Outpost Wrinkly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor

+9
Rich Flair
Sid Seadevil
barnaby morbius
Jennyjenkins
stanmore
Zoltar
Patrick
The Co=Ordinator
Frank
13 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 2 Empty Re: Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor

Post by The Co=Ordinator Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:30 pm

Any wrinkly influnces at all? Razz
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Number of posts : 11054
Awards : Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 2 Person10
Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 2 Richfl10

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 2 Empty Re: Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor

Post by Frank Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:44 pm

What can I say? For wrinklies by a wrinkly. Very Happy
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 922
Awards : Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 2 Person10
Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 2 Creato10

http://www.cathoderaytube.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:09 pm

I shudder to think what sort of Wrinkly influences Sid would impart on Frank's work.
Laughing
Patrick
Patrick
Fast-Living Admin

Number of posts : 7957

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 2 Poster10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:20 pm

Frank wrote:Ghost written for a hob nob? I'm not that cheap!
No, but you do drive an exceedingly hard bargain, me old fella'.

Frank wrote:However, our combined Who knowledge yesterday did save us from the ignominy of being bettered (no, not battered) by David Howe. We was rather pleased by that.
actually, at a final score of 29 and a half points, we did exceptionally well. Especially given the somewhat...ah, esoteric nature of many of the questions posed.

Frank wrote:And it seems my review of The Lodger has not impressed one Gareth Roberts and in his twitterings this afternoon I was described as 'this Frank Collins person' (and could clearly see him looking down his nose at me as he tweeted it) and he has probably just gained me several more book sales as a result. Seriously, I really liked The Lodger but obviously my going for the sub-text does not a Doctor Who script-writer please.
Oh, that's definitely the way to do it, Frank. Personally, if I were in a certain Gareth Robert's position I'd much prefer to find my work being given the intelligent and insightful review treatment of a 'this Frank Collins person' than the majority of reviewers out there. Honestly, some people.

Frank wrote:Mwwwwahhhaaahhhha! My master plan comes to fruition. Or possibly a cinema near you. Very Happy
Hmmm...I suppose that explains why you spent the entire meet wearing that stylishly ridiculous Valyard ensemble.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Number of posts : 8275
Location : Back from charting the Undiscovered Country - it wasn't all that
Awards : Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 2 Poster10
Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 2 Person10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:25 pm

The Co=Ordinator wrote:I trust that you have uncovered plenty of lesbian sub-text in series 5 Frank.
And series 6. Series 7. Series 8...etc...etc...etc....
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Awards : Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 2 Poster10
Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 2 Person10

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:21 pm

Well, if you pre-ordered your copy then the publisher tells me they have sent out the pre-orders. I know a few folk who have received copies today so you should get them this week if you are in the UK.

Hope you enjoy it!
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 2 Creato10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:44 pm

Frank wrote:Well, if you pre-ordered your copy then the publisher tells me they have sent out the pre-orders. I know a few folk who have received copies today so you should get them this week if you are in the UK.

Hope you enjoy it!
Excellent news! I'll certainly be ordering my copy just as soon as humanly possible.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:17 am

Thanks to Classic TV Press and Frank, DWAS have a copy of his excellent book to give away in a competition. Entry is open to all. For more details go to my blog. Very Happy
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - Exploring the Worlds of the Eleventh Doctor - Page 2 Richfl10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:30 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Thanks to Classic TV Press and Frank, DWAS have a copy of his excellent book to give away in a competition. Entry is open to all. For more details go to my blog. Very Happy
Well I for one will never stoop to attempting to gain a free copy of this much anticipated volume by entering a mere competition!*

er, what was that email address again...?*
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:11 am

Don't forget people I am coming to London on Saturday to sign books at The Who Shop between 1pm and 4pm

I'm bringing my best fountain pen!
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:14 am

Wish I could be there to cheer you on old mate. Still, I very much doubt you'll need it. Oh, and watch out for cramped writing hand syndrome.

Best of luck for the day! Smile
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:47 am

I'm taking a robotic arm. I'll just set that up and then sit back as it signs all the books Very Happy
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:49 am

Get K9 to do the signing for you Frank.
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by stanmore Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:09 am

Perhaps I'm desperately sad, but if I'd provoked grumpy twitterings from Gareth Roberts, I'd feel like I'd made it. (What the "it" might be, I'd hate to hazard a guess at...)

I'm in Norwich tomorrow, but I'll be cheering you on in spirit... Smile
stanmore
stanmore
Justified and ancient

Number of posts : 1669
Awards :

Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:24 am

stanmore wrote:I'm in Norwich tomorrow, but I'll be cheering you on in spirit... Smile
So say we all!
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:11 pm

stanmore wrote:I'm in Norwich tomorrow, but I'll be cheering you on in spirit... Smile

The signing is on Saturday. Wink
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Then we'll simply cheer Frank on even louder and longer.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:17 am

Alas your cheers were in vain even though I appreciated them very much. It was a disappointing day. Didn't sell or sign many books at all. The Who Shop were delightful and looked after us but it was very quiet for a Saturday afternoon. Even they were a bit baffled at how quiet it was. Perhaps it was too far to come even if you were in central London? I don't know. Just a bit underwhelming.

I bet Bob Baker only drew about 20 people all told on the day. If that.

I'm hoping for a better turn out at the Manchester signing tonight. We have mulled wine and mince pies! So please raise some further Wrinkly cheers for tonight. I think I'm really going to need them.

On the positive side, Dark Sky has posted some constructive and complimentary comments on the book (yes, someone's reading it!) on Gallifrey Base. I'm hoping that will sell some copies.
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:41 am

That's inexplicably bad fortune, Frank. You have my fingers crossed - and expectations, that tonight's signing will go much more favourably.

*crosses fingers*
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:44 am

Who Shop is a long way out Frank. 2 weeks before Christmas as well. Plus West Ham at home just up the road. Sad

Hopefully you'll do much better this evening. I shall down a glass of virtual mulled wine in your honour.

Last edited by The Co=Ordinator on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:53 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Wish I could bloody spell)
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sid Seadevil Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:52 am

Most excellent points. Plus I think I'll join you in raising a glass of mulled wine.
Sid Seadevil
Sid Seadevil
Older than Sid

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:34 am

The Co=Ordinator wrote:Who Shop is a long way out Frank. 2 weeks before Christmas as well. Plus West Ham at home just up the road. Sad

Hopefully you'll do much better this evening. I shall down a glass of virtual mulled wine in your honour.

Thanks and I absolutely agree with all of that. Too far out, too close to Christmas and the bloody football. Chalk that up to experience. And it wasn't my suggestion in the first place so it's more a case of the publisher being stung as a consequence and he freely admits that they got that wrong.

Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by The Co=Ordinator Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:38 am

For the next book, I would suggest Sci-Fi Collector on the Strand is the place to go. Very Happy
The Co=Ordinator
The Co=Ordinator
Tony the CyberAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich Flair Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:49 am

Surely Forbidden Planet is the place to be?

Apologies for not making it, but I was at the theatre with my mum.
Rich Flair
Rich Flair
Master Deviant

Number of posts : 1656

Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:08 am

Agree that Sci-Fi Collector and Forbidden Planet are the places to be. But it ultimately depends on them and whether they want to promote a book by a small publishing firm and a completely unknown author. It's certainly not from the want of trying.

A good friend who works in the industry finds our experiences very typical. Only the well known will get the major attention for signings. He has tales of many, many book launches for established writers where no one at all turned up. He's currently selling our book and for an 'academic' title he says we're doing OK and better than most.

We'll know better for the next time!
Frank
Frank
Justified and ancient

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next