Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor

+9
Rich Flair
Sid Seadevil
barnaby morbius
Jennyjenkins
stanmore
Zoltar
Patrick
The Co=Ordinator
Frank
13 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Empty Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor

Post by Frank Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:19 pm

Hello, Wrinklies

Long time no see. Well, I haven't been on for ages simply because I've been extremely busy writing a book! And on 6th December, with any luck you'll see the final results.

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor
Published by Classic TV Press

The full press release is here http://issuu.com/cathoderaytube/docs/thepandoricaopens-pressrelease

You can order direct from the publishers Classic TV Press at the discounted price of £12.49 and get that delivered straight to your door cheaper and faster. It is also available via Amazon.

Cheers, Wrinklies!

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Pandorica+Opens+-+High+Quality
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 922
Awards : Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Person10
Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Creato10
Registration date : 2008-11-03

http://www.cathoderaytube.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Empty Re: Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:25 pm

OOOOH. A *Wrinkly* book. Very exciting! Very Happy
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
Awards : Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Person10
Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Richfl10

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Empty Re: Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor

Post by Patrick Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:18 am

Outstanding news, Frank! Very Happy

I'm assuming if it's on Amazon, that the book can be shipped to buyers in the US?
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:21 am

Worth pointing out that the photos were all taken by a certain scooty...........
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Richfl10

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoltar Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:14 am

Patrick wrote:Outstanding news, Frank! Very Happy

I'm assuming if it's on Amazon, that the book can be shipped to buyers in the US?
What he said. Smile
Zoltar
Zoltar
Caring Mod

Number of posts : 5371
Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Poster10
Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Kindes10
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:12 pm

You can buy it on Amazon. And you can have it shipped internationally direct from the publishers. How's them apples for ya?
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Creato10

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:15 pm

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Worth pointing out that the photos were all taken by a certain scooty...........

Indeed!

Photos in the book courtesy of Alun Vega, Scooty, Mugimoe, Cat Cranston, Rob Clarke...marvellous fellows, all of them! They have been so supportive and it has been great to have them involved.
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by stanmore Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:37 am

Aye, well done, Frank. I'll be buying this when I've got a bit more spondoolicks in the fridge.
stanmore
stanmore
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1669
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:34 pm

stanmore wrote:Aye, well done, Frank. I'll be buying this when I've got a bit more spondoolicks in the fridge.

Thanks! Get saving those pennies. Wouldn't want you to miss out on this.
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennyjenkins Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:29 pm

Missed this before Frank

Well done Smile
Jennyjenkins
Jennyjenkins
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 2079
Awards : Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Poster10
Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Kindes10

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:10 am

Jennyjenkins wrote:Missed this before Frank

Well done Smile

Thanks Jenny!

Just putting the finishing touches to the last chapter. A race against time, I can tell you.
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:53 am

Heads up people!

I'm delighted to announce that after serious negotiations over a sweet sherry or two those marvellous people at Classic TV Press and I have decided you might enjoy a book signing for the forthcoming publication of Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor due 6th December.

And not just one signing, dear readers. Two! Yes, you'll have two opportunities to buy the book and have me scribble all over it. So why not drop by if you're in London or Manchester. You'll all be very welcome. So get your diaries out or set your other time keeping devices for the following dates:

11th December, 1.00-4.00pm @ The Who Shop, 39-41 Barking Road, Upton Park, London. I'll be in the fabulous company of Bob Baker - Doctor Who writer (The Claws of Axos, The Three Doctors etc) and K9 co-creator.

13th December
, 6.30-8.00pm @ Blackwell University Bookshop, Precinct Centre, Oxford Road, Manchester

I look forward to to seeing you there. In the meantime you can catch up with me on a recent edition of The Thumbcast nattering about the book and Doctor Who in general.
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:07 am

Bob's a really nice guy, so that makes two of you then. Smile
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:36 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Bob's a really nice guy, so that makes two of you then. Smile

Aw, shucks. You say the nicest things.

Looking forward to nattering with Mr. Baker. Hope to see some London based Wrinklies popping in to get me autograph!
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by barnaby morbius Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:32 pm

i'll try and pop by if i can Smile
barnaby morbius
barnaby morbius
What about moi computer?

Number of posts : 1609
Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Lionhe10

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:16 am

barnaby morbius wrote:i'll try and pop by if i can Smile

Aye, come and say hello if you can! T'would be great to see you again.
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by barnaby morbius Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:37 pm

Frank wrote:

aargh- have to work. Sad
barnaby morbius
barnaby morbius
What about moi computer?

Number of posts : 1609
Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Lionhe10

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:18 am

barnaby morbius wrote:
Frank wrote:

aargh- have to work. Sad

Oh, knickers. Crying or Very sad
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:19 am

A quick further update to let you all know that ahead of the publication of 'The Pandorica Opens' book on Monday, there's now a 6-page exclusive excerpt from the book and an interview with me on the Classic TV Press website: http://www.classictvpress.co.uk

Enjoy the excerpt and I hope to see some of you either at the London or Manchester signings.
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:36 pm

You blind, trusting fools! Don't listen to the charlatan!

He's reaping the adoration while I did all the actual ghostwriting for one lousy hob-nob and a hat full of empty promises.

Send your money to me!!*

Spoiler:
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards : Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Poster10
Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Person10

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:58 pm

Sid,
I understand there's a certain question master from a Doctor Who quiz who still wants to smack you upside the head for your heckling. Somehow, I think Frank may want to assist.
Laughing
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:37 am

Patrick wrote:Sid,
I understand there's a certain question master from a Doctor Who quiz who still wants to smack you upside the head for your heckling. Somehow, I think Frank may want to assist.
Laughing
Patrick,

I'm sure I have no idea what it is that you're eluding to. So I'll ignore it. Twisted Evil
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor Person10

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:08 pm

Ghost written for a hob nob? I'm not that cheap!

However, our combined Who knowledge yesterday did save us from the ignominy of being bettered (no, not battered) by David Howe. We was rather pleased by that.

And it seems my review of The Lodger has not impressed one Gareth Roberts and in his twitterings this afternoon I was described as 'this Frank Collins person' (and could clearly see him looking down his nose at me as he tweeted it) and he has probably just gained me several more book sales as a result. Seriously, I really liked The Lodger but obviously my going for the sub-text does not a Doctor Who script-writer please.

Mwwwwahhhaaahhhha! My master plan comes to fruition. Or possibly a cinema near you. Very Happy
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:15 pm

I trust that you have uncovered plenty of lesbian sub-text in series 5 Frank.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:29 pm

The Co=Ordinator wrote:I trust that you have uncovered plenty of lesbian sub-text in series 5 Frank.

Lesbian, gay, Francis Bacon, Peter Pan, Tommy Copper, Tim Burton, Hammer Horror, 9/11, the Con-Lib alliance, Jung, Freud...Uncle Tom Cobley and all. Ooo, I think that's enough to be going on with.
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next