Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor

+9
Rich Flair
Sid Seadevil
barnaby morbius
Jennyjenkins
stanmore
Zoltar
Patrick
The Co=Ordinator
Frank
13 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 7 Empty Re: Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor

Post by Patrick Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Frank,
I should report that I went to Amazon.com, and the page says your book is "Out of Print - Limited Availability."

Is another printing going happen?
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957
Awards : Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 7 Person10

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 7 Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 7 Empty Re: Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:52 am

Hmmm...it's still available from Amazon UK. Perhaps you'd be better off ordering direct from the publisher, Patrick.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards : Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 7 Poster10
Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 7 Person10

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:27 am

That's a good idea, Sid. I'll check the Classic TV Press website at lunchtime. Oh, and I'm going to see what the current exchange rate is to find out what £12.49 translates to in US dollars.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Awards : Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 7 Person10

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 7 Poster10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:16 am

Pleased to be of some small help, old chap. Smile
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Awards : Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 7 Poster10
Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 7 Person10

Back to top Go down

Post by andrea Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:13 am

I was looking through the new Doctor Who Magazine last night and had paused at a full page advert for galaxy four (a shop in Sheffield it seems) in order to consider three models of the new Daleks and confirm my dislike of them, when I realised there was a small photo of Frank's book underneath with the enticing information (which I will type in for those without said magazine)

Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor, FRANK COLLINS provides an in-depth analysis of episodes, characters, themes and ideas, and places Doctor Who within the wider cultural context of contemporary social, political, historical and psychological debates. £14.99+£3 p&p

which is basically a sentence lifted from the back of the book. It greatly pleased me to see the book being advertised though.
andrea
andrea
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 695
Awards : Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 7 Kindes10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:35 am

That's great news, andrea. Anything that raises the book's profile is to be welcomed. Because the further I read into it, the more I'm convinced that this is (and there's no ego-stroking or flannel involved here) an important book in the field of not just DW, but TV criticism as a whole. And yes, I can be quoted on that.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:42 am

"An Eocene said............."
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 7 Richfl10

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:46 am

Indeed. And having been around for this many million years "An Eocene said..." carries some not insubstantial weight.

Razz
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:47 am

Not really. I'll just seal you in your subterranean domain once more.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 7 Richfl10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:49 am

What, and leave the world defenceless against Patrick! affraid
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:12 am

Aaaah. Good point...........
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:17 am

I knew you would realise that eventually.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:35 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:What, and leave the world defenceless against Patrick! affraid

The world clearly likes me better, Sidney. I wear real clothes, rather than a string vest tunic; I enuciate my words rather than employ a husky whisper; I'm not attempting to conquer humanity; and I keep a well stocked bar. What's not to like?
Razz

I should report that I ordered my copy of Frank's masterpiece directly from the publisher. And let me tell you, the shipping charges nearly did me in: almost as much to ship as the book itself cost! I got a confirmation email of receipt and processing of my order, however, I have no idea how it's actually been shipped, nor when I can expect it to arrive.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:49 am

What twaddle. I'm obviously much better loved than you. I mean, exactly how many Video/DVD releases have there been featuring you?

The shipping charges were that bad? That's outrageous. Still, take my word for it, when it finally arrives and you actually read the book you'll quickly realise that it was money particularly well spent.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Flair Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:50 am

You should have got two, then put one up on Amazon Marketplace at double the price!
Rich Flair
Rich Flair
Master Deviant

Number of posts : 1656

Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:55 am

Rich Flair wrote:You should have got two, then put one up on Amazon Marketplace at double the price!
That idea shows real flair, Flair. I nominate you for the next series of The Apprentice.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:30 am

Sid Seadevil wrote:What twaddle. I'm obviously much better loved than you. I mean, exactly how many Video/DVD releases have there been featuring you?

I seem to recall in your two televised appearances, you were the villain of the piece, and you got soundly defeated.

Sid Seadevil wrote:The shipping charges were that bad? That's outrageous. Still, take my word for it, when it finally arrives and you actually read the book you'll quickly realise that it was money particularly well spent.

I shall do so, when it gets here. Let's hope the premium I paid for shipping means it reaches me sooner, rather than later.

Rich Flair wrote:You should have got two, then put one up on Amazon Marketplace at double the price!

Doh! Why didn't I think of that?
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Patrick wrote:I seem to recall in your two televised appearances, you were the villain of the piece, and you got soundly defeated.
Nonsense. That was heavily edited hairy ape propoganda.

Patrick wrote:I shall do so, when it gets here. Let's hope the premium I paid for shipping means it reaches me sooner, rather than later.
*crosses fingers*

Patrick wrote:Doh! Why didn't I think of that?
The story of your life. Very Happy
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott H. Seadevil Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:12 am

He
Elliott H. Seadevil
Elliott H. Seadevil
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 508
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:44 pm

I'd like to report that I've received my copy of "The Pandorica Opens." Unfortunately, I cannot.

Since I placed my order and received confirmation email three weeks ago today, I placed a follow up email to the publisher. My question was simple: where's my book? Should I have a response by the morning, I'll post it. But I'm a bit disappointed that in three weeks, I've heard nothing from them regarding my order status.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:12 am

That's unfortunate. Keep pressing them with messages. Something has very clearly gone amiss.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:29 am

I got an email back from the publisher this morning, informing me that the book was shipped via Royal Mail Airmail, with their estimate that it would take a week to ship. But, the publisher warned, it has been known to take up to a month.

At some point, this means the shipping of this book is going to have to interface with the US Postal Service- who are definately not regarded for their alacrity. And Lord only knows what the book has to go through with customs at whatever Port of Entry it was routed through.

The publishers advice was to wait another week, and if it hasn't arrived, contact them back and they will ship another copy immediately.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:26 am

Ah...not an ideal delivery system at all. But bear with it - it will be worth the wait!
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:05 pm

So in response to the publisher, I indicated that the reason I had to order it directly from them was due to the error message I got when I visited Amazon.com. Here's the reply:

Hi Patrick,

The Amazon.com thing is an odd one - we've not sorted out US distribution yet (we're a pretty new independent publisher) but think the book ended up getting listed because it's on Amazon.co.uk. Anyway, we're currently sorting out better UK distribution and then the US is next on our hitlist.

Thanks for being understanding about your order - hopefully you'll receive it any day now...

All the best,
(name omitted)

So they apparently haven't even attempted to reach US readers yet. Frank, my friend, I think you should crack the whip with them a bit.
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:09 pm

It is all a touch chaotic, isn't it. Hopefully they're correct and the book will turn up at any moment. Although I'm sure the weather probably isn't exactly helping at the moment either.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next