look at the show as light-hearted fare. They've been having fun splashing in the shallow end, why wade deeper?
Makes it more interesting. Still, I'm certain they'll strike the right balance between drama and fun.
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Chaser Fri May 22, 2009 2:28 pm

Having seen the commercial a couple more times I'm convinced that the different costume (and hairstyles) means there's a flashback sequence. And the commercial is all "It's Robin!" there's no telling who the villain is. I am confident that Loren Lester is not voicing the Boy Wonder this time.

Can't wait for these next few hours to pass so I can watch it.
Horizon Chaser
Horizon Chaser
Properly wrinkly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next